Anonymous
Years ago

Doyle, why?!

Please just be a passing PG, when you try and score it is not plesent on the eye.

Topic #44521 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

Reply #724640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your spelling isn't plesent either.
Give the kid a break.

Reply #724643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apologies for the typo, but it's not a personal knock on him. His role should be a pass first PG, so when he pushes the ball on a break against a 7 footer, he should rethink the role he has.
If you take your personal feelings out of it, I’m sure you’d agree.

Reply #724646 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If you knew anything about Adam Doyle you'd know he’s a high percentage shooter. If he’s taking shots it’s because he’s been told to do that.

Reply #724653 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not in the NBL. Maybe in the premier league.

Reply #724657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smh at that turnover

Reply #724680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good question why ?

Reply #724721 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Hopefully Joey is looking in the mirror this morning and asking "why did I do that?" "what was I thinking?" regarding Doyle on court in last couple mins

Reply #724757 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

Not sure about the scoring thing, though as suggested above, I suspect he's been told he needs to look to score.

As to why he's on the court - because he can advance the ball under pressure, can and will distribute it and can and will organise and settle the team when they are under pressure. In other words he is a point guard.

Reply #724771 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

played terribly last nite ...a good game a coupla weeks ago...

Reply #724776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Settle the team when they're under pressure" ???? No sir, almost cost them the game with two turnovers late in the game. Back up PG role in very limited spurts is where his bread is buttered.

Reply #724780 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is a big v div 2 player. Not an NBL player.

Reply #724783 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"No sir, almost cost them the game with two turnovers late in the game."

No he had one turnover. The other one was a shit pass by Moore when Moore should have dribbled it past Goulding.

I have no problem with Doyle being on at the end as he is a good free throw shooter also.

As for driving against bigs, obviously OP hasn't watched him lately with him scoring on the drive against other bigs.

Doyle is having his best season so far and has proved he is good enough to be in the league besides what the keyboard warriors are saying.

Reply #724785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many other nbl teams would be recruiting him when he's a FA?

Could ask this regularly about joey’s end of the bench guys

Reply #724787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

doyle was fine, its very difficult coming off the bench in a high pressure situation when youve been sitting for a while if you've played any high level bball you'd know, one turnover was his, if you look at the silly turnovers sobey has/ gets very close to having you'll realise youre simply micromanaging doyle. he can stretch the floor for the team he can find guys and he generally looks after the ball; as for getting blocked wasnt the best take ive ever seen but he's learning soon he will realise if he creates body contact and extends he can get that shot off. eg. Isaiah Thomas (extendo).

Reply #724790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That last posession Doyle turned it over was a terribly drawn up and/or executed play. Why would you set up the smallest guy on the court to potentially catch it in a congested area? He should have done better, but he was put in a bad situation.

Really Doyle had 2 poor errors (resulting in the block by Pledger and the aforementioned turnover).

Sobey makes these mistakes regularly, but obviously brings a lot to the table nonetheless. Moore on the other hand has been poor this season - exemplified by the turnover other posters blamed Doyle for.

Reply #724794 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Doyle is a great point guard, he can shoot, much better shooter than a lot of the superstars, he is one of the quickest in the NBL, his 3 point shot is money and yep he had one turnover, the other was not his fault. Sobey turns the ball over 5 times a game. If Doyle played the same amount of minutes i think you'd find there'd be some Doyle jerseys in the stands. Scoff all you like.

Reply #724795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moore won the 36ers the game pal. I've not said Doyle is crap once, but I have said his role should be back up PG and distribution only. The pressure situations that he was in for only put him in a situation he wasn’t ready for. Yes Moore’s pass was errand, but the physical attributes required to catch it and make the play wasn’t their. To blame Joey for an NBL standard player turning the ball over is spin. Some of you are allowing your personal feelings for him get in the way of his actual ability. Great guy, good player, just shouldn’t be put in the game in the crunch.
Joey obviously realised it and pulled him out to end the quarter.

Reply #724796 | Report this post

Brunson  
Years ago

"How many other nbl teams would be recruiting him when he's a FA?

Could ask this regularly about joey's end of the bench guys"

Wright has been in the playoffs 4 times in 5 years. I think I will choose his opinion over yours. Adnam is another player that no one wanted before playing minutes for United last year. Every team needs these types of players. Wright continues to excel with the talent he gets.

"That last posession Doyle turned it over was a terribly drawn up and/or executed play. Why would you set up the smallest guy on the court to potentially catch it in a congested area? He should have done better, but he was put in a bad situation."

