Anonymous
Years ago

Premier League Round 2

Four games tonight, will be interesting to see how crowds are on the Friday night games. Looks like strong attendances last weekend.

Forestville vs Woodville
The Eagles rolled all over Eastern last week and appear to be legitimate championship contenders. Woodville would be disappointed dropping one at home to Centrals. I expect Majok to have a field day and Forestvilles guards to overpower Woodvilles. The Warriors will be looking for an improved performance out of import Perry.

Forestville by 22 after a tight first half.

West vs Southern
Game of the round at the new look Port Adelaide. First look at both sides for the season however all reports I've heard are that Wests big import combo are legit. This could be trouble for a Tigers front court which appears less intimidating than previous years. Johns and Thomas are two of the most reliable locals in the comp and these teams always seem to have close battles.

West by 4 to open the court the right way.

Sturt vs North
The Rockets sent a message to the league last week by disposing for SEABL powerhouse Mt Gambier at the launch pad. Dowdell and Starling together looked frightening and will be a near impossible matchup for any team this year. Sturt had a tough weekend facing two elite sides but it won't get any easier this week. Home court advantage won't save them.

North by 27 after cruising in the second half.

Eastern Vs Norwood
Similar to the above, Norwood handled business last week albeit against weak opposition. However new recruits Brine and Legan appeared to fit right in with their system and they look to be a dangerous outfit. Eastern struggled to contain Forestville and while Norwood may not quite have the same firepower I expect they'll have an easy win up the freeway. Of interest will be how the Mavs imports play after having a week to settle in.

Norwood by 19 with Legan shooting 7/12 3s.

There's been some chatter about the girls in the other thread and I would love to hear peoples thoughts on how those games will play out, I just don't really follow the league myself so can't offer any insight into the games.

Topic #44936 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where you think should be high scoring game of the day?
I think Forestville vs Woodville should have pretty much fun game, with 180+ points.

Reply #737066 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood eastern highest scoring game of the round.

Reply #737070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mays in for Forestville.

Reply #737110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville now heavy title favourites.

Reply #737116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well that was a good game from Sturt with all the chatter about them they went down by 15 at the end of the 4th but kept within reach until the end of the 3rd. With pretty much a youth league team and a couple of seniors and budget import that's a good result. Any other suprises ? Are Sturt’s so called woes they are not concerned about nothing compared to others.

Reply #737172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dunk of the year by Starling!

Reply #737258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dunk of the year by Starling!

Reply #737259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt with culture issues, stemming from the appointment of an immature captain. Won't be making finals anytime soon.

Agree Mays makes F'ville heavy favourites. Thats a very scary starting 5 with a few very good roles players coming off the bench.

Eastern somehow kept it close with Norwood? What happened over there? Norwood look to have no depth outside of Matty Long off the bench. Might struggle vs the teams with big frontlines (North F'ville Gambier?)

Reply #737260 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both bearcat imports look the goods. Once their less experienced key players (ciggas, rennie, johnson) get into groove and used to playing 20+ minutes of physical basketball they will be contenders

Reply #737262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kyle De Wit had 16 assists! Anyone remember anyone else doing as well?

Reply #737263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt played really well against North but when the Rockets got out of second gear they had no answers. The Sabres live and die from the 3.

Reply #737268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sabres are short so the 3 game is a good option if they are having a good night. They know they are undermanned and inexperienced. It is mostly made up of youth league and players who are relatively new to this level. No comparison to North obviously with their talent and maturity and North would understand that. They too have been in the same situation as Sturt. Stop making this a thing with Sturt and getting excited at perceived fall of a club that is just not true. It's ridiculous and there is more to be concerned about at other clubs.

Reply #737273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go to North's Facebook page and look at Starlings dunk. His head is almost rim high!!

Reply #737351 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, that was crazy. Most probably the dunk of the year.

Reply #737375 | Report this post

Fastbreak  
Years ago

Calling dunk of the year in the second round!!! You obviously haven't seen kentrell Barkley from the mount play yet!

Reply #737380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have seen him.

What does the round have to do with Starling's dunk being ridiculously entertaining? I hope Barkley shows us something better, but that's just 'potential' at this stage.

Reply #737381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes I have and yes athletic but would have to be great

Reply #737393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's a couple of guys with 'potential' to produce some fantastic dunks this season! Going to be exciting!

Reply #737404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mays always a chance to do something spectacular.

