HOOPIN
Years ago

woodville 05 No whitmore no bradley!!

how are Woodville going to cope next season with no inside threats and no-one to rebound. Who can fill this role and who will they be targetting

Topic #444 | Report this topic

what the  
Years ago

they have some brilliant u18 and 20s coming - but no 7 footers - they are going to have to look elsewhere.
They have a lot of mid range height - guard style players in u18/20s

It was obvious this year - they need 2 big guys to succeed - last year with just whitmaore they were middle of the road.

Paul Rees has strong ties there - don't be surprised if he dons the green again.

Reply #3490 | Report this post

Bob Knight  
Years ago

Money can't buy you love or chemistry to win a championship!

Reply #3576 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Simon Kent, Nathan Baggott and James Smith - if those three don't come over/back, they're in strife!

Reply #3683 | Report this post

S Vidmar  
Years ago

Bob what would you know about money buying a championship I guarantee the Warriors spent less this year than 3 teams not even in the grand final, and one not even in the 5. do you sums chief an american when recruited properly is cheaper than you think.

Reply #3823 | Report this post

captain BT  
Years ago

S Vidmar please explain to all how to recruit an American/Import cheaply. Because the majority of people in the basketball community feel that in this era having an import on the roster is an irresponsible use of club funds.

Reply #3828 | Report this post

Bob Knight  
Years ago

S Vidmar if you think imports are cheap your dreaming. I suggest you check your club's financials and you will find the cost for your import will stick out like dogs balls. Do you think that your junior coaching directors should be getting paid more your import?

Reply #3846 | Report this post

S Vidmar  
Years ago

I am not in a position to give all of the secrets away men, lets just say that the mens budget at woodville is no higher than 5-6 other mens teams, you see import and you auto think big $$. Why does it have to be club funds to keep an import, there are other ways to make it happen, maybe woodville are the only ones thinking outside of the square.
I am more than happy to discus your dogs balls but until you know the full story please keep you uneducated comments to yourself. Give Basketball Australia a call and ask a few questions if your business and legal mind is not sharp enough to make it happen cheaper than directed then its your loss.

Reply #3922 | Report this post

Bob Knight  
Years ago

Even if Woodville's mens budget is no higher than 5-6 other mens teams that doesn't change the fact that imports are expensive no matter how they are funded. That money is better spent on the junior program. You haven't answered my question on whether you think an import should be paid more than your Junior Coaching Directors.

"What happend to S Vidmar?....I had to let him go"

Reply #3988 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I heard a rumour that there's a few big names in ABL that are looking to transfer to Woodville if the likes of Whitmore and Bradley aren't back next year. Watch the nationals closely, particularly for those who may be at the game in street clothes, and you might get a strong hint at who wants to join the green n gold.

Reply #3993 | Report this post

S Vidmar  
Years ago

Both of these positions are completely different. Eric not only had a possitive effect on the men's program he spent all of his spair time doing the following.
Coaching St Michaels yr 9's, running Aussie Hoops Friday arvo's
His attendance at Woodville junior games was better than any american ever to play at Woodville. He was constantly running clinics for the Warrior kids. His skills and personality would have helped the coaching directors develop.
If an American is going to come over here and help local western suburbs basketball like Eric has then yes he deserves to be paid what he was paid, hell he might have even been cheap.

Reply #4079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brilliant players in U20s?? Who?? A very young Ng?? Maybe in the future.
They are all guards, do not rely on these players to provide what Gilbert, Whitmore, Bray, Vanderburg and Bradley have in the past.
Good luck Tracy. Heard other players are leaving Woodville very soon too. Graves, Vanderburg, etc.......

Reply #4701 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Strewth, I've got to log on more often. This must be 10 consecutive posts from me now. Remind me to get a life.

Graves, Vandenburgh etc ..... heck. Anonymous, if you know more, spill the beans. You can't drop a half rumour like that. At least be a politican and tell an outright lie!

Reply #6242 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:06 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754