Jack Toft
Years ago

Illawarra v Sydney Dec 16

The NSW derby is on and this time it is H U G E !

Sydney (at home) knocked them off last time, but there's been more changes than puberty with these teams. Sydney, who drove a wooden stake into the heart of the Wildcats earlier in the round, are actually playing as a team and are in second spot. Their championship odds has reduced down to match Perth and Melbournes and are skinnier than a super model on an ice diet.

Illawarra too have improved. Their championship odds are still as fat as a public servant's pay check, but three wins on the trot have kept them in touch with the top 4.

So, while everyone is thinking Sydney should have this wrapped up by half time and have the luxury of clearing the bench while Bogut catches a beer, I think this will be a very interesting game.

On paper the Kings have every position covered, but Illawarra have shown they can take it to the top 3 at home and they have no fear.

Courage is one thing, but skill is another. Sydney to limp over the line in this one with a margin under 5

Topic #44465 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm calling it now that the there will a crowd of 4000+ and this game will be very close.I wonder if Anthony Mundine will stand for the anthem,I doubt it.I love the video messages on Hawks facebook from Patty Mills,Cyril and Dean Rioli and others.

Reply #722778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You da man, Jack. But I still think Sydney will have this wrapped up by half time.

Reply #722779 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Sydney to win by 6.

Reply #722781 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Sydney will win if Wear can shoot at 77% again

Reply #722785 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

Hawks have two former MVP player's + jett, former all Australian centre. Anderson won a million titles around the world great role players and a great coach.

Haven't had the chemistry as yet, should be close game. Ware until as a consistent game's hitting it like here on Friday the Kings still have a? For me great talented team but consistacy is the key and over a 5 game series with perth or united or adelaide?

Reply #722790 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

No score ticker. How amateur.

Reply #722796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I just had a peep of this game for 5 mins. Do they usually not show the score in NBL?

Reply #722797 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

They do.

Reply #722798 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

What's this about Brandt calling Bogut a porkchop lol?

Reply #722799 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Is that Willie Simmons on the Hawks bench? Assistant role?

If this thread is any guide, the interest level in this game is almost zero. Even with Forman on commentary team, Mundine and surfer Sally at the game.

Reply #722810 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Is Surfer Sally at the game to support Adnam???

I don't believe the Gerringong Girl cover story.

Reply #722813 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

19 foul shots to 0 anybody?

Reply #722814 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Heal commentating in Wollongong: "Here in Sydney"

Reply #722815 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Mundine and surfer Sally lol.
A grade celebrities out in Wollongong today.

Reply #722816 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Surfer Sally would be A Grade celebrity in the Gong.

Steph Gilmore is huge in Tweed/Gold Coast area. Surfer Sally equivalent in the Gong.

Reply #722817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings very good, Illawarra just out classed, if hawks could bring in quality 4 and a high scoring wing and build on what they have could be very good down the track, a monster 5 would help to.

Reply #722834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone see an attendance number?

Reply #722850 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Indigenous game was a great idea and run very well except one serious omission. Scott Butler is not only the nbl referee manager he is also Australia's first NBL referee of Aboriginal decent.

It was good to recognise Michael Ahmatt Australia’s first Indigenous basketballer at an olympics. To recognise that Scott Butler was the first Aboriginal referee at an olympics was a poor oversight.

Well done Illawarra on your respect today. Hopefully we will see all teams recognise our lands history in future years.

Reply #722897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What was the crowd like for this game ?

Reply #722921 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Going off the boxscore, the attendance was: 3951 - which is very very good for the Hawks, especially lately...

Reply #722927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"What was the crowd like for this game ?"

Smelly with a low IQ.

Reply #722936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They opened up the curtain that normally blocks about 1 qtr of the stadium. You could see plenty of spare seats but 3951 is quite shocking I would of thought it was less

Reply #723084 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They opened up the curtain that normally blocks about 1 qtr of the stadium. You could see plenty of spare seats but 3951 is quite shocking I would of thought it was less

Reply #723087 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

That will be the biggest crowd in Wollongong all season.

Sad to see.

Reply #723121 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:45 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754