Anonymous
Years ago

Red army panic thread

For over reacting Perth Wildcats fans to share their feels.

Topic #44478 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Years ago

Sorry OP, I tried to reply using my burner account but the post was deleted straight away :(

Reply #723098 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

... though I will say that I think we should sack Marty Clarke now

Reply #723100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Non-Cats fans all season - "Perth dont have enough firepower, they need a third import."

Cats fans mid-season - “We don't have enough firepower, we should get a third import.

Non-Cats fans - “haha hahahaha look at them panic, taste their salty Cats tears”

Reply #723101 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Thanks for considering us OP.

When I'm feeling sad after a loss like tonight I think of the 8 championships that our club has won.

Reply #723102 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it time to panic? If you look at this strategically Perth are in a great place. - The big question is whether the Cats without Marvin have the balls to do anything about it? - Is this the club that two years ago left no stone unturned in their successful quest to win another championship? - Or is it the Pussies who refused to take action last season? - The solution is so simple even Gaze could think of it - pack Gandalf off to the old foges home, bump White to bench, and bring in a proper SF.

Reply #723109 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

#109 yes questions about the club's front office and ambitions will be revealed shortly you would think. Nice to see someone else who gets it.

I posted this in the game thread but it is more suitable in here:

Troy did nothing last season when we were cooked during mid-Dec to mid-Jan. A massive fade is happening again so it will be interesting to see how invested the club really are or will they merely continue off of the fumes of recent titles. Does the CEO even have authority to spend? We'll see.

Reply #723115 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Truth is the nature of the sport is such that it's not the team who makes the best signings in July that wins, its the team that's prepared to seize opportunities and create opportunities where there are none.
Last year United heard Prather was available and they pounced - when he got injured they didn't just promote some rube they went and got Felix - end of the day those decisions lead to a ring.
Year before the cats replaced Johnson - twice - won a ring
Before that they heard Jawai was available - grabbed him - ring.
They spent a shit ton of cash to land Kay & NOrton and to lock in Cotton - plus brought back Jervis - plus white would not be cheap - what for? - So they want to be a contender?

Reply #723116 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Piss taking panic thread accepted by the look of things.

Reply #723119 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brought back Jervis?

The guy is trash and seems to be out of favour with Gleeson, because he hasn't been getting much court time.

I am glad he didn't re-sign with Brisbane.

The next few weeks will be telling for Perth. At worst, they will drop to 4th at the end of the season. Melbourne, Sydney and even Brisbane are playing better than them at the moment. Brisbane by 17 this round.

Luckily for Perth, the bottom 4 are atrocious and won't be good enough to pass them.

Reply #723136 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

According to the ladder on the NBL app:

Perth are only 1 win ahead of 3rd (Melbourne);
Perth are only 2 wins ahead of 2nd (Sydney).

Very confusing way of presenting the ladder. Maybe it's the NBL’s way of lulling Perth into a false sense of security, making them think they’re 2 games clear when they’re not really.

Must be Kestleman’s evil plan to hobble a team he doesn’t own.

See Cats fans. The league is against you.

Reply #723141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How do you expect them to show the ladder?

Reply #723143 | Report this post

Pointybits  
Years ago

Oh dear one of many nameless claims the bottom 4 are atrocious. On the other hand Perth should grab the cheque book again and find someone to buy another ring. Fact is the teams spending mega bucks will almost always beat their poorer cousins as they do. I'm guessing the Hawks player budget is about 40% of the top 4s. Sour grapes no way.
Big dollars can protect an average coach who fails under pressure as he does

Reply #723145 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

A few posts ago, I suggested that Bris needed a 5 as support for hodgson. I said then, and I repeat, IMO, Hodgson is great. But as my first and only choice as a Centre, I worry that he is the only C.

re the above post:
"Brought back Jervis?
The guy is trash and seems to be out of favour with Gleeson, because he hasn't been getting much court time.
I am glad he didn't re-sign with Brisbane."

