Jack Toft
Years ago

Brisbane v New Zealand

What a rip snorter of a game this should be. Brisbane in 5th could swap places with Adelaide with a win and New Zealand demolished Illawarra earlier in the round scoring 130 points and breaking several records.

Adelaide had a chance to lock in 4th spot last night and things were looking good until the 4th quarter when Perth Cottoned on to the plan. Now every Adelaide fan is a Kiwi for the day. We'll be wearing all black and swapping our thongs for jandals. It is going to be choice!

Brisbane need this win to prove they are the real thing and not just hanging around making up numbers. Lemanis too will be the one under pressure to deliver more than a couple of wooden spoons. Patterson is playing his roll with a Trumpesque wall in defence and creating plenty of scoring opportunities in offence, but needs some help.

130 points was pretty impressive and the Breakers won't score that today, but I think they might just break the century. Unfortunately I think Brisbane might just score 1 point more.

Brisbane by 1

Topic #44826 | Report this topic

AngusH  
Years ago

It's hard to see Brisbane win this with how utterly toothless they've looked the past couple of rounds. Long should have his way inside against them, and Gliddon and Cadee have done very little to convince me that they're ready to step up and seize the moment at the most critical point of their season. NZ by double digits.

Reply #734368 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

bullet train with plenty to play for because they would have no fear of the cats in a semi final series

Reply #734369 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Both teams at their best arw tough. But both are equally capable of playing undisciplined.

Reply #734371 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

This could be decided behind the 3pt line. Webster went of for 5 in 15mins the other day, gliddon and cadee can be deadly from range. However they all have a tendency to go mia, who shows up?

Reply #734390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With Cam Gliddon out things will be tough for Brisbane but fingers crossed they can get a win. I predict an all out brawl late in the 4th qtr if Adelaide are losing.

Reply #734398 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Adelaide?

Reply #734401 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Tougher than a 5 dollar steal... Lol... His best yet.

Reply #734434 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Steak*

Reply #734435 | Report this post

Timberball  
Years ago

NZ not working for Adelaide at the moment

Reply #734438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

By the look so far with light calls on NZ and no calls for them on the offensive end it's pretty clear the Breakers will not win no matter what. Vikings is laughing at it all. That’s how the season has gone in this national entertainment league. No transparency, first ever clothing, marketing coach wright as their villain and more all adds up to what we expected. Pfftt to NBL and don’t get me started on the National coach issue.

Reply #734440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tissue chump ^

Reply #734442 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Hodgson to the bench with 4 fouls early in the third quarter.

Kerle righfully questioning why he was on the court in the first place.

Reply #734445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

gotta wonder if it was the Bullets who weren't paying their players' super. crowds have been shithouse for most of the season.

Reply #734448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"No transparency, first ever clothing, marketing coach wright as their villain"

Of all the things to criticise the league for, these are the weakest.

Reply #734449 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Remember when CJ Bruton described AJ Davis as a "special player"

Reply #734450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what else is wrong with the league ?

Reply #734452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Royal blue vs sky blue

Reply #734453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And that just confirmed it, no foul on the shot and an over the back call from mayberry and Hodgson flattens Abercrombie and nothing.

Reply #734454 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Adelaide is getting mentioned more tonight than last night.

Reply #734455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And a block called tend.

Reply #734456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Going to OT

Reply #734457 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Tight.

Reply #734458 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

Cadee....

Reply #734459 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

I hate being a Sixers supporter.

Fucking hate it.

Reply #734460 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTSJcpB9B0Y

Reply #734461 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Wildcats get an easier SF opponent now barring fading losing by 31+ tomorrow.

Reply #734462 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Pete what a cocktease for you.

Reply #734463 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

I'm out.

26 year season ticket handed back.

Fuck this shit. Year after year - just pathetic.

Reply #734464 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

Go get 'em Perth.

Reply #734465 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I knew I didn't like Cadee for a reason. Great for the bottom team last two years to make the playoffs though. As a Sixers supporter I’m glad my fingernails can grow back and my heart can get a break now.

Reply #734466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Enjoyable game, love this league.

Reply #734467 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

If you can't close out a game you don't deserve to be there. We had so many chances and thing go our way and we just could not put it to rest.

Reply #734468 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

thousands of 36ers fans are right now hurriedly cancelling the annual leave applications they made last week before they get approved on Monday morning

Reply #734469 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Imagine how Illawarra, Cairns and Sydney fans must feel Pete.

Reply #734470 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Adelaide barely deserved a post-season putting their destiny in the hands of another team like this. They're lucky that the Breakers at least had a crack at it for them.

Reply #734471 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

We're coming for you, Perthworld. Oh boy. Oh. BOY.

Reply #734473 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Paige Cooper has improved leaps and bounds over the course of the season

Reply #734474 | Report this post

Adelaideworld  
Years ago

This team has no heart and our fans are too happy to roll over and accept it

Reply #734475 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

it's pretty clear the Breakers will not win no matter what
I liked how LK scripted that unlikely gamebreaking three from Patterson. /sarcasm

Reply #734476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Such a corrupt league.

