harlem world
Years ago

ALL THE CLUB WEB SITES ARE PISS POOR

Disgrace

Topic #4457 | Report this topic

what the  
Years ago

some are ok - some are not there

when you consider the amount of IT the kids do - they would not feel proud if their club had no web site.

I know for a fact the kids all love to look up web sites at school

here is just one off the top of my head - they have their act together - and they are an amateur club - not a million dollor outfit

http://www.fencor.org/

clubs should have more photos for a start - so many people have digital cameras now

I think they get the interfuse web sites for free anyway

Reply #51728 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

http://www.fencor.org/results_2005.htm

great team photos

Reply #51729 | Report this post

BMG  
Years ago

Do you not realise that Clubs are run mostly by volunteers?

And if the people who would like to volunteer do not have the resources or knowledge to set up a website, what do you do?

Should they increase their fees and pay a professional all for the sake of having a web site?

Be part of the solution, not the problem, suggest an alternative or accept the fact that you can't please all of the people all of time.

BTW, do you help administer your Club's website?

Reply #51731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well said BMG

Reply #51732 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

when my kids were in year 11 and 12 they could set a web site up as a project.

surely a club could enter into something with a junior in this bracket to kill 2 birds with one stone.

student - gets the school project project done = club gets an up to date web site.

or clubs run a competition - ie design a web site = free fees for a season

the administrator can log on from anywhere to keep it happening

forestville is done with volunteers - yet that seems a lot better than most

Reply #51734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sturt/forestville's websites are fantastic, setting a great example to all

Reply #51760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd like to see sturt's web site acknowledge laura summerton's WNBA efforts more - with a special page - with her blog and photos

Reply #51763 | Report this post

Wateva  
Years ago

Good simple but practical idea there 'what the'. It shouldn't be too hard to ge some kids from a club to set up a web site and help maintain it. Maybe a little adult supervision to help prevent any unwanted items form appearing on the page.

Reply #51783 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Get a professional to design and build something. Then get a volunteer to keep the content going up. Most clubs would have a parent who has experience maintaining their work intranet, or a player who could get their fees canned in exchange for being the webmonkey.

Reply #51847 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hasn't this been discussed before?

Anyway I think Forestville's site fits that description perfectly Isaac. Simple yet well thought out design with constant updates from many people within the club.

Sturt's looks good but the updates are few and far between and there is little on there for the outsider other then a sales pitch.

North's new site looks like it has the potential to be very informative when complete.

Southern's is very much like Sturt. More of a broucher for new people looking for somewhere to play, but they do have some news and updates.

Reply #51849 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:10 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754