Imagine Jervis with a back-up role for on-court purposes and a mentor role off-court for the emerging Magnay and Harrison and for some tough poractice meat for Hodgson. Not relying on Jervis to be a game winner and not even a certainty to play. But if for any reason Hodgson is not available, then Bris are forced to play small ball. They do have a great roster for that style with a trio of outstanding 4's in Bairstow, Vukona and TeRangi but I want that as a coach's choice rather than a got-no-other choice.

I'd have Jervis back at the Bullets!

Reply #723146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

start a brisbane army panic thread pls

Reply #723152 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

One fan does not make an army.

Reply #723177 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I hear that Perth might re-name themselves the Llamas.

Just to match the two L's in a row L L ama.....

Reply #723186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah that was hilarious...

Reply #723187 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

You missed the full details, Jack. It's actually the Excellency Honourable Master Sir Gentlemen Mr Lord Llamas Esq.
To match the two Ls and the 8 titles.

Reply #723191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good one LLuuuc.

Reply #723193 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Anon 152

Brisbane doesn't have an army of supporters.

They have tetsu, of varying kinds.

From the Washington Post:

"Sure, there are the vanilla trainspotters who take photos of various trains around the country. They’re called tori-tetsu. (Tori means to take, and tetsu means train.)

But there are also nori-tetsu, people who enjoy traveling on trains; yomi-tetsu, those who love to read about trains, especially train schedules; oto-tetsu, the people who record the sound of trains; sharyo-tetsu, fans of train design; eki-tetsu, people who study stations; and even ekiben-tetsu, aficionados of the exquisite bento lunchboxes sold at stations."
(Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/asia_pacific/if-you-thought-japans-trains-were-something-else-wait-until-you-see-its-trainspotters/2017/01/05/1049fe38-c5c6-11e6-a22f-f4d703887285_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.388f29f70bed)

All aboard the bullet train. Choo Choo. Next station Red Army devastation.

Reply #723225 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

......yes , and hodgson aint got brakes...

Reply #723226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"bought Jervis back" - Thats what you take from my post? - No helping some people

Reply #723229 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Camel

Manu is "Dr Yellow"

((Google Dr Yellow bullet train)

Reply #723232 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

brave Luuuc

Reply #723234 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Jack is good for the forum provides good banter.
8 is a special number
8 for titles Perth have
8 for losses Adelaide have this season

Reply #723250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

8 for the grade Jack will be in next year.

Reply #723251 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

8 for the grade Jack will be in next year

My favourite year!

Reply #723252 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

8 the number of Goulding flops per game.

Reply #723266 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

3rd import announced tomorrow. You heard it here first. His name is Corey and he's had a brief but painful media stint but has been convinced to come out of retirement and suit up again.

Reply #723332 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

After that horrendous 3rd quarter the other night and the 65 point final total, Whoever it is had better be bringing some numbers with them. This ain't no cupcake league.

Reply #723334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So, jokes aside, what do Perth do from here? - They bought a new car, installed a new engine, but the ties have run out of air. - Are they really going to stand idly by and watch their season die in the ass?
Im really worried this may be an ego thing for Gleeson - he doesn't want to admit he hired a spud, and without Marvin theres nobody to pull him into line.

Reply #723586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fantastic to see the fans implode. #fun

Reply #723588 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

#723856 Going off of last season where they did nothing it will probably happen again. Funnily enough the rut last season started in mid December as well. #back2back

Reply #723596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they will bust out of their rut easy enough - what they wont do is beat Sydney or Melbourne - which is a wasted year in my book

Reply #723605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We should also not forget that the economics for Perth are different - they can spend big because they earn big - they already have a hole caused by the scheduling - if they dont want revenue and memberships going backwards next season they need to step up

Reply #723607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bumping this

Reply #723853 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

#cooked

Reply #723859 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A well deserved bump I must say.

