KET
Years ago

36ers consider games at Entertainment Centre

Someone suggested this as a very real possibility.

There's an article just released which pretty much has Adelaide doing "we are just considering our options like we always do" type reply.

The Adelaide 36ers are plotting a move into the city and could play their home games at the Entertainment Centre as early as next season.

The club still has two years left to run on a contract with its current venue at Titanium Security Arena in Findon but has been investigating "numerous venues" for over 12 months.

The Advertiser understands the club does not plan to walk away from the venue altogether with no plans to move its training or administration headquarters from the Crittenden Rd stadium.

https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/adelaide-36ers-considering-playing-home-games-at-the-entertainment-centre-from-next-season/news-story/6970711a38b62cd1228ce16d74ed9963

Perhaps they'll play a few major games there next year?

Topic #44924 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does this stadium have more seats?

Reply #736758 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Yes

Reply #736762 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Does it have EFTPOS?

Reply #736779 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Yes, but no dome rats

Reply #736784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It would be nice if the Club provided members with information on this and sought feedback. I would expect this to be resolved prior to them sending out renewal info - I won't be renewing if games are at the Ent Centre.

Reply #736875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't look like we'd be at the Entertainment Centre for long, if we do move. The Entertainment Centre operators are looking at building a stadium across the road from the Convention Centre and I think Adelaide Oval want to get it built next door on the next gen site.
http://indai.ly/285075

Reply #736969 | Report this post

RT  
Years ago

I agree with anonymous 875 I also will not be renewing my 2 memberships if we move to the entertainment centre. It's too hard to get parking and we can’t walk too far. Public transport would be awkward from where we live.

Reply #737007 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the Lightning that they (the Sixers managed) and failed to manage has been saved and the 6'ers might upgrade their facility? Have I missed something?
How wrong is that.?

Reply #737013 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:07 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754