Jack Toft
Years ago

Sydney v Brisbane Feb 3

A close game earlier in the round saw Sydney slide into home base for a win. Will they do it again? By now you would think both teams have the scouting right.

This is a classic NSW v Qld contest. Ever since Queensland ceded from NSW they have always loved to beat their big brother, but usually big brothers win.

I'm nervous as a Sixers fan. Brisbane need a win to push us out of the 4 and Sydney need a win to pressure for a top 2 finish. BUT, The Kings are the Collywobblers of the NBL folding at the worst time of the season.

For me, Te Rangi is the X Man. He could be the difference for a Brisbane win. However, there's no shortage of KY in Sydney, so they might just slide into home base again this round.

Sydney by 1

Topic #44739 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Happy to have had a bet on the Bullets @2.35. Bullets by 1.

Reply #732259 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Most of that KY was 'used' up by Sydney when they lost to Perth at home by 20.

Reply #732262 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Hard to be optimistic as a Kings fan for this one. I'm hoping we string together two games in a round for the first time in forever, but more than likely the Bullets finally pick up a W against us and disappoint the home crowd 3 games consecutively.

Reply #732264 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Even the commentators are joking about Sydney's weakness at the 4, naming the 2 players.

Reply #732276 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

That should've been an unsportsmanlike foul by Davis on Adnam

Reply #732280 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

Cadee showing his defensive quality early, if he tries really hard he may get within arms reach of Randle.

Reply #732281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Turner got no idea lol

Reply #732283 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Commentators have also made a massive deal about Bogut and other ex-NBA players playing NBL this season. Usually as in "Bogut played against X in the NBA.” All good, but...

How many times did Bogut ever appear on an NBA court at the same time as Boone, Bairstow etc, let alone in an individual matchup?

Reply #732284 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Ray Turner the real deal?

Reply #732285 | Report this post

Three to make Two  
Years ago

Okay warned by May-berry. For being fouled?

Reply #732286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Davis no idea, some of these imports are crap.

Reply #732287 | Report this post

Three to make Two  
Years ago

*Vukona

Reply #732288 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Does the Bullet Train not operate on Sundays or something?

Reply #732289 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Brisbane have found Sydney too good so far. Only saving grace is that Sydney can't seem to stop Brisbane either.
Got get some stops!

Reply #732291 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Prefer Gibson over Cadee. Point less playing him if he is not shooting and hitting. And probably Kendall ahead of all of them. Because he is looking to create and score. Otherwise all pressure on Lamar Jackson.

Reply #732292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like a very healthy crowd, top tiers open. Considering kings haven't won at home recently the fans are sticking.

Reply #732293 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Lamar Patterson?

Reply #732294 | Report this post

Reeee  
Years ago

Sydney will win mark my words

Reply #732296 | Report this post

Three to make Two  
Years ago

Typical Vain Mawberry:
Hodgson is fouled, kickert makes contact after the whistle, Mawberry talks to Hodgson??

Reply #732297 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hodgson and Cadee season going down the tube, what's going on at Brisbane, they have beaten Melbourne three times.

Reply #732298 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Randall, Lisch have all the answers heading into Q4. Hard to see Brisbane getting back into it. Taken Brisbane's time away on the 3. Rushed and no shoots well if they don't have time.

Reply #732299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

how many Americans do Sydney have???

Reply #732300 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I think Matt Russell has wrongly used the word laconic his entire broadcasting career

Reply #732302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gaze has answered the haters, all the rumours re internal fighting looks like bull shit.

Reply #732304 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Bullet trains here seem to run entirely differently to their Japanese counterparts.

Reply #732305 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Haha, Jesus. Anyone wanna try defend that Te Rangi blocking foul that should've been called unsportsmanlike?

Reply #732306 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Buzzas will be fine

Reply #732307 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

"Manu Fieldel
Today

I think Matt Russell has wrongly used the word laconic his entire broadcasting career"

Russell has a laconic attitude to his job.

Reply #732310 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Well you need to be laconic as a commentator. Laconic but also talkative. However his balance between the two is way off

Reply #732311 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

You mean he's wordy but vacuous?

Reply #732313 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

I thoroughly enjoy seeing the Buzza Train, and in particular it's sole inhabitant, burn.

Reply #732314 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

He's loquacious but also verbose.

Haha, yes indeed I know you do, Lovey. However we Buzzas will have the final chortle

Reply #732315 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Never doubted us for even a second. ;p

Probably the best overall game we've played this season with some great individual performances. Still pissed at Gaze's substitutions, in particular the Adnam-Randle lineup that should never be on the floor, and the fact that he just loves subbing Bowen in at the worst times and sticks with him way too long.

Another real solid Turner performance too.

As for the Bullets, Bairstow, Kendle, and Patterson the only guys who showed up tonight. Patterson tried to do it himself late but if anything he should've started about two quarters sooner. Easily Kendle's best performance since earning a full contract (not that that's saying a whole lot).

Gliddon, Cadee, Te Rangi all MIA. Don't know how much coin Brisbane threw at Gliddon and to a lesser degree Cadee, but I'd imagine there's a fair correlation between Bullets losses and those guys being invisible. Far too inconsistent.

Reply #732330 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jason Cadee. Andrej's love child stinks up the joint yet again. How anyone in their right mind can think for a second that Cadee is a starting level point guard in this league is completely beyond me. He was embarrassing tonight.

Reply #732362 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Cadee gone.

Reply #732388 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Kings made a mistake by winning here. They let Adelaide back into the top 4 - a team they struggle with.

Reply #732389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wont last. Brisbane will still make it.

Reply #732390 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Turner starting to look good, or is it Brisbane's non-existent defence?

Reply #732440 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:36 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754