AJ
Years ago

Sydney Swans Win the AFL Grand Final

The Sydeny Swans have won the 2005 AFL grand Final by Five points in a low scoring affair. Chris Judd was the Norm Smith medalist.

Topic #4462 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

what a last second mark - what if it was an eagle - goal after siren

well done swans - long time between drinks

Reply #51794 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

thought that maybe jude bolton could of won the norm smith but judd did play a great game

Reply #51797 | Report this post

PUNTER  
Years ago

Sydney defence too strong and hungry for the ball and determined not to let West Coast score. Tadhg Kennelly was my tip for Norm Smith leading from half back

Reply #51801 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Chris Judd becomes just the third player to be named NORM SMITH MEDALLIST from the losing side.

The two previous winners were Gary Ablett when he bagged 9 goals in 1989 and Nathan Buckley in 2002.

Reply #51808 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Correction Matt. He was the 4th. Maurice Rioli won the Norm Smith in a losing side with Richmond in 1982.

Some useless Chris Judd trivia for ya: Chris Judd is also the name of one of Jennifer Lopez's backup dancers, whom she married during 2001-2002!

Reply #51809 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

Moses,

Sorry mate! Yes, you are correct!

Reply #51810 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Sydney probably didnt deserve to win, west coast wasted oportunities, but thats what finals football is about. Sydney did very well to win though when it looked like they were dead. Well done to the swans and their supporters.

Reply #51813 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Sydney played some good footy and played to their strengths - like you said West Coast wasted oppurtunities, but because of this I wouldnt say that Sydney didn't deserve to win - they (Sydney) did just about everything right (the way they do things and have done for the past 6 or 7 weeks).

It was always on the cards that West Coast could out run Sydney, but Sydney controlled the tempo/speed of the game well.

Reply #51814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But just remember in 1982 it wasn't the AFL.

Reply #51815 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

TCP is going to be crushed. Awesome!

Reply #51833 | Report this post

TCP  
Years ago

Don't wanna hear it! Great game of footy. Unfortunate result. Well done to the Swannies for getting the win.

Hopefully my own GF tomorrow doesn't pan out the same way.

Reply #51838 | Report this post

cavalo  
Years ago

Yes the Eagles wasted opportunities, but let's remember how many opportunities the Swannies wasted in front of goal, particularly in the second half of the last quarter. Micky O'Loughlin forgot how to kick a goal! I guess it all evens out and it just seemed that the Swans were hungrier and that 'destiny' was on their side!

Reply #51870 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Sydney absolutely rocked last night. Yesterday I drove the 300km down the Federal and Hume Highway and watched the game at the SGC. Whilst the atmosphere was nothing like a GF, it was pretty intense in the SCG, especially the last quarter (and no I'm not a lame swans supporter!!!). Plus heaps of free grog if you knew the right people.

Also jagged tickets to the Dragons and Tigers NRL(go you Tigers!!) game which was awesome (mind you nothing compared to a full house at an AFL game). After the game headed back to Fox Studio's and sank a large amount of bullies and vodka's and now paying the toll.... It was just crazy, people everywhere, one crazy ar$e dude got locked up after running the Studio's naked with his tackle painted red and white and a Swans scarf wrapped round his head. Mooning my lads in blue didn't do him any favours.... Sydney is definately in party mode....

Reply #51877 | Report this post

reece  
Years ago

Sydney did ndeserve to win. Thet had guts and courage and should be congratulated for that, not told they were were lucky. Remeber winners are grinners

Reply #52122 | Report this post

Katey  
Years ago

Go swannies!!!! Sour grapes Adelaide supporters I think. Sydney deserve their win. No fluke there I think!!!!!

Reply #52123 | Report this post

TR,

Did you back the Tigers? Man, you would have made a killing!

Reply #52124 | Report this post

Amy  
Years ago

Hey im doing an assignemnt for TAFE, about events. i chose the Grand Final and i was just wondering if somone could tell me how mnay people were there to watch in teh crowd? much appreciated thanks guys

Reply #134201 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

90,000?

MCG was doing development for the Commonwealth Games then so i am guessing about that numbger.

Reply #134205 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Check out www.austadiums.com, that should have the figures.

Reply #134224 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:27 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754