Luuuc
Years ago

WNBL Round 14

Penultimate Round of #WNBL19

Thu 7:00 - Bendigo vs Adelaide
Thu 6:30 - Perth vs Melbourne

Fri 7:00 - Townsville vs Canberra

Sat 5:30 - Adelaide vs Melbourne (Live on SBS & Foxtel)

Sun 12:00 - Sydney vs Canberra (@ Qudos - double-header with Kings-Hawks)
Sun 3:00 - Dandenong vs Townsville

--

Basket Case Podcast (with Cheryl Chambers & Simon Pritchard)

The WNBL Show (with Nicole Seekamp)

Topic #44601 | Report this topic

AshT  
Years ago

Lynx and Lightning (series 1-1) need Boomers to drop their last three games to grab second spot but regardless Boomers are the vulnerable team come playoffs IMO, so you'd want them week one, even if away.

Reply #726970 | Report this post

Aardvark  
Years ago

Does Bendigo still stream their home games? Will their game against Adelaide be online?

Reply #727005 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Should be a good TV game even if it is Melbourne again. This is the first (and last) time Adelaide will be on TV since Round 1. Perth also need to stand up and make a game out it if they want to show they're not just making up numbers in the Semis.

Wouldn't hold out any hope for a stream. Apparently it's all a software issue on FoxSports' side and as they have all the coverage rights it has to funnel through them. This is despite over this summer being able to watch Soccer, Cricket and even Baseball flawlessly on their live page. So try to work that one out.

Reply #727040 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

One bucket in the last 2:58 of game, unless Spirit hit here with 3secs left.

Reply #727064 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Geez Bendigo again in an OT match.

Reply #727068 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Now I just feel sorry for Bendigo

Reply #727070 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Lots of talk about LA & Nurse as standouts but Nia Coffey has seriously been a match winner for much of the season.

Reply #727075 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

The poor streaming been pretty disgraceful from Fox, especially as they are getting government funding to broadcast the WNBL among other womens' sports.

Reply #727084 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

They are probably getting funding based on how much coverage is provided including these non-existent streams. Rort?

Reply #727089 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Perth go boom, Melbourne go er.

Reply #727158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not over yet. lynx just had a 10 point quarter.

Reply #727170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The poor streaming been pretty disgraceful from Fox, especially as they are getting government funding to broadcast the WNBL among other womens' sports.

That's an absolute disgrace if that’s the case, time those in thevWNBL management positions were told to either do their job or go find another one, unless absolutely useless

Reply #727193 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

That was a good win from Perth even with that 3Q. Taylor firing at the right time.

Reply #727327 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

This round really feels like everyone's in a holding pattern until the conclusion next week. Canberra comfortable win over Townsville. Looks like they were in cruise control after HT.

Reply #727527 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Canberra 21-fouls to 9 and only got to the line for five free throws. At one point it was 19-6 and Griffin doing a lot of sitting on 3 & 4. 21pt HT lead but perhaps some complacency/choke factor crept in, perhaps typical of an everything to lose playing easy opp situation. Fire got it to six mid Q4. Madgen not too surprisingly deposed of her starting position and ineffective FH stats except for filling the turnover column with 5 or 6. Finished well in SH with very respectable 11pts & 7RB.

Reply #727540 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Turns out Alex Ciabattoni and Sami Whitcomb are going to have a "Lynx" face off in the EuroCup after their teams were drawn against each other in the knockouts. Think Alex has been injured coz she hasn't played much, only 3 games including most recent one last Thursday and nothing in the domestic league. Abby Bishop is the other Aussie with a team still in that comp.

Reply #727568 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I was out of town during the week so wasn't at the Lynx game, but catching up on news articles I saw this snippet of bad news, which I hadn't seen mentioned anywhere:

O'Hea limped from the court with a calf injury late in the game in a concern for Melbourne.

Lynx thrash Boomers

Reply #727576 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I see also that next weekend's TV game has been changed by Fox Sports. It was going to be Spirit-Capitals, but will now be Lynx-Lightning.
Good call by them IMO.

Reply #727577 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Pretty stupid that they wouldn't give us Rangers v Boomers instead - simply not enough Boomers games get shown. Otherwise a great decision, only I won't be surprised if the Bendigo game is the closer result and maybe some OT.

