Wendy Byrd
Years ago

Does Cairns' crowd need to be more hostile?

Just started watching the Cairns v Melbourne game and was surprised the fans weren't getting into McCarron (booing etc) after he did the dirty on them.

Everyone talks about how tough it is to travel to Cairns to win but that hasn't really been the case in recent times. I would like to see the crowd be more hostile to create a home crowd advantage.

Has anyone who has been to the stadium or Cairns know if that's just how Cairns people are?

Topic #44621 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I nominate this thread for most stupidest post for 2019....

Reply #727887 | Report this post

Wendy Byrd  
Years ago

Just heard today's crowd is 4,300.

Impressive considering their record.

Reply #727903 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

They need to take hostility lessons from the second-largest drug cartel in Mexico, that much is for sure

Reply #727958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any thread with the split personalities of ManuFieldel/Perthworld/WendyByrd is a stupid thread.

Reply #727959 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

No u

Reply #727963 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Come up and watch a game, especially one where people have ample time to get shitfaced beforehand. there are a lot of families and kids in the cheap seats but it can get pretty wild on a Saturday night, especially if you're in the lower tier seats. the bloke in the hawaian shirt behind the opposition bench is gone but there a good number of people who get stuck right into the other team the second the game starts.

Not sure why anyone would boo mccarron though, maybe we prefer to leave that weak shit to the flog army out west, they're still sore after 'their' cadey prater switched clubs.

you really think he 'did the dirty'? it's just a job, I think you might be reading into some of the rumours on this site a bit too much..

Reply #727983 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Flog.

Reply #728006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Huh? When was the last time anyone from Perth mentioned Prather, particularly in a bad light?

Reply #728013 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

the bloke in the hawaian shirt behind the opposition bench is gone

No he's not. He just can't make every game so he gives his tickets to his friends. Last time I noticed he was there, he was in a grey shirt. But just as loud.

Reply #728016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Grey shirts aren't that loud ;-)

Reply #728024 | Report this post

Magnum  
Years ago

"No he's not. He just can't make every game so he gives his tickets to his friends. Last time I noticed he was there, he was in a grey shirt. But just as loud."

I'm not going to repeat in a public forum the story I heard but we both know there's more to this situation than what you've just said.

Reply #728069 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Oh Magnum, Do spill the beans my chocolate coated friend!

Reply #728103 | Report this post

Troppo  
Years ago

I won't go into it on a public forum but me but I am now sitting in the guy with the yellow hawaiin (actually Mambo) shirts seat .
The guy in the Yellow Mambo shirt has attended two games this year for personal reasons we all like him so he can get a seat with us anytime he chooses. We do get stuck into the opposition but keep it cordial
do you really think I let Ware fall over in front of me and kept quiet .

Reply #728129 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Now I'm interested!

Reply #728164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard he can't attend games anymore because his hobby of posting on Hoops under the name "Perthworld" has become a full time gig.

Reply #728167 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:00 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754