LC
Years ago

Jock Landale on playing with basketball-crazed Partizan

"Playing for Partizan is crazy!"

“It's one of the cooler experiences I have ever had, but [it] can be very, very intimidating at times. You lose a game and these fans do not hold back - pointing at you or telling you to f*** off."

Interview: Jock Landale on a pathway to the NBA

He goes on to mention about a gun being pulled on him!

A great read.

Topic #44567 | Report this topic

Perthworld  
Years ago

Sounds like Partizan is my type of fanbase.

Reply #725758 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Oh they are crazy! Just like in Perth.

Reply #725764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fair chance Perthworld has never been to Perth...

Reply #725768 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Belgrade has a long history of invasions and violent liberation struggles. Basketball and soccer are both important expressions of Serb independence and identity.

I think Landale is reacting to a more healthy expression of independence, identity and nationalism than we see in wars. If that's how they support their ball team, just think of how they would support a threat to their independence.

Reply #725769 | Report this post

Glock  
Years ago

"I am 95% sure I almost had a gun pulled on me by a guy who approached me with his hands in his jacket yelling at me aggressively."

LC, that's far from having a gun being pulled on him, but it made me click on the story and it was a good read. Hope he keeps up his form.

Reply #725784 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:17 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754