Gazey
Years ago

Will the Kings make the top 2?

Right now, the Kings are sitting just under United and the Wildcats. Will they manage to get home court 'advantage' in the semis?

Topic #44732 | Report this topic

Hogwash  
Years ago

No.

Reply #732139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No

Reply #732141 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

They could with games vs Perth and Melbourne still to come. Wildcats game is the biggest obstacle in Perth, but otherwise it's 3 home games against Melbourne, Cairns, and Brisbane to go. Although Kings are 0-3 against Melbourne they've all been close games. I don't think it's likely, but it's definitely possible. Not sure I want them to finish first though, depending on which team finishes 4th. Brisbane or Perth in that order would be my ideal first round matchups for Sydney, but I don't want any part of Adelaide if they lock in 4th spot.

Reply #732145 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

They have no hope against in Perth because that game is two days after they play Melbourne. Kings will be flat as a tack

Reply #732154 | Report this post

Gazey  
Years ago

"Brisbane or Perth in that order would be my ideal first round matchups for Sydney, but I don't want any part of Adelaide if they lock in 4th spot."

You're quite right there, AngusH.

“They have no hope against in Perth because that game is two days after they play Melbourne. Kings will be flat as a tack”

There’s always hope, Manu!

Reply #732172 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

I hope the Kings make the playoffs. That way they will keep Gaze and JVG as they've hit their 'target'.

Reply #732181 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Ya know, considering they changed the system to be based on percentage, it would be kinda nice if they would actually show the percentage in the ladder. Just saying.

I think the challenge for Sydney is that they lag behind Perth and Melbourne on percentage, so they need to be a game clear.

Whilst the last game between United and Perth could well determine 1 & 2, it won't help Sydney. Perth will still need to win at home against Adelaide, but 2nd place could come down to next weeks game.

To go top two, and possibly even finish 1st, Sydney need to win all their remaining games and finish on 19 wins.

It certainly makes for an interesting final few rounds.

Reply #732185 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

They said at the start of the season that it's championship or bust

Reply #732206 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They said when they took over three seasons ago it's a minimum of finals or they haven’t achieved anything, stopping listening to anything JVG has said after that.

Reply #732209 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

It's mathematically possible, but I don't think mentally possible... The Kings can't maintain how they played against Brisbane for more than a couple of games, especially against smarter coaches... Did Gaze actually DO anything in the game, or did he just manage not to stuff up the subs and he let his veterans go to work? When the going gets tough, both the coaching staff have nothing and the players fall to bits...

Swept in the first round of the playoffs with some tough decisions for management... Can they fire themselves?

Reply #732426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your a tough judge WookieE, Gaze has got all those high profile ego driven athletes on the same page, that on its own is well done. It takes a big man to be able to do this. I have noticed though that Bogut and Luke Kendall seem to have pow wows at all stoppages, not certain what is happening there.
The rumour re management is the JVG is just staying to end his contract at seasons end and that the new owner has already taken over.

Reply #732430 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

"The rumour re management is the JVG is just staying to end his contract at seasons end and that the new owner has already taken over."

You mean Jeff Wrong Again is not staying? That must be the right decision.

Reply #732480 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:08 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754