Jack Toft
Years ago

Illawarra v New Zealand Feb 9

This has the potential to be a dead rubber, but believe it or not Illawarra a still a mathematical chance for 4th. Mathematical. Brisbane and Adelaide would need to have some big losses and Illawarra some big wins, but hey never say never.

New Zealand are definitely out. Adelaide snuffed out their candle earlier in the round like a Mossad assassin taking out a former SS guard. They are along for the ride for the rest of the season and are relegated to the upset makers.

Lots of pride on the line, so this game is hard to chose. I'm thinking Illawarra's last home game might bring out the best in the Steel City, but New Zealand might just be angry enough for a W.

I'm leaning towards those Steel City boys to get one last hurrah

Topic #44789 | Report this topic

Air Delay  
Years ago

I LOVE maths, but I'm more optimistic of next year's maths when we recruit for the rest of our roster for 19/20 . : )

Thinking when the going gets tough tonight, the breakers will fold & this could turn out to be a party in the Gong!

19/20 wise, I think we have-

PG IMPORT / Naar / White
SG Jett* / Glover
SF Blanch / Grida
PF TBC Aussie / Coenraad
C IMPORT / TBC Aussie

* Jett not signed, yet.

Would LOVE those TBC Aussies to be Moller in the 4 & Hodgson in the 5. We need rebounders.

Wouldn't be too unhappy if we resigned AJ or Ando too, they've both been serviceable this season.

But PRIORITY 1 - resign Bevo long term. Hell, give the man a 10 year deal & our Boomers gig & life's a dream! : )

Reply #733339 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Imports playing for their next pay check. Expect this game to get a little serious.

Reply #733341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bevo to team up with Bogut at Sydney next season

Reply #733361 | Report this post

Air Delay  
Years ago

∆ So how strong is that mail? Suuuuuurely he won't break Illawarra's heart for a fat pay rise?! Arthur?

Reply #733362 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

It makes sense since Bevo and Bogut go way back winning world junior gold.

Reply #733374 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:32 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754