Anonymous
Years ago

Last year for Boone and Ware?

Do you give Ware a three year contact like Cotton or let him go?
Josh Boone 35 next year do you keep him and start Pledger or go after a younger big?

Topic #44680 | Report this topic

RealityCheck  
Years ago

For me..sign Ware and let Boone go for a younger import big. Keep Pledger and say good bye to T Smith-Milner and get a young local big. Now the hard part try and find them.

Reply #730393 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Ware is a legit gun. He's a fringe NBA level point guard. Strong defender, has serious range on his jumper, good handles, good passer, history of success with titles in France and Australia.

If he was 3 inches taller he would be in the NBA, without any doubt.

But he's also 29. Offer him a lucrative 2 year deal.

Boone has slowed a little. Still contributing, but he's dropped a few places in the pecking order of NBL 5 men. There are questions over his body, and I'm not sure whether United will offer him another deal.

Reply #730396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't McCarron sign to play point guard after he learned the ropes. Boone and Ware still got lot to offer.

Reply #730399 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

How long do you need to stick around to get naturalised?

Either way, Ware is definitely worth locking in long-term.

Boone would probably depend on two things:
Money, how much he wants, how much they have, whether they can afford anyone better.
And what they do with their forwards. Barlow's not gonna keep going for ever, so they will need to find a starting 4. DO they use up an import slot on that? Do they still need an import 3?

Reply #730400 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Sack Boone & get after long from NZ. He can play!!

Reply #730412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boone is done for sure, Long would be amazing signing to partner with casper

Reply #730413 | Report this post

Flop Warning  
Years ago

Boone wouldn't be the worst re-signing. I can see another year for him (assuming a like for like in the team and having him as a bench option)

Ware for sure... 3 year deal if he will sign

Reply #730439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ware of course. Boone hell no

Reply #730445 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Boone got to get out the club and in the gym! Talk around for while that Melb haven't been happy with his "application" this year!

Reply #730453 | Report this post

BVL  
Years ago

I think Melbounre makes sense for Ware's career. Get naturalized and allow Melbourne to get another import and go on a tear like Perth did a few year back.

Reply #730458 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Lock up Ware for three years. Offer Boone a bit less, maybe with some incentives.

Reply #730462 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Boone won't be with united next year you can take that to the bank!

Reply #730467 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Ware would still like to try and get into the NBA so 3 years might not leave him the flexibility he wants to chase that dream...in reality thou if he got offered more than 2 years he should be signing that asap.

Generally signing imports to deals longer than 2 years has always be fraught with danger so buyer beware.

Reply #730468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not enough Boone love on here, still very good, no Boone no championship last season. NZ will take him and let him play next to Wesley, can't see Long staying in the nbl, Europe more likely.

Reply #730470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boone is bogut's kryptonite. That's what homicide said

Reply #730472 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Boone's coming off 3 double doubles in a row, and goes OK defending Bogut. If he can get his body right and keep producing this form it'll be massive.

Reply #730474 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

"Isaac
A few minutes ago

Lock up Ware for three years. Offer Boone a bit less, maybe with some incentives."

Do NBL contracts have incentives? I know it's a massive thing in US sports, but I thought Australian sports contracts were more geared towards base pay, with extras per game played.

Reply #730477 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

But I agree that he might improve with clear incentives. Although I think his body is starting to let him down a bit. He just can't seem to perform at the same level as his first 2 seasons here.

Reply #730478 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

There's been at least 2 threads here with discussions of fundamental roster/ player use issues (discussing the merits of Goulding to bench role, and keeping aware/ dropping Boone).

Yet a lot of folks rate MU as favourites now.

Interesting dichotomy.

FWIW, I think this means that the competition is still so open even the top team has vulnerabilities, so there’s no way we can predict "who wins it all."

NBL and LK will be very happy with this state of affairs, still plenty of interest as we head to finals.

Reply #730480 | Report this post

Bill Scibilia  
Years ago

Boone has to get off Tinder :)

Reply #730481 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Boone would be fine to stay on now that he has Pledger to take some of the load and rest some nights. After Bogut and Long, Boone is the next best legit centre in the league. He might be asking for too much money though.

Reply #730483 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

With Pledger on deck why spend up on Boone?

The money can be spend else where.

Reply #730490 | Report this post

Food for thought (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Ware should be re-signed. He is one of the best imports in the league. Boone has passed his use by date and is better off moving on. Melbourne should be chasing Shawn Long or failing that, Jock Landale and then spending up on an import spot to pull Casey Prather or something.

Reply #730497 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:41 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754