Jack Toft
Years ago

New Zealand v Melbourne

What an absolute ripper of a round! A few push me/pull you games and it all starts in the Harbour City of New Australia-lind tonight.

Top of the table Melbourne lock horns with a resurgent Breakers. Last time they met in Invercargill the United took home the chocolates, but since then the Long arm of the Breakers has dominated and they are still in the hunt for a finals spot.

Finn Delany has been the X factor and has stepped up when required.

Melbourne with good form too, but I'm thinking the Breakers might have a wee edge at home.

Grab the edge of your seats, while Melbourne may be the bookies favourites, New Zealand don't give up easy and I'm thinking this will go to the wire as New Zealand need this win to survive.

Topic #44724 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

Melbourne by 10.

Reply #731913 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Melbourne by 15

Reply #731922 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

United playing Luke title favorites should win.

Reply #731941 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

* like.

Reply #731947 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

United to put their foot down and finish off NZ season. Breakers are too Jekyll-Hyde.

Reply #731953 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

United are playing for home court advantage every time they step on the floor. New Zealand knows their playoff chances lie somewhere between slim and none, but the door is still ajar enough that they'll fancy themselves to make a run.

United is healthy and found form last round, so I think they'll win- but New Zealand are on their last legs and they'll go down fighting.

United by 7.

Reply #731963 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

If Goulding gets going, Melbourne may be too strong. If we can make it a dogfight we may have a chance. Long, Wesley and Webster/Richard have to come up big. Finn Delaney could be our wildcard.

Reply #731966 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The only dogfight New Zealand win this year is a greyhound race.

Reply #731968 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

I think NZ and Illawarra will be knocked out playoff race this weekend while Adelaide don't have much "fight" left in them.

Reply #731976 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Well this blew out quick

Reply #731997 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Breakers got United just where they want them. Should definitely keep going to the well with the Wesley three in the 2nd half.

Reply #732000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh boy.

Reply #732001 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

So yeah, Melbourne weren't good enough already so thanks NZ for playing CG43 into some form as well

Reply #732002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didnt realise it was already on. Bugger. I was going to bet the Kings @$2.20.

Reply #732004 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Not bad odds, Kings have a better chance of taking this game than NZ do in the 2nd half despite not playing this game.

Reply #732005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big first half from Goulding but contributions from a lot of their players. Melbourne's looking good.

Reply #732006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

These commentators are the most biased commentators going around.

Reply #732010 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Odds of the Breakers trying something different next game, like sitting Ili and Abercrombie? Slightly higher than 0%?

Reply #732012 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Is United in record breaking territory here?

Has any team scored 107 or more three games in a row in the 40 minute era?

One for the old Tigers faithful tonight, of which I am one, with Barlow and Goulding combining for 47 points including 9 threes.

Reply #732013 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Interesting result though. Will NZ show something on Sunday?

Last time in Melbourne they actually beat United, except Kennedy was out.

Reply #732015 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

No problem with the foul count I take it?

Reply #732023 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Didn't watch the game. Can't comment on the reffing.

I did notice though that NZ got called for 15 fouls, and United got called for 18.

Which is a lot more than their opponent got called for when these teams played in Perth this season, with the Cats getting whistled for 7 when Perth played United and 8 when they played NZ.

Reply #732028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No problem with foul count. Refs where just annoying and getting it wrong to often. On both sides

Reply #732047 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:43 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754