Jack Toft
Years ago

Sydney v Cairns Feb 16

Loughton's last game, but he is playing like an import looking to lock down a roster spot next season. Let's hope he has a great game today to finish his career.

Cairns surprised everyone the other day against Melbourne. They were like ravenous cane toads devouring everything in sight, but Sydney should be prepared.

Sydney at home this year have not had as good a record as one would expect. This season has had more twists and turns than Married at First Sight.

The importance of this game for Sydney is that a win could see them finish 2nd if Melbourne lose to Perth. They are behind on % by about 2% so would have to have a really big win to lock it in.

Cairns have a new lease on life and I wouldn't want to be playing them today. Having said that, Sydney have more to gain and I think they might just squeeze the toothpaste tube to get the W.

Sydney by not much...

Topic #44825 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

I'm hoping Kings watched the Brisbane and Melbourne games and don't sleep on these guys. Expecting a comfortable win all the same, but who knows this season.

Reply #734363 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

...and Gaze decides to rest Randle. Brilliant. Only positive is that it will stop him from throwing the Randle/Adnam backcourt out there, at least.

Reply #734367 | Report this post

Kings4life  
Years ago

Is Randle injured?

Reply #734377 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

Mate has to retire, so slow, no touch. His size is his only asset but he's to slow to use it.

Reply #734381 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

Nate*

Reply #734382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fair enough to rest Randle if he is a bit beaten up. Melb unlikely to lose to Perth who don't need to win. Kings with bigger fish to fry than this game.

Reply #734383 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

If Kings drop this then tomorrow won't matter- it'll be 1 Perth 2 United 3 Sydney. Unless United win by 32 or 33

Reply #734387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

if Randle leaves Adnam or Wilson good enough to take the starting roll or go with a import

Reply #734388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^
No certainly not Wilson, -5 in three minutes today.

Reply #734392 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Onya Loughz, well played mate

Reply #734394 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah good finish to Loughton's career with those last 2 threes. Happy to get the win too, especially considering it never really felt like the Kings got out of 2nd gear.

Reply #734397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm sorry, but how is one player ever solely responsible for the team’s plus/minus?

Reply #734409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You are right, but coaches love the plus-minus stat.

Reply #734413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^^^
To the person who talked about -5 above : clearly you didn't watch the game. I just watched Wilson's 3:57 on the court and there is no-way he was even partly responsible for the -5 when he was on the court. In fact, take his 5 pts off & the Kings may well have been -10 for the same period. Additionally 2 of those pts came from free throws taken after he was subbed in.

I suggest you watch the game before commenting, stats don't always indicate how a team or player has played.

Reply #734428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

+/- must be the most abused and least understood stat in basketball I reckon

Reply #734429 | Report this post

GordonG  
Years ago

I asked a stats guy once how +/- was calculated: "All the good things you do minus all the bad things you do, divided by a number that's so obscure no-one understands it."

Reply #734431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How it is calculated is extremely simple. Drawing conclusions from it about an individual player is the impossible part.

Reply #734433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh my god!

EFF is the sum of all the good things minus the bad things. That is different to+-.

+- is your team's score minus your oppositions score whilst you are on the court.

So if you play a full 40 minutes and your team wins by 10 pts, then your +- is +10.

However, if you were to lose by 8 pts your +- is -8.

Reply #734446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

+ /- is usually heavily flawed with liimited mins. Both positively and negatively.

Reply #734447 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:26 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754