The Girv
Years ago

St Clair Christmas Carnival Draw

Was very excited for the weekend ahead, that was until I received my teams fixture today. Apparently having a one game break between two games at different venues is acceptable. If these two games were at the same venue I wouldn't be excited, but would be more accepting. In all previous carnivals I'd never faced something like this and it is a bit disappointing considering the additional available number of courts at hand.
Anyone else having similar experiences today?
#BringbackJodi

Topic #44449 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know why Jodi still isn't in charge of it?? She ran it faultlessly for so many years and then all of a sudden it's becomes Woodville's? How many more handouts does that club get untill enough is enough ?

Reply #721762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where did you get the draw from. The email i recieved i could not get the draw

Reply #721764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Their Facebook page says to reply to the email and they'll send the proper draw. Amateur hour.

Reply #721766 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I have received with email notification.

Reply #721770 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hilarious you guys complaining and you cant even check your emails properly. Omg.

Reply #721771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes everyone on Facebook complaining is a just a hater.

Reply #721772 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

People complaining on Facebook. Now that's a first. No interest in Facebook anti social platform.

Reply #721825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Classic Woodville!

Reply #721847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jodie isn't in charge because BSA just handed the carnival to Woodville, without even letting her know beforehand. Because she had done a great job of it previously, it must be to throw a floundering club a lifeline. No courtesy though. BSA obviously wouldn't think to be mindful of a servant of the sport and their association. Either incompetence or they just don't give a shit.

Reply #721850 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bsa gave it up because they lost money running it last year and if you haven't noticed bsa not exactly flush with staff these days

Reply #721852 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure one women can't run a carnival by herself with 190 teams and 15 plus courts

You guys are on drugs if you think she is superwoman

Ask yourself why they didn’t tell her , because they are a shambles , that’s why

Reply #721853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe not run the whole thing, but she always managed to get it organised (without teams playing two games in a row) more than four days out from it.

Reply #721854 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Move on.

Reply #721856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you Unhappy about that or just keen to hate on woodville some more

Maybe bang on some more about the make believe hand outs , that's a good one

Reply #721857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon is definitely Craig Gilbert because I've never met a bigger flog

Reply #721858 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon is definitely Craig Gilbert because I've never met a bigger flog

Reply #721859 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

2017 Carnival 225 teams the biggest in SA played over 20 courts, ran by a small group of 5 and organised by this "superwoman" you speak about.
The only reason it didn't make money last year was because games couldn’t be played at St.Clair due to renovations. Also programs were always received a week prior to carnival commencing so don’t bag the person that organised this great carnival if it wasnt for her Woodville wouldnt even have the teams they have this year.

Reply #721861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You hate him so much you posted it twice

You hate him so much you posted it twice

Reply #721862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Absolute brilliant banter champ

Reply #721865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah Jodi is the bomb leave her alone

Reply #721866 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for the stats on last years carnival too Jody

Reply #721868 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

No one is bagging any one except someone driving the bagging of current carnival. Wannabe Warrior keyboard warrior LOL isn't that ironic.

Reply #721870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jodie*. Spelling it right is almost as hard as thinking of an excuse better than "everyone gave us wrong email addresses" for why the draws took so long.

Reply #721871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More fight here than anything their premier league squads have dished up lately

Reply #721872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't say she did everything by herself, or she's a superwoman, or that BSA was competent (obviously).

Reply #721873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully they sell lots of shirts so they can afford a decent import again.

Reply #721874 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Is the draw out. Is the world flat. Are wankers real. Will next moron please comment on this.

Reply #721876 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jodie always looked after our teams and the people that helped her make it a smoothly run carnival, keeping in mind you can't please everyone, its a shame its now in the hands of a club that always turns gold into turds. I give it 3 years.

Does anyone know anything about the 3x3 carnival that is being run the same week end who are they?

Reply #721877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just vote with your feet and don't enter next year.
Woodville couldn't organise a root in a brothel. Have they got a replacement for the sacked Herriman, whoops, sorry, replaced because they're moving in a different direction whatever that means. He was hopeless as a jdo and coach but that's what you get for getting a Whitmore disciple.
Now they're stuffing up the golden goose. Finally have the courts to run it but obviously not the know how. Wonder how long before West are the new major tenants at St Clair?

Reply #721900 | Report this post

3BallinSA  
Years ago

To answer the question above the 3x3 carnival running this weekend is ours www.3ballinsa.com at LeFevre Community Stadium.

