Isaac
Years ago

Mitch Norton out for the season

Just reported by the league. Unlucky for the new Perth guard.

Topic #44703 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

Out for the regular season, possibly back in the play-offs?

Reply #731243 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Yeah, that is lousy news and the timing is awful but, better than rupturing an Achilles tendon.

He might still be back in time for the finals

Reply #731245 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Bad luck for Norton at least still a chance to come back and not a more serious injury but I felt like punching the screen with how much Lachy Reid was going on about Norton's injury during the game. They shouldn't have absolute homers commentating games he could't even pretend to hide how much he was panicking about it.

Reply #731253 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Yeah lachie reid annoys me bit too! There's too much banter and not enough impartial commentary. I would have preferred him to remain the court side announcer where he really excels. I was hoping fox would lure commetti out of retirement to fill the anchor for at least the wildcats games. He really knows his basketball and imagine how much more professional the telecast would be.

Reply #731261 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I don't mind Lachy at all, but for those who do, Adam Papalia would be an excellent choice IMO.
Would obviously love The Den too but it doesn't seem realistic.

Reply #731265 | Report this post

Sydneyworld  
Years ago

What's wrong with Lachy being "upset" about Norton? Does it really matter? It’s understandable he’d be upset, its not exactly showing a bias.

Reply #731268 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Are you serious? Lachy was beside himself all broadcast constantly going on about whether it might be a calf or an achilles. You can't have that coming from a host commentator who is at least meant to appear impartial.

It absolutely shows bias and strong bias at that because it shows that (as we all know) he's a diehard Wildcats man and he's thinking about the potential playoff & championship ramifications to their team of such an injury.

Reply #731275 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But you're talking about his reaction to a player being injured, not a strong favouritism in his excitement or barracking for a team. It's a pretty weak criticism.

Reply #731279 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

So don't listen to Carfino commentate the Kings (same with Heal), Trigger and Cairns, Casey Frank in NZ. The NBL has biased commentary across the board, its pointless singling out just Lauchi Reid.

Reply #731518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

since when is a serious injury to a key player not a valid talking point for commentators?

Reply #731519 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:56 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754