Isaac
Years ago

Taipans vs Kings, 20 Dec 2018

Kings are 9-4 and feeling good. Taipans are 1-11 and not in a good place at all.

Can the Snakes surprise everyone?

Topic #44487 | Report this topic

jumpshot  
Years ago

Depends on Wear's rare form.

Reply #723532 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Like any game, it will go one way or the other....most likely the other!!

Reply #723544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah, I think it will go one way. Not the other.

Reply #723545 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

My money's on the other.

I’m gonna clean up.

Reply #723550 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Taipans are due a win. They have not been embarrassing themselves by getting dacked by 30 points a game, but can't get the points on the board.

I reckon they will upset a team soon, but maybe not tonight

Reply #723551 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yes , the longer you go without winning , the more likely you are to win one .
Might be on Saturday , rather than tonite .

Reply #723552 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Good move last game to bring Nate off the bench. He did his bit through the middle of the game to get Cairns back into the game. But then when Kelly went back to him in Q4, either they couldn't get him the ball or turned it over getting it to him. But whatever it did not work although the idea was good.
Cairns try hard but Mello and Newbill can't get it done on their own. They both over do the penetration and need to read what the D gives them.
Keep the game close till the final 2, and steal it down the stretch.
Could upset. Sydney have habit of nodding off.

Reply #723554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My god tragardh and Worthington are extremely cringey on commentary. Awful

Reply #723558 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Good start by Cairns, Jawai is really troubling Bogut.

Reply #723559 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Love seeing Bogey attack in the post. Not paying off so much tonight but good to see.

Sydney need to get some pick and roll going for him for the alley oop finish. Easy Money!!!

Reply #723560 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Kings timeout shows who is really coaching that team, the players.

Reply #723564 | Report this post

Splinky  
Years ago

Seems like Wear has reverted back to the mean.

Reply #723567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gaze is doing a fine job, love the way he goes about it. Great for the league.

Reply #723568 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

kuany looks pretty good........wouldnt mind him .....

Reply #723569 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Do Cairns ask Frarne to return? Like him or not, one must admit that he did a great job with a roster of less talent than every other team in the league.

Reply #723571 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I think Fearne is an assistant coach at UNC-Charlotte now.

Reply #723572 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Why isn't Harvey on commentary anymore? I put him as one of the best last season. He is certainly well spoken and more articulated than most the others.

Reply #723573 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

"My god tragardh and Worthington are extremely cringey on commentary. Awful"

It's downright embarrassing.

Reply #723576 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I don't think I've ever seen Kickert go 0/2 in a trip to the FT line before.

Reply #723577 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I believe it's the 2nd time Kickert has given the home state burgers this season. I'd check his FT% but I hate the NBL website, but I believe he's having an uncharacteristically bad FT shooting season so far.

Reply #723579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This Taipans team, they have to be up there with the worst/weakest in NBL history

Reply #723580 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kickert was 25-of-29 prior to missing his only two free throws tonight. He'll finish 50-40-90 again

Reply #723581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OMG Imagine if Sydney sacked Wear and hired somebody that could actually play PF?
Even Gaze Wouldn't be able to stop them

Reply #723583 | Report this post

Will the Taipans win another game?

Reply #723587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perthworld has a friend! Well it's most likely him as an anon. "They're embarrassing"' he types from his parents basement with his tinfoil hat on.

Reply #723590 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Gaze presser was spicy meat

Reply #723592 | Report this post

Greybuoy  
Years ago

No team could rationalise a loss to Cairns in the remainder of the season.

Reply #723594 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

"Perthworld has a friend! Well it's most likely him as an anon. "They're embarrassing"' he types from his parents basement with his tinfoil hat on."

Hi Mrs. Worthington/Tragardh anon.

We don't have basements in Australia.

Reply #723595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perthworld is a gronk.
Prefer Dazz and Manu over this dipshit.

Reply #723597 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Someone is really in love with the all-monotone team!

Reply #723599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Baiting Perth world is easy and fun.

Reply #723600 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

It's come to a point where I don't even need bait on my hook when it comes to criticising the all-time worst commentary duo.