Running a carnival is tough and trying to run one with no experience that has that many courts and teams entered is always going to be tough, not getting Jodie involved to help was a huge mistake by Woodville.

We Would like to thank all those who let her slide as she is now with 3BallinSA and has been a huge asset for us. Just know she is aware of the messages of support for her and is very humbled by them, she just didn't want make comment on here and upset anyone (classic Jodie).

If you wish to be involved in 3x3 come check us out we are about enjoying Basketball

Good Luck Woodville hope the carnival is a success

Reply #721917 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Finally someone with a bit of class and speaking sense. Need more of this attitude to be positive in basketball circles. Celebrate 3 on 3 carnival celebrate new stadiums st francis st Clair lightview. Good luck to sturt. Hope south and west can get something up and running. So over the piss weak gutless slagging. You wingers need to take hard look at yourselves and ask what medication can I use to help me. Basketball is not exactly flying in this state lightning on knees Sixers struggling. Clubs numbers aren't growing in comparison to football and now with advent of girls playing footy another obstacle. And instead of promoting great sport it's let you feet do the walking and not participate in carnivals like Norwood or st Clair. Or 3 on 3. Hope all carnivals go well. Hope everyone has great time. Well done to all the volunteers who basically run these events and shit if some one even gets pay fantastic. It's for the betterment of the sport community and maybe you morons might even realise for the kids who don't give a rat's about the crap we experts speak. A ball a hoop few mates happy happy happy. Merry Hoops to all.

Reply #721927 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Craig Gilbert, the saviour of Woodville and club legend, is an "absolute flog" is he. Would love to hear your reasoning behind that statement?

Reply #721929 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's okay Craig, some people must like you

Reply #721931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What exactly has he saved them from? Being a successful club? Going nowhere fast. Actually, they'll be going somewhere once they lose st clair, so I guess he has done something for them.

Reply #721932 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I'm not a Woodville person at all. The infighting, divisiveness and inability to get along at the Warriors stems back much further than Gilbert. You only have to refer to the Ben McDonald - Al Green farce from a few years back for one example.
Maybe those that are committed to helping the Warriors become relevant again should actually unite and put the club and its needs first. A novel idea I know when talking about Woodville.

Reply #721938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gilbert inherited a club split by the arrogance of Benn McDonald but hasn't done himself any favours by supporting his mate Scotty who just recruits Centrals players instead of developing his own because he's still salty he didn't get reappointed there. Their girls program is the worst in the state and despite the numbers, the boys are struggling, a lot are going to other clubs based on the coaching.

Reply #721944 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Any news on the carnival? Or was I sucked in by the Title?

Reply #721964 | Report this post

Bad form  
Years ago

3BallinSA
Showing your class!!!
Number 1 rule - never bag your opposition, you just make yourself look like an asshole

Ps I have no involvement with Woodville

Reply #721968 | Report this post

Anonnn  
Years ago

The original post was regarding games split between venues.
Some games are at st michaels college, and some at titanium. Driving time of about 10 minutes. This won't have an effect on the team, as usual arrival time pre game is 30 minutes early.

If its further than that i'd be concerned.

Reply #721969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Going out of your way to tell us you have no involvement with a club guarantees you have involvement with a club.

Reply #721978 | Report this post

Bad form  
Years ago

No involvement with Woodville !
Just do not see it fair to sit & pot them online

Reply #721982 | Report this post

The Girv  
Years ago

The venue split was between Wayville and St Clair #969

Reply #721983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So dousnt concern you that people have to virtually rush from one game to another, why couldn't there be better planning

Reply #721984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

According to their Facebook page: "coaches and contacts are looking at it (the schedule) to see if there are any glaring errors."

You'd think glaring errors would be fixed prior to going out, but again, Woodville.

Reply #721985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

posted on their page that one team has two games at exactly the same time.

Reply #721986 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

So whats the issue. Few hiccups errors get sorted. Move on.

Reply #721987 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

interesting the Woodville members who certainly didn't have that opinion in regards to BSA and their District fixtures.

But Woodville so everyone has to play nice and appreciate the horrible service they get right?

Reply #721989 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Christ mate you have a real love affair with all things Woodville.

Reply #721991 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

Maybe if your going to personally attack someone on here, maybe have the balls to use your real name!!!

Reply #722027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shut up Tuck

Reply #722029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BYO chairs this weekend fellas

Reply #722048 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:48 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754