jjj
Years ago

Rucker’s rambling

"And Conklin is a cheap shot artist. I have heard many many people say how nice a guy he is blah blah but I know he's always around when some cheap shit goes down. Damo first now Lisch. Two honest hard working guys taken down by a basketball thug. Haha"

This is a tweet from Derek Rucker. Any thoughts?
I for one thought this was a misplaced attack by a has-been former player. Don’t know what axe he has to grind here but I thought the contact between Lisch and Conklin was an accidental head clash if anything caused by Lisch fouling Conklin. And really I don’t think Conklin has been anything but anaemic this season, he hasn’t more problems with the personnel in his own club than to worry about the opposition.
As for Rucker I assume he was involved in one of the many commentary based drinking games.

Topic #44583 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

Now that his name is mud from all his legal issues probably just trying to get attention in hoping to get his commentator gig back.

Reply #726367 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

He forgot to mention Conklin elbowing Mitch Creek in that tweet.

Reply #726375 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Rucker is sketchy but he is CORRECT about Conklin and his flying elbows.

Reply #726382 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Conklin knocked out three different players in the space of what, four months?

Heck of a coincidence.

Reply #726384 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rucker is a scumbag. Bags anyone and everything to do with the NBL just to make him relevant. The further he is away from the NBL the better. He bloody stole from an association. Get rid of him. Even had a go at John Casey recently.

Reply #726389 | Report this post

Udog  
Years ago

Hmmmm. Could Derrick Rucker be on to something.....

Reply #726392 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

IMHO ConKlin flails his arms and body arround with little concern with his or anyone else's saftey, that is true, other players have been just unco , accident prone or just what less enlightened times called "Gumbies", he is just without concern, and generally , i think, without intent to harm.

Others like Hire, Kruger and old time "enforcers" in the NBL and NBA did so with intent to bruise others and bruise them badly, I remember seeing in person a player (self styled "hard man") deliberatly get an opposition player (A) thrown over their hip and resulted in that player (A) getting a broken hip and evacuated by ambulance, the hard man went on to be an NBL assistant and head coach.

Reply #726394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Huh? You're putting Hire in the same category as Kruger? Are you mental?

Reply #726401 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

you are right, on second thoughts Kruger's way softer and less out to hurt anyone than Hire. :) Kruger was just thugish, Hire is calculated and devious

Reply #726405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hire is more deadly. He has a history of killing teams with his 3 point shooting.

Reply #726407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jokes aside, that is almost the most ridiculous comparison you could make.

Reply #726409 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

The only difference between Rucker and Heal is that the latter got away from his charges, yet now commentates pretty much every game.

Reply #726428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol, Rucker. A germ to so many people and failed at so many ventures. Almost satisfying he doesn't have a penny to his name now. Kinda sad though, where tf did all the money go from his career?

Reply #726458 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

He even had a house for "free" built for him in Townsville. Easy come, easy go.

Reply #726461 | Report this post

Wendy Byrd  
Years ago

What did Rucker say about John Casey?

Reply #726464 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:55 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754