Isaac
Years ago

Jazz trade Burks and picks for Kyle Korver

Woj:

Jazz acquiring Cavaliers guard Kyle Korver, one of the most coveted players on early-season trade market.
Remarkable given he's almost 38 and shot horribly last post-season.

ESPN:
The Cleveland Cavaliers have traded guard Kyle Korver to the Utah Jazz for guard Alec Burks and two future second-round picks, league sources told ESPN.

The Jazz (9-12) have been determined to thrust themselves out of an early-season malaise and pursued Korver to deepen their ability to spread the floor with their shooting. Korver, 37, has been one of the most pursued available players on the trade market.

Utah is sending 2020 and 2021 second-round picks to Cleveland, league sources said. The 2021 pick is via the Washington Wizards.

(Oops, posted as 76ers instead of Jazz originally because I was expecting Philly to try and get him!)

Topic #44387 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Decent trade. Jazz need the floor spacers, Burks gets the chance at consistent minutes & the Cavs are finally starting to compile some assets (albeit 2nd rounders) and surely moving an eye to the future, finally!

Reply #719664 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Interesting he's already spent 4 yrs there as well. Would have been a better fit at Philly

Reply #719745 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Good opportunity for Burks in what I believe is his contract year. He looked like a starting-quality wing for years before his injuries. As a Cavs fan the only thing I don't like about this trade is that Burks might win us a couple of games and drop our odds in the Zion sweepstakes.

Reply #719857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zion needs to drop about 30 pounds if you want him to be the new Lebron in Cleveland....if not he might just be the new Anthony Bennett !

Reply #720241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hahahaha have you WATCHED Zion play basketball? Or did you just look at a picture? The kid is fast in every direction and is torching RJ Barrett who came into the season as the consensus favourite for the #1 pick. His PER is over 150% of what Bennett's was.

I don't think he's going to be Lebron. He is a willing passer and his handles are great but I think he's more likely to end up a better Draymond Green, top-5 player in the NBA (in his prime) sort of level.

Reply #720253 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:38 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754