Shayno
Years ago

Victorian elite league

No website
No fixture
No promotion

What a joke.

Looking more like Victorian amateur league.

Meant to start in march.

Think i will see a 36ers championship before this joke of a league gets going

And dont get me started on basketball Australia!

Topic #44821 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks disgruntled Mt Gambier supporter. Your going to be so jealous of this new league.
There is a final fixture, a website once announcement is made and i'll guarantee you one thing, this league will be self promoting.
Everyone involved knows exactly what is going on and timelines. You stay in your lane, we will stay in ours.

Reply #734037 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

C9 coverage once a week apparently.

Reply #734043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://basketballvictoria.com.au/category/elite-league-news/ if you need some news.

Reply #734044 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Big announcement coming

Reply #734045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No basketball in Australia is self promoting

Reply #734061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

9 mins until announcement

Reply #734086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nbl1.com.au

Reply #734090 | Report this post

CR  
Years ago

National ?
Talk about mixed messages ...

Reply #734091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Tipping off on March 29, NBL1 will consist of 18 clubs across Southern Australia and feature both men's and women’s teams. It will be played across 15 rounds and a four week finals series with every NB1 game to be live streamed to bring fans closer to the action."

Across Southern Australia, unless you're in South Australia even if it's just 20km, that's too far.

Reply #734092 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Every game streamed means hoops.com.au won't be dead this off season. Imagine the traffic boost between all NBL1 games being streamed plus Huskies in NZNBL!

Reply #734109 | Report this post

Shayno  
Years ago

1. Been to mt gambier once in my life.

2. Self promoting? So no one outside of the club's will go to the games. Kilsyth vs c.o.e Will be a massive crowd of 80, yeah that's viable.

3. Stay in my lane? Yeah i will thanks and not turn into the stadium to watch these games like everyone else

Reply #734548 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

From what little I have heard so far it sounds like the NBL want to use the Victorian+ model to start a broader, national competition or competitions in each state. Or perhaps the plan is to combine them like say Vic+Tassie to create an NBL1 winter competition and expand their BNL brand name at the same time.

Early days, I know, but if this concept takes hold the NBL1, while not as elite I guess, stands the chance to be bigger than the NBL with vast exposure and many teams. Media could grab onto it and really drive it, but we know the media is already vested into women's football and the AFLX concept, so I wonder how much of the winter main stream media basketball can actually get??

I do like the idea, just waiting for more detail and what commitment the NBL will really give to the state level clubs and association..... Hope this isn't just a grab for cash at the expense of associations, that would be my only concern with the NBL making promises it may not be able to keep, we shall see!

Reply #734732 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

BTW, can someone start an NBL1 thread with a video link and announcement, senior elite league is done I think.....?

Reply #734733 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:41 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754