Funny how LK owns the league, Melbourne United AND Brisbane Bullets.
Obvious Refs were instructed to help the Bullets if it came close.

- goaltend called on Shaun Long wrong
- ball was clearly out off Vukona at the end
- that 2 was a 3 from NZ. They even reviewed it and you could see he was behind the line but called it a 2 anyway
- Hodgson smashed Abercrombie in the last minute right in front of the ref

NBL = Muppets

Reply #734477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watch out Adelaide, a team of flexing tough guys will be at a drinking hole near you!!

Reply #734478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#477 is the muppet. Get a different grip chump

Reply #734479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done to the Bullets on making the finals now onto the real question which team will this board first claim lost a final due to the umpiring?

Reply #734480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some interesting calls all going the bullets way by Vaughan Mayberry down the stretch. I wonder if tai Wesley regrets calling him a cheat in game 1. Par for the course all year.

Richard counts as a two when it appeared to be a 3.
Long with a goal tend, when it wasn't
Out if bounds off ili when it appeared to be vukona.

Reply #734481 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Wildcats have been handed a GF appearance as facing these Bullets in a semi is like having a bye round.

Reply #734482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Calling it as I see it #479 and many others see it that way

Chump? What are you? Billy Hoyle

Reply #734483 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Shots fired.

Reply #734484 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

If ranking was determined by head-to-head series as in previous seasons, then Melbourne is down 2-1 but +7. So a United win tomorrow means top spot. Rule change making the ultimate difference in its very first season

Reply #734485 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Thanks LK!

Reply #734486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be a three way tie so you have to factor Sydney as well.

Reply #734487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wesley got reported for abusing Aylen not Mayberry. Any other facts you actually want to post as correct. Richard started behind the line, toe rolled onto line, easy 2. You have to watch all the vision not just the part that suits your point of view.

Reply #734488 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I noticed the games today were on Fox Sports More 507. If Fox add another channel in future we'll be on The Ocho.

Reply #734489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didn't say who weskey was reported on.

Looked like a 3 to me. Commentators seemed to think it was a 3.

Reply #734491 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Good point anon. So it'd be 1Melbourne 2Perth 3Sydney.

Can LK spring a surprise backflip? I'd approve

Reply #734492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well Wesley got reported for calling Aylen a cheat in Perth not Mayberry so you shouldn't conveniently reinvent the incident. The commentators are clueless on most things especially rules and replays. Hardly a great character reference for you!

Reply #734494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Choo choo!!!

Reply #734496 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Video Vaughan Mayberry still finding ways to screw the Sixers even when he's not refereeing their game! That three they called a two initially was clearly a three on the replay. How you could decide otherwise is beyond me.

The goal tend was harder to call on the spot - always tough to call them in real time without the benefit of slow motion replays etc.

Reply #734497 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Winners are grinners and losers can please themselves, the LK conspiracy theories are like wait for pixies at end garden.

Should be a great final series to match rest of season.

Reply #734498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wait, so the conspiracy theorists are not only saying LK wanted Brisbane in, he also wanted to screw Adelaide over as well?

Reply #734499 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Not saying there's any conspiracy just found it amusing that Mayberry (who has history with the Sixers, exhibit A being his ejection of Sobey in the pivotal game 3 of the finals) making clearly the wrong decision on replay which disadvantaged Adelaide.

Reply #734501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Wait, so the conspiracy theorists are not only saying LK wanted Brisbane in, he also wanted to screw Adelaide over as well?"
Perfect. Mayberry was always a dud in his formative years and now longevity gives him cred, He's still a dud BTW.
Pretty sure he's a QLD boy and all the time I have seen him ref I don't think he would be that biased against Adel.
He really should be however. They suck.

Reply #734502 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Richard's feet were set behind the line, but as he went onto his toes to jump his feet rolled forward onto the line. I thought it was a two right from the first replay.

Reply #734511 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Let's not forget Mayberry is the ref who way back in the day screwed Cairns in Cairns while Smyth and his merry men ran off the court with a questionable win. What a debacle that was yet now purely on tenure is a senior ref.

Reply #734515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know if he screwed the 36ers or the breakers or both.

But 4 calls in the last 2 minutes went the bullets way. Each of them were tough judgement calls, but I thought were breakers calls

That's the season with Mayberry and this lot.

Anyway.

Poor man to man defence by Shaun long on the Patterson 3 pointer. Vukona with an amazing screen. Again the story of our season. We missed vukona in the trenches. And as great as long is, his man to man defence was woeful

Reply #734525 | Report this post

White wash coming up with Cats n Bullets.
The margins will be glaring.

However bright side is, the same year the 36ers tried to screw me over for an extra $100, the same year they missed out even though NS said its the best team ever assembled.

Reply #734831 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:00 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754