UseTaHoop
Years ago

Kings vs Breakers Friday 11 Jan

The NBL app lists this game at an oddly precise time, 7:43 pm precisely. I'll try to follow this innovation with strangely precise predictions, which may suit your predilections.

The Sydney Kings remain at home, taking a quick day trip from their Harbourside domiciles to play at Qudos stadium. After a relaxing rivercat ride up the Parramatta River, Sydney players will be ready to roll at 7:43 AEDT (remember, precision is key here). Or 9:43 in NZ. Kevin Lisch will remain at Mossman Bay, however. Not content with shooting 3s from the carpark, he’ll be bombing them from Sydney Harbour, shooting at a neat 42.85% from past downtown.

The New Zealand Breakers will arrive from a long flight across the ditch, and will be flat after downing too many complimentary L&Ps. The Grown Man will have a field day against the 1.5s of Sydney. Added together they’re still not a legitimate 4.

Bogut will score a quadruple double (points, rebounds, assists and correctly called plays in time outs). Long will try to play the long game at the offensive end, with Bogut sagging off to protect both the rim and his team’s defensive deficiencies in the 4 spot.

Bowen to score 8 points, half from massive dunks on drives, plus an alley oop dunk.

Randle to score between 18 and 21 points in the first 3 quarters, with 9 assists. A higher than usual assist number for a Randle, but remember it’ll be impossible for Lisch to gain assists from another postcode. Lisch can nail stationary targets (the ring) with his laser guided shots, but not moving cutters and leaders. If Randle goes hero ball in the 4th and the rest of the offence stagnates, the Lisch will be able to hit a few assists from back there.

The X factor in this game might just be Adnam. He’s cut his hair this season, and Olympic Park is a long way from the surf. Tonight Adnam goes off and scores between 12 and 20 points.

Sydney by 11. New Zealand to detour via the Gold Coast on the way home to catch up with all their rellies.

Topic #44609 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

This one should come down to Long. Bogut has had his number so far.

Reply #727268 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Go Kings, Go!

Reply #727356 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

BA

Jump on the Other thread started by Jack

Reply #727358 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Ha ha, I only went to the latest thread and didn't look down the list.

I did think the thread responses were surprising few.

Bowen on fire! (Screw the other thread, I'm here now and I'm enjoying the sense of exclusivity).

Reply #727362 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

New name:
Exclusive ads

Reply #727539 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good thread. I like quality over quantity

Reply #727823 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:24 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754