Reply #723601 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Taipans are a 20 point 8 rebound guy away from the playoffs.....anyone got a spare 250+k??

Reply #723602 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

serious question: how many of these dipshit are we stuck with for 2 years? please don't tell me Rob loe will be here next season.

Reply #723604 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

http://www.taipans.com/news/article/taipans-starring-rob-loe

The CQUniversity Cairns Taipans are pleased to announce the signing of ROB LOE, with the 26-year old big man committing for the 2018/19 and 2019/2020 seasons.

I literally laughed out loud just then on reading the 19/20 part. Sorry CT.

Reply #723606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What position does Loe supposed to play ? Is he a 5 or a 4, very poor at both.

No problem with the commentary last and the refs were fine as well.

Reply #723611 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I don't think Rob Loe is the problem. He's a role player who would slot in comfortably to any team in the league IMO. He's not going to make the Taipans significantly better, but he wouldn't make the Wildcats worse, either.

Taipans biggest issue is taking 3 imports in the backcourt I think, given the fact that their locals would mostly be the 7th-10th guys in most teams' rotations. All 3 of the imports have different games, but none of them help Cairns anywhere except the scoreboard really, and even then inconsistently. Replace Hall or Newbill with someone like Wiley at the 4 and the Taipans' record looks better. Not top 4, but better.

Reply #723613 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Bring back Carrera, that was one tough nut...that's what they are lacking.

Reply #723614 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They literally have no likely 20-point guy in the frontcourt. Not sure any of them would be a starter elsewhere in the league? Jawai, Loughton and Young aren't starting for a one-win team. Walker and Loe would be bench players anywhere else, you'd think.

Three imports in the backcourt and they scored 27 points all up that game. Newbill has slumped after a solid start to the season.

Reply #723629 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Ah, the Venezuelan Volcano

Reply #723633 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I say , Kuany - 10points in 10minutes , subbed oout , of course...NFI..

Reply #723636 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

KK plays like his 10 points could be quickly followed by 10 turnovers!!

Reply #723647 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

KK is like a punt returner, feels like every time he touches it it's going to be a TD or a turnover. I think he should've probably 20 minutes last night though.

Reply #723663 | Report this post

Twinkletoes  
Years ago

Kuany played very well last night and added some good energy. He had 2 stints and scored most of his points in his first stint. I thought both times he was subbed out it was fair enough.

Reply #723668 | Report this post

Greybuoy  
Years ago

Gotta be clear to all now (coaching staff excepted) that when Taipans train hard to improve on 'the little things' they’re just perfecting losing.
Lunacy.

Reply #723674 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonder if Kelly will chase some of Melbourne guys, Barlow, Moller, Adnam, Hooley perhaps even Boone, one or two of those would fill a few holes.

Reply #723676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wear is in rare form.

Reply #723684 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Kings would keep Adnam. Moller underused so could be a chance, but they have the roleplayers and need starters. Would you put the house on Boone after this season? I'd try for Coenraad - he's getting screwed in Wollongong year after year. He won't win you a championship, but he'll put in the effort trying and hopefully keep a team competitive. Have a crack at Sobey too.

Reply #723690 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Coenraad & Moller are both under contract for next season but think Boone, Barlow, Adnam & Hooley are all FA's at the end of the season.

I was surprised Coenraad just re-signed with the Hawks for 2 years like Isaac said they've jerked him around a bit too much but must really want to stay in the Gong.

Reply #723724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not convinced Moller is under contract, it might be an option. Hooley would be good value if not a starter. Majok could be an option as well.
Can't believe Kelly not playing a few of the young dp to see what they can like Bevo does. There season is finished anyway.

Reply #723739 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Well yeah it's likely an option, Moller signed a 3 year deal with United in 2017.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/other-sports/nbl-craig-moller-signs-three-year-deal-with-melbourne-united-forward-leaves-sydney-kings-ng-eda0673e1564480e6470e13ccf320569

Reply #723740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok thanks, be interesting if it is an option, under used at Melbourne, some good cattle in front of him.

Reply #723750 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:21 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754