Why would you assume that was the play? Of course it wasn't the play! United defended it well and so the play broke down so instead of it being a 5 second call he went to the ball. There was the possibility that it was actually a foul. Ware also shot an airball 3 perhaps he shouldn't shoot it again?

"Really Doyle had 2 poor errors (resulting in the block by Pledger"

Perhaps Ware should stop driving it to the basket because he is too small also... Nothing wrong with Doyle being aggressive. Most of the season his drives have payed off with layups.

"Moore on the other hand has been poor this season - exemplified by the turnover other posters blamed Doyle for."

Moore makes a turnover so that is a sign he has been poor this season.... Did you actually watch the game? Everyone made mistakes, that is just what happens in basketball. Moore 18 points @ 77%, 5 rebounds, 5 assist, 2 turnovers, 2 steals... yes that really exemplified his poor season....

Reply #724797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wasn't questioning Joey, I was questioning how many teams would be recruiting Doyle if/when he was a free agent?

Great answer though....

Reply #724800 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bruson, I didn't say Moore had a poor season *because* he had that turnover. I said and meant he's been sub-par this season in just about every facet. His on-ball defense has been poor, over-dribbles the ball (which yesterday required him to match that BS shot over Barlow), makes passes without reading the play, particularly out of on-balls, which often result in turnovers. Last night was one of his better games, but still not good.

Did you watch the game, or any game this season? Seems not if your only justification is quoting the box score, which is a pretty unreliable indicator.

I really liked him last season too, so I'm not hating. He just hasn't been good. Realistically if Moore, Sobey or Deleon were capable of playing PG, Doyle wouldn't be getting an opportunity beyond token minutes. They haven't been, so Doyle's been given a shot, and likely told him to be aggressive when he's out there.

Reply #724801 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Sixers put on our number 3 point guard in the last minute of them game because Casper Ware can't defend him.

Hence Joey won that little battle.

Reply #724803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smh at whoever compared Doyle's drives at the rim to that of Casper Ware. You might as well say Iverson was small, and attacked so, so should Doyle......makes sense.

Reply #724814 | Report this post

CB  
Years ago

Anon- Sobey is averaging 2.5 turnovers a game. Sure he had a couple of games with 4/5 but last night he had 1 in 28 minutes. I really don't understand how you can say he’s making 5 turnovers a game when he played a lot more minutes then Doyle and they both got 1 by the box score. Doyle was 0-3 field goal attempts, less free throws, less steals and less rebounds. Really no comparison.

Reply #724818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doyle isn't going to be recruited much because he doesn't have a huge upside. He's a hard worker that's excelled with the talent he was given. Just like Dellavadova who wasn't chased outside of college. It took him having a great finals series before Milwaukee offered him a big bag of cash. If Doyle comes up big in a grand final series he may well be recruited more, but till then he's what he is, a local who works his butt off in training and whenever he gets some scraps of court time. I'd rather him than some flashy kid that comes out and tries to score everytime he touches, he's beat out a tonne of more talented kids that return home from college every year.

Reply #724819 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

Doyle is definitely being a lot more aggressive this season with the mins he has earned. Looks fairly comfortable now, and seems more confident to shoot now when sees an opponent give him half a step of space. However still struggles to break past defenders who harass him and put pressure on him unless he has a screen. Ware seems to love defending him and really pushes up on him, knowing Doyle can't get past him.

Reply #724821 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Doyle signed a 3 year deal in 2017 so assuming that last year is a player option he will be back with the 36ers next season unless of course the Kings come over the top with a big offer.

In all seriousness though I like that Doyle is being more aggressive this season and has been running the point okay but shouldn't have been on in crunch time though.

Reply #724824 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

#724823 wasn't me.

Reply #724830 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Lame.

My man isaac will be dealing with you shortly.

Reply #724835 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Doyle is a great team mascot...

Reply #724855 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can't believe this hasn't been said yet, but O Doyle rules

Reply #724859 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Not Goulding, not Bogut, not Webster, not Sobey, but Adam Doyle has caused the most Hoops carnage this season.

Good to see a roughie get up

Reply #724869 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Not Goulding, not Bogut, not Webster, not Sobey, but Adam Doyle has caused the most Hoops carnage this season.

Good to see a roughie get up

Reply #724870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doyle is up there along with hooley as one of the worst players to ever play nbl.
Usually a dud has 1 good thing to his game but with doyle he struggles in all areas

Reply #724971 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:29 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754