Anonymous
Years ago

NBL: Who misses the finals?

SYDNEY OR BRISBANE??

DOES THE COACH LOSE HIS JOB FOR MISSING THE FINALS 3 YEARS STRAIGHT

Topic #44706 | Report this topic

Luuuc  
Years ago

I miss the finals. It's been nearly 2 years since I have attended them.

Reply #731266 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Bullets miss out. Kings got the wake up call they needed - again.

Reply #731271 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

What the OP doesn't realise is that SYDNEY and BRISBANE can both make it if ADELAIDE miss out.

Reply #731274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes they both can, but they play each other and don't play Adelaide again.

Sydney have the split with 2 games to go.

It was just a question, don't be a dick

Reply #731278 | Report this post

Flop Warning  
Years ago

What about taipans, Hawks and breakers? They all get a chance to miss finals too.

Too much favouritism in this thread

Reply #731281 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Haha fuck off anon.

Reply #731369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder if Gaze knows? His replacement is not exactly a state secret.

Could he save his job? Deserving or not, you'd think if he could win a championship, tehy'd have a hard time sacking him. But I can't realistically see that happening. Plus I don't think the players like him enough to ply to save his job.

It's always been on the cards that Sydney would make the playoffs, so we have to deduce that was never going to be enough to save his job. I suspect signing Turner may have been the death-knell for him. Clearly there is no interest from management in helping Gaze.

So if he knows his job is gone, how does he play it for the remainder? Does he remain stoic and keep the band playing? Does he throw caution to the wind and try for a series of hail-marys?

Reply #731371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is Gaze's replacement?

Reply #731386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is Gaze replacement? I've heard Bevo but he’s building a team down there so not convinced though good mates with Bogut

Reply #731388 | Report this post

Flop Warning  
Years ago

Joey Wright. King's need more aggression and fight

Reply #731389 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Isaac, any chance of pinning a thread and having all the splits between the top 4 contenders and then updating it after every match?

Reply #731393 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

I think Bevo has too much morale fibre to sell out the Hawkies & take triple his salary at the Kings.

Would like to see Bevo score the Boomers job though...

As far as the final 4 goes, surely it's going to be

UTD
Perth
Sydney
(assuming they KO Brissy twice next round)

Then the mighty Illawarra Hawks 'Bradbury Style' to sneak in to 4th. : )

: )

Reply #731405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's staying interesting at least - I think we can safely lock in Melbourne and Perth.
Much as we might love to see them fail and fail they will Sydney can probably fall into the playoffs just by winning their last game. That 4th position is a crapshoot at this point - but I think Brisbane will have the legs

Reply #731441 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Air Delay, your "too much moral fibre" comment, though correct, is not appropriate, I think.

If he was to take the Sydney, or any other coaching pos, he still has left the ex-club in a better state than when he came (well, it's still in NSW ...). They certainly have a base to build on now, with or without Bevo, in coming seasons. No shame or lack of moral fibre in that, is there?

On the other hand, if he was to take that (or even some of that) with him, then, I would retract the above para. I would expect that he would only leave "good" as his legacy.

PS. Bevo, if you're reading this, and if Andre is not/does not offered/accept a new contract/s, you could always coach Bullets/Boomers as Lemanis currently does.
PPS.(the /'s take some working out, sorry, but they should be right).

Reply #731465 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Lemanis,

Please get Bairstow to lob the ball over Bogut to Hodgson for an Alley oop or just chuck it on the glass and Hodgson/Vukona will get the rebound. Otherwise an on ball screen, as Bogut can not defend the perimeter.

Reply #731486 | Report this post

JVG  
Years ago

"Much as we might love to see them fail and fail they will Sydney can probably fall into the playoffs just by winning their last game."

This pleases me.

Reply #731515 | Report this post

Flop Warning  
Years ago

Pretty certain bevo does read everything posted on here

Reply #731569 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Just remembered yesterday, it's percentage now,not splits

Bris and Ade almost identical

Reply #732404 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:22 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754