Luuuc
Years ago

Australia's first NBA All Star

Congrats to Ben Simmons

Topic #44726 | Report this topic

Dave Q  
Years ago

Oh wow, nice work! The lad is having a pretty good season thus far, hope he and the 76ers go deep into the playoffs this year.

Reply #731918 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Congrats to Simmons.
Just wish they kept it East v West format and not this captain shit.

Reply #731938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kyrie Irving was

Reply #731952 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

^ LOL

Reply #731974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems to have lost his Aussie accent though, Ingles been there longer and still got the twang.

Reply #731980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well he does have an American father who still has his accent. Plus he has lived in the US since his sophomore year of high school

Reply #731989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just shows how poor bogut was as a number 1 pick if simmonds is just into his career and bogut as the top selection could never get a look in to all star weekend

Reply #732017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oi troll Bogut was breaking out before dislocating his elbow which stunted his progress completely. It's remarkable Bogut achieved what he did after suffering through so many injuries

Reply #732025 | Report this post

Hoopie  
Years ago

SMH

Anon 017, did you ever actually see Bogut play in his prime, or have you just recently discovered the game and you don't actually have a clue?

I’m sure there will be some contributors to this forum who can point you at some of his games, if you can be bothered to put some effort into thinking before you start hitting the keyboard without a clue.

Reply #732032 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Anon017

Look up Bogut's career prior to the elbow injury.

One justified criticism of Bogut now is his mid-range shooting. My memory is that he was quite a good shooter for his position and game style pre-injury. The elbow injury cruelled that. He is now shooting more in the NBL than he did in the NBA, as well as playing more minutes. I think you can tell that he still has a good "feel" for the basket, and he hits some pretty good shots from within his restricted range.

Your post smacks of the sort of criticism projected by someone who’s never played the game, but has been an NBA fanboy for a single season and has no appreciation for the history of the sport.

Reply #732123 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

On top of that, even at his best Bogut's style of play wasn't on that got you selected in All Star games, where defensive prowess isn't really required. Ask Rudy Gobert

Reply #732129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut pre injuries was an absolute gun, anyone who says different never saw him play.

Reply #732130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I actually played against bogut when he was playing under 20's for sandringham and am still playing elite level competition now and I have followed the nba for 20 years. Forget the injuries bogut's only chance of being an all star was if he stayed at milwakie where he finally started to put up very good numbers but then left.

Reply #732149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is a difference between putting up good numbers and being all star caliber. Bogut was never anywhere near the super star level

Reply #732150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut was all-nba third team once i believe. Indicates he certainly was right up there.

Reply #732161 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:56 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754