Jack Toft
Years ago

Brisbane v Adelaide Dec 15

The Sixers season is at risk of going from good to bad to "let's plan for next year"

Brisbane are sitting in 4th spot at the moment after a run of three wins. The Sixers have slumped to 6th keeping the Breakers and Snakers company after two horrible losses to those Hawks.

Choo, Chooo! The Brisbane train seems to be in full swing with Lemanis shovelling as much coal as he can into the boilers. They are on a roll at the moment so expect sales of the Cadee clothing range to be also on a high. The Brisbane team just seem to have clicked over the last month or so. Even the fans are coming out of the woodwork. Are they the real deal, or like Dave Hughes, are Brisbane punching above their weight?

The Sixers need someone to lift. Sobey and Wiley are shouldering a fair load, but this game is an opportunity for bench players in particular to step up. This game is a crunch game for the Sixers and could get more heated than a Brexit debate in British parliament.

Come on Sixers, let's derail the train!

Topic #44463 | Report this topic

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

No Shinkansen (Bullet Ttain) has ever been derailed. Bullet trains have an impeccable safety and efficiency record.

From The Straits Times (Dec2017):
"TOKYO - In a blight on the bullet train's track record of zero safety problems, a crack and an oil leak were found on a Japanese shinkansen that was pulled out of service midway on Monday (Dec 11).

But the early discovery means Japan maintained its record of no fatalities nor injuries to passengers of the shinkansen since it began operations in 1964.

Still, the Japan Transport Safety Board, in announcing an inquiry on Wednesday (Dec 13), used the label “serious incident" for the first time.”

Although there was a case of self-immolation (of a passenger on board) recorded. So maybe one of the Bullets will sabotage the Bullet Train. Adelaide’s only chance I think.

Choo Choo.

Reply #722644 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Just can't see us winning this. We lost to them twice when they weren't playing well and now they're rolling and at home too. The Sixers two losses to the Hawks were extremely disappointing in this soft part of our schedule.

Our last eight games are a nightmare and we could conceivably lose a good seven of those so we had to really make hay during this 11 game stretch of which we're already 2-2. Another loss today and it would start to become impossible to even make the playoffs.

I just don't think this team has enough hunger and back bone despite the owner's large hand in all this by signing Deleon and then holding onto him for nine games. I think the Bullets might put us to the sword today.

Bullets by 17

Reply #722659 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Just putting it out there, particularly for Sixer fans.

Was Adelaide better with Adris? I though he filled a need more, as good as Conger can be.

Reply #722662 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Today is a rare occasion where I would be cheering on Adelaide.
Not a fan of the bullet bandwagon train.
Let's go Sixers.

Reply #722663 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Sixers fans need to chill with the 'season is over' crap. Stop flipping out. Thought Adelaide fans were meant to be the smartest in the country. Act like it

Reply #722668 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Who is the lady on the pre-game broadcast?

Not to be rude, but I have no idea who she is and she isn't great.

If the NBL has to have a female on board, cool, but someone who is at least more recognisable to the masses would be much better.

Reply #722669 | Report this post

Candy Del Ray  
Years ago

I'm tuned in to 9GO.

Time to watch some more MG ads and reminisce about Jack and his little red rooster.

Reply #722672 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

So Drmic pushed the player setting the screen. The amount of dodgy screens I see every game the refs don't call.
Then they call foul on Froling for having his arm on Hodgsen, yet 2 seconds earlier in the same wrestle Hodgsen has his back to the play with his arm on Frolings shoulder on the back of his head.

Reply #722673 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Did we ever get an answer about free cheeseburgers in Tweed Heads?

I'm headed into Tweed soon and want to know if it’s worth a detour.

Reply #722675 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Tommy needs to wash the cake off his face because it's not good for his skin

Reply #722677 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

UseTaHoop, apparently everyone overlooked my Tweed burger question the other week. It's a shame because it has real-world implications

Reply #722678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hoping the NBL sends a league-wide memo to all teams banning the use of the Jeopardy music forthwith.

Reply #722679 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Gliddon has come out of his shell under Lemanis

I like it

Reply #722680 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

So are we still calling clear path fouls as unsportsmanlike in the nbl or not? Patterson was the last man on D and fouled Sobey, but it was only a standard two shots, no possession. What's the rule?

Reply #722681 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Paterson should have been a USF.

Ref who called the foul was wrong, then Boecker was wrong for not reviewing it when asked.

Reply #722682 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

If they reviewed the last play, Teys should have been T'd up. However on review Hodgson would have been ejected. Therefore they choose not to review?

Reply #722684 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I said it in the late part of last season, Conger plays losing basketball

Reply #722686 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Agree Manu, he was scoring when his team was done. A lot of junk time points

Reply #722687 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

That's what I thought FM! I’ve lost count of the amount of times Sixers players have been called for USF on a clear path. This is why refs get no respect in the NBL.

Reply #722688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I said it at start last season, very very ball dominant and poor defensively, but don't tell the experts.

Reply #722689 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Great last quarter from Drmic. First the chase down steal, then 3/3 from downtown, plus an offensive board. Probably the difference in the game.

