UseTaHoop
Years ago

Simmons Globetrotters mode

Just watching the news.

Bolden looked good.

BUT Simmons scored by inbounding the ball onto opponent's back, caught it back and went for the layup.

Very cheeky play. Maybe disrespectful though. Lots of us used to try to throw it out off the opposition, or bounce pass it onto the defender’s foot for a violation (back in the day, not current foot violation rule) but that was next level.

Amused me.

Topic #44556 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #725524 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Not disrespectful, just an intelligent play from a special player.

Reply #725526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If shooting the ball up 15 on the last play of the game is disrespectful, then so is throwing the ball off an opponent's back.

Reply #725533 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

You're funny, anon.

Reply #725535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smh

Reply #725536 | Report this post

Warney  
Years ago

Smart play, defender owes his team a bucket for shite D

Reply #725539 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I'm guessing it's Rivers' fault and the player was told to do that.

Reply #725541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think that's fair enough, it's a 4-point game with 16 seconds to play. I understand the NBA and NCAA attitude towards teams with big leads hunting shots on the final possession, but in those situations the outcome of the game is out of the question. In this situation, the Clips are still a chance to come back, and obviously trying to. Simmons just makes the highest percentage play available, can't see anything wrong with that.

Reply #725571 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know it's done a lot but I don’t understand defenders not looking at the ball, well done to Simmons imo.

Reply #725576 | Report this post

Simmons has done it before, so was bad scouting to not expect it.

Actually should have the basket not counted, as he caught the ball before stepping onto the court, so was technically out of bounds still?

Reply #725612 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:01 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754