Anonymous
Years ago

Goorj no to Sydney

I just watched Brad Rosen' on Bill and Bos and he said that Brian Goorjian will not be returning to the Kings and staying in China

Topic #44948 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow. Probably Bevo Now???

Reply #737620 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

What no way? lol

Reply #737621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it was never not bevo, ffs. Goorjian gets brought up every off-season, let him go people

Reply #737622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not Bevo, it never was Bevo

Reply #737624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I said it ages ago.

Reply #737632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It'll have to be someone that gets on with Bogut, perhaps Luke Kendall.

Reply #737633 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I wish Kings fans could just move on from Goorj already. Feels a bit desperate hoping he returns every single time the Kings are looking for a coach.

I've been concerned Kendall might get the gig to be honest, based on just watching the way the coaches and players interact on the sideline for a few months. Nothing to do with Kendall as a coach prospect (I have zero idea how good he is/would be), but I'm concerned the Kings will make another risky unproven pick which seems like a bad move given the money being invested in the roster. The semi-final crowd showed if nothing else that there is a significant fan base in Sydney up for grabs if the team can string together the right players and coaching staff. Every season there has been at least two significant issues - one at coach, and one (or more) positional issues with the roster. Can't make mistakes like that in a league this competitive.

Reply #737635 | Report this post

justsaying  
Years ago

with nothing put out by the club on the process etc for selecting/appointing a new coach i believe the top candidates team is still playing.

Only 2 teams left, Perth and Melbourne.

Guess who the new Kings coach will be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #737637 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Is that the punishment for the loser of the series? They have to coach Sydney haha

Reply #737639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The coach will have to get on with Bogut, Bevo would be the pick but watching time outs etc, there's always communication between Kendall and Bogut. It could work if Bogut stays healthy and they get a few more players that play both ends of the floor.

Reply #737640 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

As much as i hate player coaches. Could they be getting bogut to fulfill such a role?

Reply #737645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bevo mentioned a few weeks back his agent was away, could be a hold up. Who is running the kings at present could also be holding up negotiations. JVG contract is finished, are they keeping him or is he going could also be stalling things.

As much as the kings have failed in the last three seasons after promising finals every year, they did get the supporters back. It was the way they put there teams together that sucked, never the right balance between offence and defence plus lisch getting hurt didn't help.

The problem is now even last seasons side they really should only keep Bogut, Newley and Lisch. One or two off the others could be back up players, so they really need two good imports, pass first point guard who can score and two three that also can score and both need to defend. Spend top dollar on imports and use two like Perth and spend rest on good Aussie core. Will be tough this season with Phoenix already trying to get at the good Aussie players.

Hopefully the kings realise you have to build success and select smartly.

Reply #737648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The coach will have to get on with Bogut, Bevo would be the pick but watching time outs etc, there's always communication between Kendall and Bogut. It could work if Bogut stays healthy and they get a few more players that play both ends of the floor.

Seriously? Surely you're taking the piss... No... just no...

@AngusH - Most of them have, but it was just brought up again by that stupidly hopeful article that I guess was just written for click bait... Everyone should know better, but it IS always nice to think about... Goorj is like the East Coast version of DUNIGANNNNN!!!!

It makes sense that there could be a bit of delay with regards to who is making decisions, but that just goes to them being disorganised... New majority ownership group this coming season isn't there? Hopefully they've already cleaned out JvGs desk, but then who is in charge? The delay will only serve to hurt them without getting a coach while the playoffs are still being fought out, because then the FA timer starts and we all know how teams like to adhere to the rules about no discussions beforehand *cough*Lisch*cough*

But that's just standard for the Kings... Stuff things up, balls them up further, throw a bunch of cash at one of the problems for an easy fix and when that doesn't work, rinse, wash and repeat...

Reply #737653 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

Neilson!

Reply #737657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

People need to understand how such information can be leaked.
For some reason people love to hang on every word from Boti and Olgun, but that's not how it works. Sure if information is already effectively public but not widely know then journos with good contacts have the inside run to get it out first. And I'm sure that from time to time there are placements or even "deliberate leaks" where relationships come into play. But for obvious reasons this information is highly confidential, so the last person anybody is going to whisper to is a journo.
But there are always people within the organisation who know. Sometimes they get it straight from the horses mouth, other times they know because they are part of the management group, or because their job requires it.
Then sometimes they will share some of that information on a confidential basis with a mate...
Said mate will not reveal the answer other than to say that it is obvious and becomes even more obvious as time goes by.

As I said some time ago, the deal was already done.
Sure as somebody said at the time, I was a little surprised too that they were not giving Gaze the chance to make the finals and maybe even win. But Gaze came out with the announcement.

Reply #737661 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Neilsen is as well credentialed coach as BOGUT. Nothing.

Reply #737662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One of the reasons Goorj won't come back again is the freedom he has to do what he wants to do in China without the political interference that comes with the NBL.
He;s allowed to do his own thing in China and loves it. Still does individuals is in great shape and I would suggest will never coach in the NBL again.
Bevo fwih is lazy and does nothing in terms of individuals etc. Let's hope he doesn't get the Kings HC job. That is all.

Reply #737663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's ensure JVG isn't invited back. Lister needs to pull his head out of his arse and the Board as well.
JVG is the modern Cal. A smoosher. Talk the talk and take no responsibility. No skin in the game but needs to be loved.

Kings seriously need a shake up and get it right.

Reply #737673 | Report this post

Duke Fan  
Years ago

Another reason Gorj wont come back are all those lovely US$

Reply #737709 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Reply #737720 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plus he is locked into another year of his contract.

Reply #737736 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:33 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754