Anonymous
Years ago

NBL Finals dates?

Does anyone know the dates for the start of the NBL finals? I know there's the fiba window after the last regular round but not sure how long after that they’ll start.

Topic #44618 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

You know the old TV show trope where someone gets hit on the head and loses their memory, and the only way to fix it is to hit them on their head again and then suddenly everything is back to normal? Well as Cats fan, that's what I hope happens with this second FIBA window...

Reply #727795 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I'm not sure I would be worrying about Finals dates yet if I were a Perth fan.

The way they're currently playing with no third import seemingly on the horizon too they're in real danger of missing the playoffs this season. It's probably unlikely though. Brisbane the way things are looking will round out the top 3 with Perth & Adelaide fighting it out for the final playoff spot.

Adelaide don't look like they're a serious playoff contender but if they get a wriggle on and win at least two of their last three games against Perth it could be possible.

Don't forget season splits I believe are no longer used to determine final ladder positions either if teams are tied on overall W/L records it then goes to their points differential percentage versus all teams across the season to determine who advances.

Reply #727798 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

1 game behind the top team which is apparently the best team ever assembled!

Reply #727985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry Zodiac, you are wrong.

NBL Rules and Regulations (as at 1 July 2011)
61. NBL Ladder
61.1. Placings on the NBL Ladder during the Season
61.1.1. The positions on the ladder during the regular season shall be determined by the ratio of games won over games played.
61.1.2. Should two or more teams be tied with the same winning percentage during the regular season they shall be ranked by the number produced by dividing total points scored against into total points scored for.

61.2. Final Placings at the End of the Home-and-Away Season
61.2.1. Positions on the ladder will be determined by the ratio of games won over games played.
61.2.2. Should two or more teams be tied on game winning percentage at the conclusion of the home and away fixture, final placings shall be determined by the win/loss ratio in only those games played between the tied teams.
61.2.3. Should there still remain a tie; rankings shall be determined by the difference between the total points scored for and against each team in only those games played between the tied teams.
61.2.4. If teams still remain tied, rankings shall be determined by the points for over the points against percentages for the entire season.

Reply #728065 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Those regulations are from 2011. They were changed before the 2017-18 season re: tied teams on the ladder.

Reply #728097 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:15 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754