Reply #723874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it ok to panic NOW? - 5 points from the bench = pathetic - Team has lost ist way, don't know what they're playing for, need to regroup and focus. - Time for White & Wagstaff to go

Reply #723892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bumping again.

Reply #724384 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Derek Cooke Jr confirmed this evening as third import signing

Reply #724387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fieldel is a wanker

Reply #724394 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Wildcats should be out of the top 4 half way through January at this rate. Good job they have Brice Cotton or the first half of the season would have looked like Cairns does right now.

Reply #724397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#Bump #Fantastic

Reply #724398 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The Perth-mobile has four flat tyres and is on blocks

Reply #724400 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I love the salt, anon.

Perth salt is somehow sweet, it's one hell of a phenomenon

Reply #724401 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

We're slummin' it and everyone's lovin' it.

Reply #724417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fuck this shit - end of the day it doesn't hurt the league to be brought back to the pack, but this is just fucking ridiculous. - Its like nobody gives a shit anymore

Reply #724450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#Wecare
Bullshit we do.

Reply #724454 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I concur. Where is the uproar? Red Army has lost its passion to be the best. 0-4 but it's all good?

Reply #724479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even Matt Knight was in the newspaper this morning calling for someone to be sacked for a 3rd import

Reply #724480 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

https://thewest.com.au/sport/perth-wildcats/former-wildcat-matt-knight-urges-perth-to-move-on-signing-third-import-ng-b881058612z

Reply #724481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

While a third import would be nice.

Not enough has been said about the fact the Wildcats can't afford anyone decent!

Reply #724483 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

+1 Fieldel being a wanker

Reply #724489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

+2 on Fieldel being a wanker

Reply #724490 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Can't afford or won't spend? Crowds and membership continue to be healthy. Plus the GM would come cheap compared to Marvin.

Reply #724493 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Guys, it's Christmas time and I'm already full from all the sweets. Any more abuse from Perth fans and I'll burst!

Reply #724494 | Report this post

TrumpD  
Years ago

Oh now the Perth Pussy Cats can't afford a third import when there is no salary cap. Boo Fucking Hooo. What about all the money stashed away from ripping off the fans who pay the highest price to be a membership?
Oh that's right it goes to their 15 Asst Coaches and 83 office staff. Booo Hoo. Cry me a River.

Reply #724498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The fans aren't getting ripped off if they keep purchasing/renewing their memberships year after year.

Reply #724499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wildcats memberships are a bargain compared to what you pay for other live sport here in Perth

Reply #724521 | Report this post

TrumpD  
Years ago

Yeah. That makes a lot of sense. So every other sport is more of a ripoff.

Reply #724523 | Report this post

TrumpD  
Years ago

#Bump.
#Because

Reply #724537 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

"Oh that's right it goes to their 15 Asst Coaches and 83 office staff."

Pretty sure we have more than that.

Reply #724546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry hard to keep up with the staff. So many and unfortunately they don't show the dozens on their website anymore.

Reply #724562 | Report this post

TrumpD  
Years ago

#Bump

Reply #724605 | Report this post

Perthsux  
Years ago

#Bump
Just a reminder 19/20 thread now.

Reply #725558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You bumped this thread to tell people to go to another thread? Not very smart, are you Donald?

Reply #725562 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bumping a thread is lame.

Reply #725578 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

A title such as "Red army lack of panic thread" would be more appropriate given the current climate.

Reply #725581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perthworld I can only assume by the amount of time you spend posting that you are single and probably live with your Mum.

You need to calm down kid and let other posters have their opinions without butting in constantly.

Reply #725586 | Report this post

Perthsux  
Years ago

I bumped the thread because the panickers are now worried about 19/20 already idiot.

Reply #725593 | Report this post

Damian Martin posted on IG that he's started part time work as a real estate agent.

Cat Chat has already started playing what-if's and panicking about it!