Reply #737408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andy will do anything to win title, DJ debacle last year was a disgrace but signing Mays just shows what he values. Mays doing something spectacular not limited to on court stuff, there's a reason why 5 clubs refused to sign him because of his off court antics despite his talent.

Reply #737445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wah

Reply #737446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you suggesting ASADA might be interested

Reply #737448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones..

Reply #737451 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deano's clearly mad his team is crashing and burning without much talent there

Reply #737452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So are you saying it's true anon?

Reply #737460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lot of talking about Mays so called "issues" but not much describing of what it actually is . Guess there's a fair few from down South Jealous the eagles are 2-0 #undefeated

Reply #737466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe some people should be looking harder at the players within their own club and what they're doing instead of concerning themselves with others. Maybe if they did that their team would be doing better. I'm not a fan of Forestville but it seems like some clubs can't take a little competition.

Reply #737467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not from Southern talking about Mays, but ask around why North screwed up his contract and the rest wouldn't go near him. Strange that a 6 9 athletic beast wouldn't be signed except by the most unscrupulous guy in the business. Not a case of regret or sour grapes, the guy has some serious problems that can't be discussed on this forum. But will be interested to hear what the fine upstanding folks at Wayville have to say, not just a matter of bending the rules for Johnson, if anything happens be it all on Andy's head!

Reply #737484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But the bs that North might have to say definitely would be coming from the fine folks down South. Ah well good luck to Forestville, they've made their choices and hopefully things go well for them and Mays doesn't have as many "issues" as people are saying and if he did have problems i hope he's sorted them out. He looked the goods in his first game back judging by the highlights. I guess we'll all see as the season goes on.

Back to round 2 results though... thoughts??

Reply #737498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville, how much denial are you in???? Anything to win title hey.

Reply #737588 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What BS is North saying??

All I am reading is that they had his signature but for some reason screwed up the contract. No one does with a player the calibre of Mays unless they had concerns.

Anyway the way Dowdell has started they must be pleased with the outcome

Reply #737590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why is someone's personal life that much of an interest to you? You sound like a bunch of gossipy old women. Would rather be discussing the quality of the basketball getting played than the quality of the person playing it. But that's just me i guess. Typical Adelaide shit, nothing better to talk about.

Yeah Dowdell has worked out well for North. He's a good fit with Starling. Not sure about Rios back at Forestville though. Barely notice he's there. No impact whatsoever.

Reply #737592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anything to win a totle hey???

What are we all here for again?

Reply #737594 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rios had 15 off the bench. That's an impact player.

Reply #737595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shit. Fair call. Harris had a game for sure.

Reply #737596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Starling and Dowdell do fit, even though it was mentioned they were too similar to work.
McVeigh still finding his place in that front court but once he does it is a very exciting front court.
Mays and Deng are formiddable but Deng seems allergic to the keyway most of the time.

Reply #737598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone see Wests new imports? Any good?

Reply #737599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Purely talking about Starlings dunk, I think only Mays can get higher!!!

Reply #737614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mays can definitely get higher. I've seen both him and Brine get higher last year at southern

Reply #737643 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harris had game of the round

Reply #737671 | Report this post

Annonn  
Years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ft5JueX7IBo

Highlights from the west/southern game.
Both west imports did well in first game out

Reply #737705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any players that haven't played so far that you’d expected to play??

Reply #737710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brian Moultrie

Reply #737718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harris POTR - Really...There were players out there that made double doubles. He also had 2 TO's which is nearly as many "assists" he had. I think we can all ready through this.

Reply #737767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many of those double doubles included 40 points?

2 turnovers in 35 minutes does not help your case...

Reply #737770 | Report this post

Annonn  
Years ago

Score the most points and you win best player, seems to be how it works???

Reply #737771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe scoring a lot of points and arguably playing better than everyone else earns you best player.

I know, it's a flawed system. We really need to reward the mediocre.

Reply #737787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But other people had double doubles!!!!!!

Reply #737790 | Report this post

Annonz  
Years ago

Wow. The blue and gold hate is hilarious. Can't even accept that a 19 year old kid who drops 40 at about 60% including 7 3's at 50% could possibly be POTW. What is wrong with these people. Its not like he gets a grand or goes into the running to take home a car at season end. He gets a BSA facebook post and then hate. Get a grip people, he has talent and when on is great to watch. That should be enough, shouldnt it?

Reply #737792 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:46 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754