Anonymous
Years ago

How good is Daniel Grida?

Im interested to get people's thoughts on Daniel Grida's rookie season so far. The more I watch him the the more I love his game.

He seems to be getting better and better as the season goes on too.

Dark horse for Rookie of the Year?

Topic #44447 | Report this topic

KET  
Years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTkQceIFxK4

Reply #721719 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

How long did they sign Grida for? Naar was 3 years IIRC. Smart move for the franchise if Grida was also 3 years. Maybe Hawks can rebrand as a feeder club for the rest of the league - sign them young, get them used to the pro game, and then Perth can sign them for 400k/y.

Reply #721727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could make a good Wildcat once he's ready for the big Time.

Reply #721733 | Report this post

Violet Crumble  
Years ago

If he is any good, he'll end up a Wildcat. If it's an aberration, he'll be a King.

Reply #721738 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The announcement said he has signed for the 2018-19 season which usually means the player signed a 1 year contract.

I was impressed with Grida what I saw of him in that preseason tournament in Malaysia. He's got a bit of mongrel in him and doesn't seem to lose his confidence like most young players.

Reply #721740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Grida kept the hawks in it yesterday with his hustle alone stopping a few easy baskets.

NAAR has been getting shooting tips from markele Fultz.

Reply #721751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Naar passes up wide open looks it's almost embarrassing!

Grinda looks a far better prospect than Naar

Reply #721805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From what I've seen of him, I rate him pretty highly. Good size for his position, shoots well, doesn't seem afraid of contact; I like what someone said above that he doesn't seem to change the way he play despite his youth/inexperience at the level.

Reply #721918 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

I see a lot of Cadee in Grida. Yeah, Cadee is a PG, Grida isn't, but their scoring style is similar. So is the way they both move with the ball (Grida does more withOUT the ball, IMO). Grida prob more reliable as a scorer and still a rookie!

Grida at Bris is something I'd like to see. Mind you, I don't mean at Cadee's expense, and certainly not for Gliddon. Maybe as Gibson gets (even) closer to retirement.

Reply #721922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His ceiling is somewhere between Goulding and Blanchfield IMO. With better defense.

He works harder than 99% of players his age.

Reply #721928 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Hopefully he is better than Cadee.
The big clubs will be watching if he is a free agent this off season.

Reply #721936 | Report this post

jjj  
Years ago

Pretty sure his defence is better than Cadee's

Reply #722028 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I have enjoyed his work so far from what I've seen but the Hawks have been flogged a couple times this season and maybe he should have played more in those games and let Blanchfield rest

Reply #722249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Grida signed a 2 year contract. A great decision by the Hawks.

Reply #722288 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:08 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754