AnkleBreaker
Years ago

Perth Wildcats Nick Kay gets some well deserved props!

Workmanlike Perth Wildcats forward Nick Kay belongs in MVP conversation

https://thewest.com.au/sport/perth-wildcats/workmanlike-perth-wildcats-forward-nick-kay-belongs-in-mvp-conversation-ng-b881034761z

P.S Don't read Rob Beveridge...the tears will flow again!

Topic #44382 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

That made me go to the realgm site to see these stats the article mentions. Top 5 player efficiency ratings:

Nicholas Kay 24.2
Josh Boone 23.5
Shawn Long 23.0
Andrew Bogut 22.4
Angus Brandt 21.8

Top 5 offensive rating:

Nicholas Kay 136.8
Cameron Gliddon 135.4
Adam Gibson 132.4
Patrick Richard 130.5
Damian Martin 129.6

Top 5 defensive rating:

Andrew Bogut 99.1
Nicholas Kay 101.7
Josh Boone 102.3
D.J. Kennedy 104.1
Angus Brandt 104.5

Reply #719519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"That made me go to the realgm site to see these stats the article mentions"

Its a pity you need to visit another site to get those stats.

Reply #719520 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed fellow anon. I'm also not sure how accurate/up to date the stats are on realgm. This is the first time I've used that site. For example I've just noticed that Damian Martin is listed as only attempting two 3 pointers this season, which I don't think is right (I seem to remember him hitting four in a single game). Was trying to work out why he's in the top 5 offensive ratings...

Reply #719521 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My mistake (regarding Damian Martin), he averages two 3 point attempts per game. I thought I was looking at a total but it was an average. He's actually 5/10 from the 3 point line this season...

Reply #719522 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

A contender for sure.
At the very least he is having an All NBL season.
Can see why Perth only need two imports.

Reply #719527 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Norton & Kaye have been MASSIVE pick ups for Perth!!

Reply #719543 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

It's why I had Perth on top in my ladder prediction, and I couldn't understand why so many people thought it odd. I wasn't being arrogant or boastful, but Perth made massive improvements to a team that still made the finals last year.
Still a lot of water to go under the bridge, and I'm not saying they finish on top, but that was the basis for my estimate.
Prior to Bogut coming home, Kay was probably the best local big man, and Norton is s starting quality PG.

Reply #719564 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Wow judging by those stats mentioned above Angus Brandt has had a very good start to the season too which gets a bit forgotten about due to injury.

Well done to Nick, obviously deserves everything he gets, as he's busted his arse to get anything.

Reply #719619 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Fantastic role player, so versatile and every team needs a Nick Kay!

Reply #719671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's more than a role player breh

Reply #720451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe .... he's a role player who can play a lot of roles in the same game and at a high level.

Reply #720490 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:57 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754