Perth Wildcats make their 33rd straight playoff appearance

Discuss.

Topic #44743 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I think it was about one week between them looking like a rudderless ship sliding out of contention to having one of the better records. And the analysis on NBL.com.au implied Martin taking minutes from Norton was a possible reason. Norton gets injured. Perth recovers. Classic!

For the fourth spot, Adelaide's destiny is in their own hands.

Reply #732317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes it's a tragedy they limped in. Eliminated early would be awesome.

Reply #732321 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

Still made it, 2 imports and went on a horror run + dealt with injuries throughout the season.

Half way there and they look good going into the playoffs and like the other 3 team's will be rested and ready.

Reply #732324 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

For the fourth spot, Adelaide's destiny is in their own hands.

I can't see us winning all of our last three games to keep the Bullets out though.

Reply #732325 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

Congrats to the Cats. Powerhouse franchise. Hate them for all the right reasons.

Reply #732335 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Congrats to mighty Perth let's go for 34 straight next season.

Reply #732336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

carn the catters

Reply #732339 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

Holler at me HATERS. Not bad for a club supposedly in crisis

Reply #732350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #732353 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

C'mon Mock, it seems, like most years, many of your own supporters had given up three weeks ago. It was me along a number of other non-Perth fans saying it was way too early to write them off.

Reply #732355 | Report this post

Gus3232  
Years ago

Went to my first Wildcats game in 1986, the last year they missed the playoffs. I thought they were dead meat a few weeks ago. I should know better, they always find a way. The power of a winning culture can never be underestimated.

Reply #732367 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

I would still like to understand where they went and why.

Simple fact is that Perth really benefit from HCA come playoffs, so if they miss out, they will still regret that rough patch.

Reply #732383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone benefits from HCA in NBL, it is very well known, in fact weren't most championships in recent memory won with HCA??

Reply #732393 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

In playoff series the team with the better regular-season record always has home court, so you'd expect the home team to win more often than not even if there was actually no advantage gained from playing at home.

Reply #732406 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Everyone knows I hate the Cats

But respect where it's due. Damn that's an impressive record

Reply #732409 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I'd go as far as saying it would be a choke if they didn't win the Championship.

2nd on the ladder (With same number of wins as #1).

Virtually unbeatable at home.

Reply #732421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats have that mid season slump every single year and every single year they recover to make the playoffs.

It will happen again next year and everyone will act all surprised again. Stay woke people

Reply #732424 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:38 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754