Reply #722691 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Good win for the Sixers, but Bullets blew a lot of chances on both ends. Did Wiley play that 2nd half at all?

Reply #722692 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep Drmic blew it open. Kendle gone from hero to missing in 1 week.

Reply #722693 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Oh noes Bullets lost. :(

Reply #722694 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Suck on it please Brisbane.
choo choo.

Reply #722695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good result for the league, just like last night was

Reply #722696 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Another Saturday night without basketball yawn.

Reply #722697 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Brisbane can't win a championship without Vukona

Reply #722698 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bairstow just like Kay last night missed to many lay ups down the stretch. Enjoyable game. Drimic with a good second half.

Reply #722699 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Liked some of Deng's aggression, however a couple of times he stuttered then shot when last year he'd have just shot it.

We need wiley to do more, and for next year another centre that can let DJ shoot more jumpers and bring the opposition out.

Reply #722701 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Cheeseburgers:

I have a partial (?..) answer.

You can't access the code using an NSW postcode. I tried using a Tweed postcode. Next time I’ll try using a Qld postcode, ie starting with a 4.

Real world implications indeed. Perhaps it’s because Qld don’t run AEDT. What about people in Albury Wodonga? Does Broken a Hill even have a Hungry Jacks?

Still so many unanswered questions this NBL season.

Reply #722707 | Report this post

Jim Bert  
Years ago

Is Bairstow on a minutes restriction? Any word on when that will be lifted?

He seems to be the most productive Bullets player in limited minutes.

Reply #722719 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Get it sorted for next time when you cross the border for a night out in a different timezone, hitting up Hungry Jack's before heading onto Timezone.

Reply #722720 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Perthworld.

Actually I live in AEDT Timezone, in NSW.

But my nearest TimeZone is in Qld. Although in that TimeZone my phone switches between AEST and AEDT (Qld and. NSW time zones) due to the cell signal bouncing between towers.

Tomorrow I'm off to GC airport to pick up the parentals. Technically speaking, they could have about 5 time zone changes:
ACDT (SA) > AEDT (Vic and NSW) > AEST (Qld)> AEDT (NSW, taxiing south at GC airport)> AEST (GC airport terminal)> AEDT (on NSW roads). The GC airport changes all depend on the wind direction though. The state border cuts through the airport land and across the runway.

Reply #722726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bairstow wasn't productive after halftime. Ran out of gas. I'd suggest form the reason for any restriction today.

Reply #722728 | Report this post

Violet Crumble  
Years ago

Is Kendle really any better than Holt? Kendle's best might not even be as good as average Holt. It’s a nice story that he’s maximised his opportunity, but he’s a SEABL/third-stringer at best.

Reply #722732 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting that Doyle got so many minutes. I didn't see all of the game, but was there an issue with Moore and Sobey that would've caused that? I know Doyle hit some shots in the previous game.

Surely they have trouble finding Drmic/etc minutes as it is?

Reply #722739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How the hell does Sobey not ejected for flopping? Spends more time on his ass than on his feat. This league is disgraceful

Reply #722750 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

That "brawl" consisting of Froling bumping Gliddon and then whining to the ref while Sobey launched himself at Gliddon in retaliation for him having stood there, only for Chris Reid to give Gliddon a USF (and Sobey nothing) anyway, would have been hilarious if it weren't so depressing. Sums up both Adelaide and Reid really.

Reply #722758 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

So Brisbane weren't good enough. Adelaide could have done better and the refs were shit. Groundhog day.

Reply #722763 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

"That "brawl" consisting of Froling bumping Gliddon and then whining to the ref while Sobey launched himself at Gliddon in retaliation for him having stood there, only for Chris Reid to give Gliddon a USF (and Sobey nothing) anyway, would have been hilarious if it weren't so depressing. Sums up both Adelaide and Reid really." ???

I saw Gliddon step towards Froling after making a shot and talking, and then Gliddon stepped forward again and dropped a shoulder into a stationary Froling's chest - who was jolted backwards ( rear camera angle) - was there another episode that you are referring too ?

Reply #722767 | Report this post

CB  
Years ago

Bloody hell. How can people be so one sided. Surely you see all sides and then choose to pretend there was only the opposition in the wrong. Refs made their calls against both teams, move the f on!

Reply #722780 | Report this post

Adelaide then daylight

Reply #722783 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Gliddon stepped forward again and dropped a shoulder into a stationary Froling's chest
https://www.opsm.com.au/find-store

Reply #722837 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Relevant for you koberulz: https://www.specsavers.com.au/stores

Reply #722842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you look at 'the incident with Gliddon on Frohling in slow mo, everyone seems to have missed young dog Magnay run in and push Sobey which led to Moores push. Magnay involved in a bit of argy bargy last night. Watch this space, he will be noticed eventually. Hodgson getting cocky, should have been ejected. If this does not get reviewed or he gets off like the grab on Sobeys throat then Joey has every right to go ballistic.

Reply #722925 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

Manu still angry LOL

Reply #724529 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:30 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754