Anonymous
Years ago

Finn Delany to Serbia

Finn Delany has agreed to terms with FMP Belgrade

http://www.nbl.com.au/news/article/finn-delany-heading-to-serbia

Topic #44860 | Report this topic

MACDUB  
Years ago

Breakers have to sign this guy up long term.

Should have been getting a lot more minutes than Abercrombie during the season; was more efficient and performed better than Abercrombie despite more than 10 minutes less per game. Shot fantastic %'s from the field and from 3.

Reply #735171 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Got some serious upside this kid!!

Reply #735173 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

Whaat about the hops on this kid?? He looks like he is wearing a jetpack!

Reply #735187 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Agree with MACDUB - the time to play this guy 20 mins+ a game was 2017-18 already.

Reply #735224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Braswell recruited terribly

Breakers use only one agent and this year, long excluded, we got duds. There were several nznbl imports which were better.

Not only were they duds, they logjamed the 2/3 position and everyone suffered.

Ngatai didn't get on the court.
Webster suffered confidence as he was benched when he should have played thru.

Delany didn't play enough, as others pointed out

We would have won more games if we didn't have Moore and Richards.

Reply #735227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hold on, so you're suggesting that all 12 rostered players are with one agent?
Do your homework before speaking. Surely. You sound silly.

6 different agents involved in that team, so be careful with you comments.

Reply #735253 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

I read it as all three imports from the one agent.

Reply #735264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's even worse, each of the imports has a different agent! Wow, people really have no idea and really try to spread lies.

Reply #735272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let me clarify

Breakers have used one scout for years, for their imports. All imports come thru him.

My point was Richard and Moore we're not as good as many nznbl imports.

A part from the fact we didn't need players in their positions, they were poor.

Next year only majok and wesley are off contract (locals) I understand. They will want Wesley back.

That leaves sorting out majok replacement and the imports as the only levers they can pull. Unless they eat some contracts.

Jack salt is rumoured as the majok replacement. That isn't going to win the nbl. So they better do better with the imports. Which thankfully shouldn't be hard

Reply #735308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

re: Agent question - Jonathan Givony's given the Breakers more studs than duds over the years, I don't think he's the issue here. Seems like some odd ownership transition stuff going on.

We need Wesley back, moreso for his veteran moxie and leadership than anything else. Needs to captain the team in a Vukona-like fashion. But then we need to give Delany minutes as the stretch 3-4, and if you play both Wesley/Delany together to spread the floor, then we're short against the current NBL front courts (heck, Vukona/Boucher and their elite defence wouldn't have their effectiveness in the modern NBL).

The lack of a gun import PG cost the Breakers, who've been built around a star distributor who can moderate the Webster iso's and Abercrombie double-screen offence. Perhaps it was the lack of sets? Neither could get going with Shea looking more like how Henare played for the Breakers (which I'm very curious about, given they did for Henare coaching them at the TBs). But you can't have Ili and Weeks on the bench together either.

Maybe a coaching change to Aaron Fearne (with Ross McMains assistant) might be the best move?

Reply #735816 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:26 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754