SA
Years ago

U18 girls div 1 2019

WOW.... things have changed since I was last in SA just had a look at the ladder of the 18 girls div 1 to see Bearcats on top, assumed it must have been a mistake at first after looking at the names on that roster they are definitely the best team on paper by far. I remember the days where it was
Eagles
Sturt

and all the other teams

I am curious to know whos coaching them and has them playing so well.

Topic #44600 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Settle down bearcat.

Forestville still undefeated and beat West. Just that they have had the buy and west have not.

Plus a number of players missed games due to US tours etc so doesn't mean much atm imho!

Reply #726912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Quick Google search will tell you.

Reply #726915 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee someone's a little excited! Must be state champ favourites midway through summer. How good is that!

Reply #726920 | Report this post

'  
Years ago

round 10 for the junior draw seems missing on sports TG - the cancelled round due to heat before Christmas has different teams in it now as well - glitch ?

Reply #726922 | Report this post

Chewie  
Years ago

West - they have 2 excellent players and some solid role players but as said above, there are a lot f games to go and there's not much between the top 4 when they have everyone available.

As for the missing round 10. I heard that round 10 was being cancelled and the earlier missed round 7 was being played in its place based on getting seeding right for state champs. That round 10 results have gone into what was the cancelled round 7 seems to support that.

Reply #726933 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I think it's awesome to see! i love the success coming out of the girls program at West. Their under 12 and under 14 sides are also extremely good and very well coached.

Reply #727000 | Report this post

'  
Years ago

state champ seeding are based on - 10 team comp after round 9 - provided everyone has played each other once. In an 9,8,7 or 6 team comp - it is after everyone has played each other once - so seeding in dome girls grades Div 1 - state champ seedings may be done earlier provided everyone played each other. If everyone doesn't play each other until round 12 seedings are done then. Cant understand your logic putting round 10 into cancelled round 7 - as the results from these teams have not been achieved to work out seedlings. If they replaced round 10 with round 7 that would allow a result to be achieved and they everyone would have played each other once for correct seedings. Everyone must have played each other once before seedings can be accurate - and then it goes on ladder position.

Reply #727017 | Report this post

Chewie  
Years ago

The second part that you wrote is effectively what is happening. Consider rnd 10 to not be happening as it was previously scheduled. The results page now shows games that were to be played in rnd 10 are now rnd 7 with "result" next to each team. The round 7 games are to be played in rnd 10 and are counted for state champs seedings.
My understanding is that BSA informed the clubs of this change prior to Christmas.

Reply #727026 | Report this post

Chewie  
Years ago

As for the original post, on rereading it feels like a troll. You haven't been in SA for awhile but Wests roster on paper looks like definitely the best team? Based on what if you haven't been here?
West were an excellent team last season as well, and if not for a subjective coaching decision and an awesome shot from one of Sturts guards, they'd have played in the final.
It's a very different season to last and should make for a competitive state champs.

Reply #727031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seedlings won't matter. West have won U18 div 1 girls already apparently.
May be true! But Sturt will be there - many state players in that squad and very well coached. Eagles will be too tired from playing PL, South too young and Centrals yet to show their true colours - the Smokey.
To the OP. If you know the squad you know the coach - a good coach with a fair bit to learn yet, but putting in an enormous effort. So cut the crap.
As for the team. Yes plenty of talent but not sure of the synergies. Will soon find out.

Reply #727032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they hadn't pick up Centrals really good kid they would be average.

Reply #727328 | Report this post

Chewie  
Years ago

Interesting reading this now. Eagles vs south gf is an interesting outcome noting how well the top 5 played in interstate tournaments this year. Kind of blessed with how tight the competition is in this age group.

Reply #762733 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:40 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754