M Aylen Fan
Years ago

Should Ken Cole let Joey do his job?

I saw that just before the start of the second half Ken Cole had an extended conversation (well he was doing most of the talking) with coach Wright. Looked to be giving him some on court advice.

My opinion is this isn't really appropriate during a game.

Topic #44707 | Report this topic

Old Mate  
Years ago

That was a REALLY bad look!

Reply #731314 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Seemed to be giving some good tips.
Melb a bit dicey at the stripe so send them to the FT line for some one and ones. Run hard so that the visiting team tires in the 11th and 12th minutes of the remaining quarters.

Reply #731315 | Report this post

M Aylen Fan  
Years ago

"Seemed to be giving some good tips.
Melb a bit dicey at the stripe so send them to the FT line for some one and ones. Run hard so that the visiting team tires in the 11th and 12th minutes of the remaining quarters."

Hehe. I was wondering if the game had passed him by and how valuable guys insights would be.

Reply #731316 | Report this post

Old Mate  
Years ago

Now that's funny Luuuc!

Reply #731317 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

High or cold turkey?

Reply #731320 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

Do KB of Tracy have any input during games? Does Joey ask them & Ken for thoughts?

Reply #731321 | Report this post

M Aylen Fan  
Years ago

But KB and Tracey are on the coaching staff.

Reply #731328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats can bring in an import as an "injury replacement player", but once Norton is ready to return, he can't be re-signed. Similar to the Dunigan situation years ago.

Because it's an injury replacement, there's no qualification period to meet.

Very interesting scenario.

Reply #731340 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think Cole is the problem, its whichever of Joey's multiple personalities keeps taking over at crucial times.

Reply #731352 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Just saw on replay a segment. Joey very clearly not impressed. No place for anybody to be in joeys ear. Suggest signs of disunity. Impact of whatever cole said clearly didn't work.

Reply #731413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ken was stoned as hell and thought he was talking to the ice cream man. Joey was WTF is he talking about asking for a choc top with sprinkles.

Reply #731415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The old fart shouldn't be even involved in the organisation

Reply #731422 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Are the Sixers showing signs of disgruntled. From head down. Think not all is well in Rome.

Reply #731430 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Talking to the ice cream man, lol.

Reply #731431 | Report this post

JR  
Years ago

Looked like Joey wasn't impressed and I don’t blame him. It’s not a presidents job to offer coaching advice at half time. Having said that I like Ken Cole but this is a no no

Reply #731435 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Old Ken just being Ken!

Reply #731450 | Report this post

Pop  
Years ago

I'd suggest someone needs to talk to Joey about defense, if nothing else, though probably not outsiders [even the 'president'] during the game.

Do wonder about those assistants and their roles though, and whether or not they come up with ideas - and questions - when appropriate. There is nothing more dangerous [or stupid] than a leader with only yes-men/women around him [or her].

Reply #731464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why was there a new face there on the bench for the 6ers this week next to Jantke?? You have KB, Tracey as Assistant Coaches. Then Jantke sitting there, and this other bloke? Think he's from the NT from memory. Why the need? Why now? Was just a "sit on my bench and learn" type scenario?

Reply #731481 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If he's giving coaching advice or a pep talk, it's going to do nothing but embarrass Joey doing it in public and probably not have the effect the club is after. If there's an issue, mutually dissolve the contract and move on.

Rough round for Adelaide either way.

Reply #731501 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:59 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754