Jack Toft
Years ago

Perth v Sydney Feb 10

What a game to end this amazing round!

Top spot is on the line for both teams. A Sydney win would see them go to 18 wins and with a game against Cairns in the final round, end on 19 (well, they are playing in Sydney....) A Perth win sees them go to 17, level with Sydney, but with a much gooderer %, take top spot. Then in R18 they play Adelaide & then @Melbourne.

Massive news this week with Greg Hire calling time and so plenty of emotions at the milk saucer. It won't be his last home game, but Cats fans will no doubt give him a rousing reception when he hits the court. He has had a good, solid career with Cats fans proud of his time.

Sydney want this win and are keener than a Married at first sight contestant looking for attention to secure the win.
Bogut has owned the key all year and Randle will be looking to break the ankles of Cotton with his fancy moves. Lisch knows this court well, very well.

For me, this will be a hard game to pick. I'm leaning towards the Devil Cats to pip the Kings, only because I know all their fans will be gunning for Adelaide to beat Melbourne.

Topic #44793 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

Tired old legs from the Kings don't leave me hopeful they'll pick up the W today.

Reply #733397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Randle v Martin could decide this, yes Sydney will be tired and also time zone will make it harder for the old guys. Perth should win this though Bogut might have a say in it.

Reply #733398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The time zone? Is 5pm too late to play for them?

Reply #733405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The time zone? Is 5pm too late to play for them?"

Idk that Kings roster is pretty old, surely it must be close to their bed time.

Reply #733406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut hasn't been a factor so far this season against Perth.

Reply #733409 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

Can a team play to dictate where they want to finish and play a team they are more comfortable playing? Understand hca and all but sometimes you wonder if they play a game what is suited for them?

Adelaide v Sydney? Adelaide would be favourites? Or United v Adelaide? Perth v who ever really.

Reply #733417 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

Nice write up Jack. Lisch only played 1 season in Perth arena before heading overseas. With the accumulated time away from the NBL Newely probably has more minutes in PA.

Reply #733418 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

"“The time zone? Is 5pm too late to play for them?"

Idk that Kings roster is pretty old, surely it must be close to their bed time."

Elders do sometimes get a bit confused and discombobulated with changes to routine timing. And, they might want dinner at 5pm.

Reply #733438 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I see cotton still has that thumb strapped

Reply #733537 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Kings just can't afford to have Randle sit for more than a few minutes at a time.

Reply #733542 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Both coaches riding starters pretty hard.

Potential weaknesses in finals series.

Reply #733544 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Imagine if Brandt played like this versus any other team. Just seems to bring it for Bogut.

Reply #733546 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

"ADMAN"

Reply #733548 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Gaze just loves this Adnam/Randle backcourt. Kills us on defense.

Reply #733549 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Gaze definitely reverting to the mean tonight. Horrible rotations are what have put the Wildcats in front.

Reply #733551 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Either of lisch or Newley must be on the court just for the D

Reply #733552 | Report this post

Ughh White is such a chucker

You'd think only going with 2 imports you'd want both to be guns

Reply #733553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Home cooking to Cotton

Reply #733554 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Wow seems like only Cotton gets the call when he sticks his leg out on the three. I hate that call but if you set the precedent that has to be a foul and Randle should have been shooting an extra.

Reply #733555 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Feels like I've never seen Martin miss a floater.

Reply #733556 | Report this post

Damos floater is strait fire rite now

Reply #733557 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

or his three ball right about now.

Reply #733558 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Ughh White is such a chucker

You'd think only going with 2 imports you'd want both to be guns

Ownership and even the fans don't seem to mind. Taking it willingly straight down their throats.

Reply #733559 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Love these playoff previews today.

77-77 so it's OT!

Reply #733560 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Sheesh. Really poor by the Kings there. Should've dribbled 4 more seconds off the clock and just did the 1-5 pick that everyone was expecting.

Reply #733561 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

If Sydney can't win in OT, how are they supposed to tackle a 3 game semi final series?

Reply #733562 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Tactical error by the Kings advancing the ball that could have hurt them.

Reply #733563 | Report this post

'Ownership and even the fans don't seem to mind. Taking it willingly straight down their throats.'

Plot twist - I'm actually an ex Perth member

Reply #733564 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Was terrico fouled? He sure asked for it

Reply #733565 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Kickert had a good opportunity for another player impersonation on the Cotton foul there.

Reply #733566 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

UTA at least the Kings have turned up both times at PA. Unlike most teams who come here with limp dicks.

Reply #733567 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Stupid decision to have Adnam out there at all, even with Lisch off.

Reply #733568 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Speaking of limp... awful decision making by Kickert.

Reply #733569 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Haters will say it's because Randle is injured.

