Jack Toft
Years ago

Bullets v Kings Feb 1

Bullets had a Barry Crocker of a round last weekend, but so did the Klingons. The big question with this game is who will come back stronger?

Another back to back round with these teams playing again in Sydney in two days time (it's a Sydney home game, so mark that one down as a Brisbane win)

Brisbane in 4th spot need a win to lock it in and Sydney should be aiming to regain top spot, although it's towards the end of the season so the Violet Crumbles will be looking to continue their tradition and grab defeat from the jaws of victory so they miss out on finals once again.

Plenty at stake for both teams, but I'm actually leaning towards Brisbane to fall across the line. Is it possible to hide all the shotguns so Sydney don't shoot themselves in the foot?

Topic #44725 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

Only one thing Lemanis and Bullets need to know: Bogut can't defend the on ball screen.

Reply #731912 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Patterson sat out training yesterday but apparently will play

Reply #731917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bullets to continue the Kings' slide. Lots of rumors going around about unrest in the Sydney camp.

Reply #731926 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What sort of rumours? Who and who with?

Reply #731927 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Tell us the rumours please.

Reply #731929 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Brisbane to win. Sydney are on the decline

Reply #731936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Funny that anon. Syd were last in almost all def categories last season.
Know what they are this season.......?

Defense is the least of their worries.
The way they play offensively changes game to game. Thats whats frustrating as a fan.

Reply #731942 | Report this post

Another Anon  
Years ago

Bullets in a close one. Lemanis to out-coach Gaze(and/or Bogut)

Reply #731950 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Kings will win tonight by 8-12, then get blown out on Sunday at home.

Reply #731957 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Pretty much spot on, AngusH... And I'll take the under on 8k attending the Kings game, possibly the under on 7500 as well... If they can't get over 9k to a game when they're running first, they certainly can't get 8k after consecutive blowouts...

Bullets to continue the Kings' slide. Lots of rumors going around about unrest in the Sydney camp.

Also, the sky is blue and water is wet... This has been obvious for at least the last 6 rounds...

Reply #731986 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Well, I think I'll take Ray Turner over the son of Antonio Davis.

Reply #732026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't take either, Heal must be Turners agent telling us wasn’t a foul.

Reply #732031 | Report this post

Unsportsmanlike  
Years ago

Funny the commentary team was calling Patterson the new Leroy Loggins a couple of weeks ago now the are questioning his ability... From hero to zero depending on the new narrative...

Reply #732037 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

How has gliddon not attempted a shot in a half?

Reply #732040 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Eh, Turner is a budget import but he's put in more effort on the offensive glass than anyone not named Bogut in 2 games than the rest of our bigs combined season-long. That's one of our biggest weaknesses (outside of coaching), and he ticks the box there if no where else.

Reply #732041 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Clearly a backcourt, I'd be pissed if I were Gibbo too, but also a pretty clear offensive foul by him too.

Reply #732043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stats people didn't give the rebound to newley even though he had control, gave it to lisch in the play by play. It would be the first time a player has got an offensive rebound in the backcourt I'd say. Should go down as a team rebound I would think. The question would be if newley through it out of bounds would they count it as a turnover if he didn't have control

Reply #732048 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Turner looks good. Ridiculous non over and back call. Two hands means possession. If you are falling out of bounds that is your bad luck. Patterson, Gliddon can't get in game. Brisbane have lost composure and look panicky.

Reply #732051 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Don't worry Brisbane fans, it's the 3rd Q and we all know what that means - a 4 minute scoring drought from the Kings.

Reply #732053 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Dumb reach from Bogut.

Reply #732055 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Putting in my order for a Turner jersey if he keeps this up.

Reply #732057 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Not sure why Lemanis thinks Davis can guard Randle. Randle just needs to look to his left and Davis jumps.

Reply #732058 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Well we partially weathered the scoring drought. Bad lineup from Gaze to finish the Q with no Randle or Newley though.

Reply #732059 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Thought it was a 2 from Lisch in game speed, but looks like a 3 for me on the replay.

Reply #732060 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Phew. Hell of an effort by Bogut to not pick up his 5th and still challenge shots and board... Turner with a huge 3rd Q too, great to see.

Reply #732061 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Bairstow needed to use the glass automatic. Poor shot. Caught in 2 minds. Great game but one Brisbane had to get.

Reply #732063 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gaze is an absolute sportsman, always gracious to opposition.

Not certain I agree on Turner being any good but every one gets lucky occasionally.

Reply #732064 | Report this post

Greybuoy  
Years ago

Love'm both, but what a discovery,
to find both Mike and Andrew enrolled in the same coaching academy.
Can’t find the all -important link, but I know I’ll be forgiven. Would be a different matter, of course if Kelly had the budget. Yeah!

Reply #732069 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Bullet train lol.

Reply #732070 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Bullet Train will destroy their semi-final opponent

Reply #732091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good odds, happy with the W. Roll on Kings.

Reply #732115 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Didn't watch.

Kings won!
Turner played well!?

I’ll have to watch some highlights.

Reply #732124 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Stats people didn't give the rebound to newley even though he had control, gave it to lisch in the play by play. It would be the first time a player has got an offensive rebound in the backcourt I'd say. Should go down as a team rebound I would think.
Why would a rebound retrieved by a player be counted as a team rebound?

Reply #732126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good game of basketball.

Not so good if you were at the game and had to sit through John Cena's entrance music every quarter. (????)

Brisbane might start to sell out their 3500 seats if they improved their game presentation, everything there is amateur hour.

Reply #732147 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They literally sold every seat in the stadium last night, and that was the loudest the crowd has been in 3 years. Sorry it wasn't your cup of tea but it's certainly moving in the right direction

Reply #732153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing has changed in three years. Apart from a few wins the club has gone backwards if anything.

Will agree it was loud last night, if you're referring to the music drowning out the crowd trying to start chants. The worst thing is the stuff being played isn't even anything the crowd can participate with, bunch of dumb instrumentals and John Cena played on loop lol.

Reply #732156 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:14 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754