LC
Years ago

Chasing the dream: Mitch Creek on taking a chance

Speaking with The Pick and Roll in Long Island, Creek still questions if coming to America was the right move.

"I didn't know whether coming over here would be the right or wrong decision," Creek said. “I still don’t know.

Chasing the dream: Mitch Creek on taking a chance towards that NBA goal

Topic #44451 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

We can sit back with our opinions all day and act like we know better or try and quantify our comments with clever and wise statements, but nothing ventured, nothing gained still rings true.

We get one lottery chance at this thing called life, good for him, have no regrets - life is too short for them anyway!

Reply #722005 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

When you weigh it up, he's basically sacrificing one season of NBL for a chance to test the waters in the US at a salary close to $10k AUD per month with accommodation and living costs covered. Not a bad deal on it's own, but well worth the shot to potentially earn an NBA deal which would obviously blow away what he'd earn back here.

Reply #722007 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

"I could have stayed in Australia, averaged 25 points a game and made the NBA that way."

Pretty arrogant for someone who averaged 14 last season, don't you think?

Reply #722032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sick of hearing about this guy.

Reply #722034 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

His request to Santa was a CD called "What about Me?"
It worked for Shannon Noll
Good luck to him but don't forget those who 'helped' you along the way (as Patty Mills often reinforces)

Reply #722035 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Oh great, another Creek thread.
Cue all the Adelaide fans to tell us how much they hate their team for what they did.

Obviously, if you have better options as Creek did, then playing for Beer-Money in the peanut-league is a dumb move. Except for that small minority with a genuine chance at an NBA contract (of which he is not one.)

Reply #722036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AD...... SMH at your understanding on anything basketball related. Obviously as fan of the game, but I'm sure you’ve never ventured past the decision making of the 2K screen.

Reply #722045 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

He didn't say he would average 25 a game. He was saying achieving that was the "safer" alternative of making the NBA in the comfort of his own country.

He was explaining the risk of him trying to do it over there.

Reply #722072 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

"Oh great another Creek thread"

Nobody forces you to participate "Not Dazz"

I admire what Creek is doing it's his choice he still has a long career ahead of him.
Will be great to see him play for SEM.

Reply #722085 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Great article by PNR.

Definitely worth a shot at the big time for Mitch. He has a half chance at a 10 day call up next month. If a team has some injuries and needs someone who will be solid and play their role he'll get a look in. Hope he's given a chance.

Reply #722264 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:49 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754