Reply #727587 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I think it will be the only time all season that we've had 2 non-Boomers TV games in a row, which is shameful I agree! We haven't seen nearly enough of them.

Reply #727591 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Boomers, Boomers, Boomers. So many Guy Molloy stans in this forum. If only there were people willing to stand up and take him and the Boomers to account for their lack of success but nobody ever does.

Reply #727704 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I'm stanning hard for him. Give him just 2 more Opals and I reckon his team would be grand final certainties.

Reply #727706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seekamp locking up that opals pg spot...
No other Aussie is close to her atm.

Reply #727714 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Enjoyable game so far. Adelaide doing a poor job of slowing the Boomers down, but keeping the pace up is not a bad idea for them given the Boomers played on Thursday night.

Reply #727717 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

When the Boomers implode they really do it with gusto huh. That turned around real fast in the back half of the 2nd. 17-2 run.

Reply #727721 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

So , the Lightning played at home . The curtain raiser , the pre game , was the 36ers.
The Lightning game did not appear on SBS .
On TV news , a glimpse , looked like a pretty good crowd .
Mite be a Lightning crowd record .

Reply #727765 | Report this post

'  
Years ago

Lightning crowd record is 7,100

Reply #727767 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

It did look a pretty solid crowd (by recent Lightning standards I mean). Good on those people who stuck around after the 36ers game. They saw a very good first half, but the 2nd was a bit disappointing from a Lightning perspective. They really fell away badly.
Boomers bigs should all just rack up 3 early fouls in every game. They looked a lot better playing legal defence without all the reaching, though admittedly they weren't challenged as much in the 2nd half either.

So that result sets up an interesting TV game next weekend. As a Lynx fan I would rather face the Boomers than the Caps in a semi final series. Meanwhile the Lightning lost their series against the Boomers this season but swept the Capitals so maybe staying in 4th is actually better for them?

Reply #727778 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

This is cool
Capitals star Kristy Wallace breaks silence after re-tearing ACL

But Wallace won't be courtside because the Capitals - all feeling for their teammate - passed the bucket around and shouted the former Baylor University guard a trip to Hawaii to see her college friends.
"It was such a shock and I was just so grateful and speechless when they told me, it was just unbelievable," Wallace said.

Reply #727782 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

triple double watch - k.griffin 10 4 5 in 10minutes....

Reply #727791 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Why play Nurse for 37 minutes against the worst team with finals coming up?

Reply #727851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aokuso should be in the opals camp too. Great prospect for the future.
Only playing 16 mins a game for avg 10 points, 6 rebounds.

Doing statistically better than

(3 opals squad camp players)
Garbins 10/5 in 23 mins.
Scherfs 9/7 in 21 mins.
Magbegors 8/5 in 16 mins.

Reply #727854 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Garbin's thrid game in a row in double-figures. Too little, too late but at least showing some form. Good win by Townsville

Reply #727865 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Loving Aokuso's continued good form too, making the most of the Suzy void. 15 & 11 today.
That's a good road win.
Rangers flaky as usual. At home, in their only game of the round, and they score 22 in the 2nd half to get overrun.

Reply #727868 | Report this post

Waves2Lynx  
Years ago

Who's ever eligible for ROTY this time round? What are the requirements actually.

Reply #727956 | Report this post

AshT  
Years ago

Tupaea out of action with a knee.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/swoop/sydney-uni-flames-gun-tahlia-tupaea-goes-from-opals-squad-to-injury-list/news-story/c8a9272e741112e3a39ce431e7640346

'Tupaea produced her best game this season before injuring her knee late in the final quarter. Coach Cheryl Chambers said it appears Tupaea has suffered ligament damage to her knee and will be out for the Flames last game of the season against Townsville next week.

"Hopefully it will be just a three or four week injury"'

Reply #728182 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Thanks Ash. Relieved to hear that it's relatively minor (by knee standards).

Reply #728188 | Report this post

James Harvey fan  
Years ago

@Waves

Marena Whittle, Jaz Shelley, Shyla Heal, Alex Delaney? Can't really think of anyone else.

Reply #728202 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

10 times team of the week - k.griffin moves into the second spot ... not sure who holds the record /// jackson , batkovic

Reply #728273 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Tupaea is so injury prone, has been right through her playing career even in juniors, which is a shame, but it never seems to stop her getting selected which is crazy, why do coaches fill squads with players that cannot give 100%

Reply #728450 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:51 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754