Reply #725611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thanks for the cat chat updates
we all care a lot about what is being said at cat chat

Reply #725614 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

"Damian Martin posted on IG that he's started part time work as a real estate agent."

Oh noes. Saturday morning games are bad for home openings for fans. Maybe Martin will decide it's too inconvenient to go to games as well.

Reply #725630 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Damian Martin can be the personal buyer's agent for Dazz.

Reply #725725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bumping this to remind people where Perth are on the ladder.

Reply #726202 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Some more reminders:

Last 5 games form:

#8 Perth 1-4

Last 10 games form:

#7 Perth 4-6 (only Cairns are worse)

Reply #726273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some more reminders;

Perth - currently second on the ladder.

Reply #726274 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

We are third.

Reply #726276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#Bump.

Reply #726387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jeez Perthworld you don't even know where your own team is on the ladder. That's how disarrayed Perth is. #Fantastic.

Reply #726468 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Check the timestamp. After our game we were 3rd which is when I posted, however later on with Utd losing went back to 2nd. Geez, these anons.

Reply #726496 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do I really care? Nope. You seem to. So touchy.

Reply #726515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#Bump. Seeing the 3rd import thread shows how moronic the Perth bitches have become. I am sure they eat their own anonymous Perthworld children. (Hopefully)

Reply #726772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That makes no sense.

Reply #726777 | Report this post

Mark  
Years ago

Instead of using this site to criticise teams like Perth. Try and be constructive and act like adults in discussing issues.
If a new import is needed well give valid reason and suggest players who could possibly be recruited

Reply #726779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you want an Adult discussion Mark this forum is not the place for you.
The forum has been dragged down by trolling from Fieldel and or Perthworld.
It's getting as bad as Facebook.

Reply #726781 | Report this post

Mark  
Years ago

Annonymous
True. This site is becoming so childish

Reply #726783 | Report this post

Mark  
Years ago

Eric Moreland free agent. ? Possible import

Reply #726784 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

"The forum has been dragged down by trolling from Fieldel and or Perthworld."

More like anons trolling certain people by calling them trolls. I wouldn't be surprised if most of the anon activity against me is the same person.

Reply #726786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm starting to think Perthworld is Homicide.

Reply #726792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would be surprised "Perthworld" I obviously think you're a dickhead but trust me I have seen other anons and non-anons comment on you.

Reply #726793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You may not be anon Perthworld but you have a long long long way to go before you are taken seriously with posters such as LC,Paul,Mystro, Zodiac, Koberulz etc.

Reply #726794 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

WTF am I doing on that list?

Reply #726797 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The forum has been dragged down by trolling from Fieldel and or Perthworld.
There's truth in that. Perthworld, you're far from blameless.

Reply #726798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You are captain of the team Koberulz

Reply #726825 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Anon #726794 I've never said or thought of myself being in that group...

@Isaac can't disagree with you but many anons aren't exactly innocent either.

Reply #726854 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Why can't we just accept that some people like stirring the pot, some people like posting serious discussion and debate, and still others like to do a bit of both.

As long as we don’t get personally abusive towards each other, or NBL players, coaches and officials, we are left with only one question:

Does it really matter?

We can all agree to disagree.

I’ve only ever posted a couple of times as anon. About mental health stuff concerning players and ex-players. One of the problems with anon posting is that it can look like there’s more support for an opinion than there really is. Another problem with anons is that they tend to be more personally insulting.

Reply #726864 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Anons and Non anons are as bad as each other sometimes.
A bit of banter is OK eg Jack Toft stirring up us West Aussies but it is annoying when some go out of their way to troll.
Ignore trolls and hope they disappear.

Reply #726868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#Bump Calling it early

Reply #727415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Close but a great bump.

Reply #727477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#Bump again, and I backed Perth FFS.

Reply #728809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just in case anyone missed it. #unlucky32

Reply #728991 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:00 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754