But hats off to that little grasshopper from Perth

Reply #733570 | Report this post

This is my house baw

Reply #733571 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Gaze brings Bogut off as well. As great as Cotton has been, Gaze has just sunk the Kings tonight with his piss poor subs.

Reply #733572 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Oh well, entertaining game and the Kings still seem to be trending the right direction.

Hell of a 4th/OT from Cotton too.

Reply #733573 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Two things

1) I've just watched two best games back to back.
2) Perth very hard to beat in Perth.

Reply #733574 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Those fans in Perth have been treated to so many super close games with Sydney and United this season

Those 3 have played each other really closely this season

Reply #733575 | Report this post

Just  
Years ago

Wildcats were 1/19 from 3 at one point, if my memory isn't letting me down? Crazy comeback.

Reply #733576 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

What a fantastic game and so amazing witnessing randle and cotton going at it in last quarter. Sydney just faded late possibly due to backing up after a game and travel. But impressive performance from both teams. Impossible to pick championship favourites

Reply #733577 | Report this post

Cats for life  
Years ago

Yea lv 1 foul in the 4th quarter for the Kings home cooking going 5 star! Don't hear you know.

Reply #733579 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^
English please

Reply #733580 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Great game, agree with poor subs from Gaze but I don't think they lost any fans today, they will be tremendous fun to watch for the rest of the season and good luck to anyone beating them.

Kay had a quieter game so for the Wildcats to still win is great signs.

As great as this game was, I couldn't take my eyes off Homicide and Redhage doing commentary, they were visually bloody funny as Cotton was going off... can't wait to hear the banter on commentary

Reply #733581 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

I love it when cotton gets fired up he usually directs it towards the commentary tea. The lip reading was extra special today

Reply #733582 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

*team

Reply #733583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why does adnam even get on. He'd have the worst plus minus this season out of the whole league surely

Reply #733585 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure Bogut subbed himself out with a minute to go.

Reply #733586 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After Lisch and Randle, Adnam is there next best guard so he has to play as Lisch and Randle can't play forty minutes. No other guard on Sydney team up to it. Maybe Newley could play a bit two with Bowen in the three.

Reply #733587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder if AngusH found Bogut's flop funny today too

Reply #733593 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Kings have no choice but to try Newley at the 2 because Adnam-Randle just doesn't work. There are too many quality 2 guards in this league, and watching Randle or Adnam try to man up on anyone over 6'0 is painful. They both put in effort, but they just don't have the length to challenge shooters and we keep getting burnt off it.

He needs to come up with a rotation that ensures Adnam is only ever on the court with Lisch or Newley, but probably won't make any adjustments.

Reply #733594 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

@ anon; was that the headknock on Brandt? Not sure that was a flop.

Reply #733595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is Gaze allowed on the court to coach and why is he given a warning instead of an immediate tech like Gleeson was given?

Reply #733600 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Gleeson got a warning.

Reply #733601 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I'm pretty sure Bogut subbed himself out with a minute to go.
He had a lengthy argument about it with Gaze after coming off.

Reply #733607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cheers AngusH. Just saw that on the replay.

Reply #733609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes they did argue. Gaze wanted to know why Bogut subbed himself out. He certainly didn't seem annoyed to be dragged.

Reply #733624 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

"Why is Gaze allowed on the court to coach and why is he given a warning instead of an immediate tech like Gleeson was given?"

He's not. He may be on the court but nothing he does resembles coaching

Reply #733642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gleeson is so far on the court at times I thought he was a player, all coaches do it, and Gaze has done very well. Tall poppy syndrome in Australia is live and well.

Reply #733659 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

I was so angry after this game because I put $20k on the Kings

Reply #733668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Gaze has done very well."

At what?

Reply #733671 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Gaze has done really well at deferring to Bogut this year, to be fair.

Reply #733672 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

I was so angry after this game because I put $20k on the Kings

You don't have 20k fly buy points let alone $20k.

Reply #733674 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Unreal humour, lovebroker. Always the same stuff. Haven't worked out whether you're trying to be funny or caustic. It comes across as the latter

Reply #733681 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Can't see it discussed here?
What moron from Sydney made the decision to advance the ball after that last timeout in the 4th?

Made no difference in the end, but if White didn't fold under pressure, they could have snatched the game in regular time.

Reply #733695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did you seriously refer to White's desperation heave as "folding under pressure"?

Reply #733697 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

@ LB; Gaze I'm sure. It wasn't clear on the broadcast that that was what happened, so I was wondering why Randle took that shot with so much time left on the clock.

Reply #733703 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

D2 it was mentioned by Rat10 (https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/44793-perth-v-sydney-feb-10/#p733563) during the game. Shocking move.

Reply #733710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"When everyone is talking about one player, it was easy picking Cotton as this round's Player of the Week." - Boti

Wow!

Reply #733730 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:33 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754