Anonymous
Years ago

Premier League Hang Time- 'journalistic' vandalism

I do not know what to say about this complete drivel...

Topic #44934 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree...poor form!

Reply #737030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone with the slightest insight into teams knows that the inaccuracy is appalling. If any of the journos' had bothered to ask- email, convo, text whatever any of the playing or coaching staff of teams they would realise how far off they are with A LOT of their 'facts'.

Reply #737031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Examples?

Reply #737032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Joke- do these guys get paid to write this stuff????

Reply #737033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they paid attention to see who is/isn't playing ie imports/significant player - if they play the next week - maybe this should take that into consideration. They don't even look past imports/36ers players and give no acknowledgement to other players on the team that may not be "big names" or top scorer(s) but play good defense/assists, etc. All aspects of the game should be looked at. It's not like they are limited to the amount of characters they can use for each review.

It's just like the commentating during the live games which was absolutely horrendous.

Just bad journalism. Maybe some 5th graders could give them some input.

Reply #737059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To be fair, the imports are the best players in the league.

Reply #737064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes they are hence why they are recruited and some paid, but it's not all about them. If we don't recognise our local players then what's the point. We might as well just play a 2 on 2 then and then get the pathetic write ups on them.

Reply #737068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't it a bit unrealistic to want them to write about every player?

Reply #737069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone feel like putting up a few shots later today in Hillcrest :) I'm 62 but I can still "hang" with them best of em ;) anyway I'll be there at 4:45 dunk you later

- Damien Oliver

Reply #737071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure these journos don't get paid - likely work experience as part of their uni degree.

Either way, if you can do better then put your hand up.

Reply #737088 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If this is work experience for them - they aren't passing Uni LOL

Reply #737101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Feel like you need to have a crack chief. All talk no walk.

Reply #737118 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:49 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754