Anonymous
Years ago

Wiley - what’s the deal?

Just wondering what's going on with Wiley’s minutes each game? Only 15 minutes today and he started on fire. Usually if Joey has an issue with a player he’s quite happy to call them out publicly and challenge them to improve (like Conger recently). He says all good things about Wiley, but this doesn’t match up with his minutes. Pretty costly to have a gun import playing less than half a match. What’s the issue?

Topic #44736 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

All the physical tools but misses plays/rotations I suspect. Costly when the modern game is all about following plays at both ends well. Pointless reprimanding him if it's a fixed limitation maybe? You rip players when they lack effort, which he doesn’t.

Reply #732221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The gun ain't loaded mate.

Reply #732228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yup, another crazy athlete lacking team iq at both ends right now. Is rolling when the running game is in full swing but clearly can struggle in the half court.
Works hard and is intense and they are still great foundations for a baller. Hope he can get better at iq plays though and is definately an excitement machine.

Reply #732229 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

The guy is obviously talented but young and learning.

He is not a gun import yet, but the potential is there when he grows.

Reply #732233 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Usually if Joey has an issue with a player he's quite happy to call them out publicly and challenge them to improve (like Conger recently)

Wiley got chewed out by Joey on the sideline in front of the whole stadium before going into a timeout huddle.

I brought it up in the game thread but it was dead in there. At one point Joey made contact with Wiley's hand to calm him down after processing whatever feedback was given but was rebuffed.

Reply #732249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

someone needs to look into Joey Wrights sports betting accounts. Must be throwin money on Wiley under 15.5 points market and desperately benches him when he's the best player on the court in the first qtr each game

Reply #732277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, nice accusation knobby.

Reply #732279 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

That doesn't make sense as NBL player performance under markets were banned from being offered by bookmakers several seasons ago.

Reply #732301 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

That doesn't make sense as NBL player performance under markets were banned from being offered by bookmakers several seasons ago.

PW.

Open Netscape or whatever browser you are still using and check first.

Reply #732358 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I don't bet on player markets but I thought that's what had happened? Unless it was a BA guideline which doesn't apply anymore since the NBL re-privatised.

Funny, I use Firefox now but back in the day was a devout Netscape user until the (mainstream) end!

Reply #732359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol Perthworld. They've been up all season. Research before you speak

Reply #732365 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

remember Perth is about 10 years behind the rest of the world

Reply #732366 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

It's actually more than ten.

Reply #732378 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:45 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754