Jack Toft
Years ago

Melbourne v New Zealand Feb 3

Melbourne have scored over 100 points in their last 3 games and are sitting on top of the table for a reason. I think we can pretty much say that about the only good thing for the New Zealand team today would be the frequent flyer miles racked up on the flight over.

New Zealand are 10 and 13 and, today, the iceman Dean Vickerman will wet his fingers and extinguish the flame on the candle of hope they have for finals.

Melbourne have won their last 3 games by over 20 points each time. I'm thinking it might be 4 in a row after tonight.

Topic #44741 | Report this topic

Tom  
Years ago

All logic suggest you are right. Breakers starters chance only and an outside starters chance at that. Too many jump shooters, not enough attacks at the hoop or penetrate and kick.

Reply #732274 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Unders unders unders. That is all

Reply #732316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's little wonder Melbourne bench never score, other the Goulding and Pledger he doesn’t play them. If I’m a Melbourne bench player I’m getting out.

Reply #732331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it just me or is this Liam commentator really starting to annoy me now. I like him at the beginning of the season but he's just turning in to an annoying voice and a sloppy American type accent

Reply #732337 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Unsportsmanlike foul on Weeks?

Reply #732338 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Season Over- too many Turnovers, poor decisions, illi and webster

Reply #732342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what an absolute flop from NZ in OT, god damn. Anything but clutch

Reply #732343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you said it Liam, horrendous turnover

Reply #732344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That play for Webster should have come 3 minutes ago...

Reply #732345 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Unders unders unders. That is all

Are you going to be covered until Centrelink Thursday?

There's always Nimble finance.

Reply #732347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From a pretty ordinary start, that was a quality game.

Reply #732348 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

You throw enough darts, you'll eventually hit the board

Reply #732349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great game, enjoyed the runs from both sides. Moller wasted playing for Melbourne. McCarron, Kennedy, Boone super for Melbourne.
Long kept nz in it, Delaney and Webster showing a bit, be interesting to see what the owners do by not qualifying.

Reply #732354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great Game? Well I suppose it could have been?

I know that home-cooking should theoretically balance out across teams as they all get 14 home games, but how does it always manage to magically save Melbourne?

Barlow, Boone, and Pledger should all have fouled out. They were fouling Long every time he went to the basket. And Wesley couldn't buy a foul.
Sick of the way some players get mugged by the refs, whilst others get a free pass.
Those three are completely past it when it comes to defence, so they compensate my mugging their opponents, yet hardly get called for it.

When NZ were playing like that earlier in the season, the refs were ripping them a new one, but it seems Melbourne just do what they please.

Yes, yes, O/T was crap, NZ had shot their load, but ref the game fairly and they didn't have to play O/T.

Reply #732397 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Notice how quiet LV is when United get calls?

Reply #732399 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:24 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754