Mirotic to Bucks; Thon Maker to Detroit
James Ennis to 76ers
Markieff Morris to NOP
Barnes to Kings; Justin Jackson and the ghost of Z-Bo to Dallas
Shump to Houston
Jabari Parker, Portis to Wizards; Otto Porter Jr to Chicago
Rodney Hood to Portland
Reggie Bullock to Lakers; Svi to Detroit

Plus of course the big deals of Kristaps to Dallas and Tobi/Bobi to 76ers.

Topic #44778 | Report this topic

Hogwash  
Years ago

Ennis to 76ers.

Reply #733150 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

The East finals is going to be amazing. Celtics, 76ers, Bucks and Toronto. Crazily enough 3 of those teams are from the same division, so their respective records are even more impressive (and the 4th place Atlantic Division team is still abvoe .500 (Nets))

Some really even teams among that 4 and its wide open!

Can't figure out why Lakers offloaded Zubac - really dumb decision. They must not have thought that he was going to re-sign otherwise there was literally no reason for doing that.

Biggest winners at the deadline for me were 76ers. Adding a player like Harris is huge.

Biggest losers at the deadline for me were the Lakers. Other teams made some huge losses on the trade deadline (e.g. Clippers) but at least those teams have a plan to free up cap space. The Lakers are in no mans land (not contenders, 10th in the west and didn't make moves that necessarily helped with cap space). Lakers almost seemed like they made changes just for the hell of it.

Reply #733151 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hogwash - fixed, thanks.

MACDUB - on the Lakers, also notable is that they've basically put 70% of their roster through a significant "you're up for trade" wringer and don't yet have anything to show for it.

Reply #733160 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Don't think Lakers would have paid Zubac in the offseason.

Reply #733161 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

So does this make it much more likely Carmelo will go to Lakers in FA?

Reply #733162 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Hogwash - Lakers didn't make moves to free up cap space? They already have oodles. They already have a max slot free this off-season. Only seven players under contract for next season and four of those earn less than $2 million.

Lakers went crazy hard for Davis. Didn't work, probably creating chemistry issues in the process, but that hardly makes them a big loser. They just made a few small moves to improve their bad shooting.

They're basically still operating on Plan A, the path they were on before Davis demanded a trade 10 days ago. Go into the offseason with a crap ton of cap space to sign a free agent. If can't get one, move the kids to get more ready-now talent around LeBron.

Reply #733163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with Macdub, though I think Mirotic is a massive pickup for the Bucks and their roster still makes more sense top to bottom than Philly's.

The issue for the Lakers IMO is that they aren't guaranteed to get anyone this off-season. Davis is only available via trade, so they're not getting him without giving something up. And none of the other big names are certain to go to LA. The Davis trade attempts probably only further deter really high quality free agents who have been given reason after reason over the course of Lebron's career to wonder why they should play with him. When his teams win he gets the credit and when they lose, others get the blame. Pissing off all their young guys has the potential to create chemistry issues that devalue those assets. I think we're seeing that already, because 12 months ago not many teams would have turned down Ball, Ingram, Kuzma and Hart for a guy who was leaving anyway (the Spurs would have given them Kawhi for that, they wouldn't include Ingram).

Reply #733173 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

The Lakers are not guaranteed to get anyone no, but they are in a good position no matter what because they have a lot of flexibility. And none of that flexibility has been lost because of the Davis saga.

Best case: they sign a star free agent this offseason, they can then keep their young core to play with the two stars or build a Big 3 by trading the core for a third star.

Plan B: no star free agent comes to LA, they have cap space to absorb a star's big salary so they shop the young core (or parts of it) and draft picks around to see what star they can land to pair with LeBron.

No matter what, they are in a good position heading into the offseason. The Davis saga changes none of this, other than making it a difficult situation for the young players, which isn't great.

Reply #733175 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

"MACDUB - on the Lakers, also notable is that they've basically put 70% of their roster through a significant "you're up for trade" wringer and don't yet have anything to show for it."

Showed in that Indiana loss - they got absolutely blown off the Court to a Oladipo-less Pacers team.

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't be surprised if LA didn't land any of the sought after FAs this off-season. There is so many issues there from management to Lebron (and lets be honest, Lebron has never really being able to attract FA's to come play with him, except for maybe Bosh).

NBA Players want to live in LA and I think a lot of them are looking at the Clippers instead of the Lakers.

The Clippers have more cap space than the Lakers (roughly $52m committed next year across 8 signed players already vs Lakers with $66m across 7).

The Clippers have Jerry West and never never underestimate that man. He's an 8 time NBA champion as an executive. Big help in GSW's success pre 2016.

The environment appears a lot healthier and you're not having the same type of pressure as with the Lakers.

Reply #733181 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Jasmine I didn't mention the Lakers only Ennis.
By my count Philly is his fifth NBA team. ( Heat, Pistons,Grizzlies, Rockets).

Reply #733182 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

6th team.

Miami, Memphis, New Orleans, Memphis (again), Detroit, Houston, Philadelphia

Reply #733184 | Report this post

Dr. basketball  
Years ago

One thing is for sure, it was a madcap NBA trade deadline.

Reply #733187 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:34 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754