NBL Best Sixth Man candidates

Field has been listed as:

Froling
Weeks
Jett
Adnam
Norton
Te Rangi

Good field. If the weakest is Adnam, he's still had a decent season. Rest are quality players with strong form at times. Wouldn't want to be betting on this!

Topic #44759 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Te Rangi then daylight

Reply #732598 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Pretty tough field there. Some of those guys would be up for multiple awards too. For me, it gets done to two

1. Te Rangi - Most improved candidate too
2. Froling - Rookie of the year candidate too

Weeks
Jett
Norton
Adnam

All solid, but Rueben Te Rangi has lit up stadiums this season and brought his team back into the game. Harry "The Brick" Froling gets paid as a Rookie, but plays like a veteran. He has put in solid performances too and stood tall against some stiff opposition.

Te Rangi by a very small margin...

Reply #732603 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

TeRangi who will probably get most improved too.

Reply #732608 | Report this post

Senator11  
Years ago

Jett's been massive too since coming off the bench, with Hawks looking like they won't make finals though I would lean towards Te Rangi as well.

Reply #732610 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

Surely Kickert has to be nominated for 6th man of the year? I don't know the numbers but I’d have him ahead of Adnam.

Reply #732620 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Kickert is a surprise omission, especially considering Adnam is on the list. Kickert had a pretty rough patch from basically the FIBA break until recently finding form again, but he's still averaging almost 4 points more than Adnam off the bench. For me it's probably Te Rangi although he's faded a bit of late. Weeks has been really good lately but without looking at the numbers it feels like he only really turned it up late in the season. Jett is probably my pick for runner's up, giving pretty consistent contributions most of the year.

Reply #732628 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

For mine, Mika Vukona is the most influential bench player in the comp. He is +72 on the season and Te Rangi is -72, how Reuben could be nominated ahead of him is a mystery to me.

Reply #732632 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Kicket 4 ppg, 0 rbd, definitely not, considering the standard he was at before coming to the Kings. Adnam yes.

Reply #732646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kickert, ROFL.

Is their an award for softest cock? He and Ogilvy could pinky-wrestle for it.

Reply #732662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Personally, I'd go Weeks

Reply #732710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a utterly fucked up award.
Should be called the "coach is too dumb to start this guy" award.

Is most improved reserved for young guys? Based only o numbers it has to go to Steindl.

Reply #732737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Genius summing up of award. So when you make 1st sub the production falls markedly resulting in the starters having to come back on.
So the game is just about who has the best starting 5. Obviously have never been involved in anything other than low level social.

Reply #732745 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:56 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754