Aussie
Years ago

Sydney Kings commercial success in season 18/19

https://www.ausleisure.com.au/news/sydney-kings-smash-attendance-records-in-2018-19-nbl-season

Wow! I thought some of those numbers quoted were very impressive.

Let's hope it continues to grow for next season.

Great for Sydney and the NBL

Topic #44961 | Report this topic

Food for thought (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Yeah those numbers are pretty impressive, but Sydney only really back a winner. They will need to recruit well in the off season and be better on court to continue the momentum. You can't be filling the team with David Wears.

Reply #737923 | Report this post

Agent Oso  
Years ago

Yet they set those records with David Wear?

Reply #737932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut, love him or hate him, he's a draw card.

Reply #737936 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

The article lists the Kings most memorable moments for this season as :

- From Bogut's arrival,
- to David Wear’s three-point winner in Perth
- Sydney’s streak-busting victory over Melbourne United,
- the Club’s first Indigenous Round game

Well done Sydney...you certainly set the bar high.

Reply #737948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's the problem with text-to-speech, people can now wank with both hands and still post dribble.

I was waiting for the paragraph about the Sydney Kings curing cancer and solving world hunger.

As for claiming credit for crowds in Perth, its just sad that they probably paid somebody to write that.

I also fail to see how you can call a season where they booked a multi-million dollar operating loss as a "commercial" success.

Also may be some interesting facts hidden in those numbers.
They increased ticket sales by 92%, which is an attendance increase of 2,600. For that to be true, means they are giving away over 3,000 seats per night???
(Either that or they can't do basic maths)

Reply #737961 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

Mmmm... So who am I more likely to believe? An Anon poster or a published article?

"As for claiming credit for crowds in Perth, its just sad that they probably paid somebody to write that."

I live in Perth and whilst they generally get great crowds, the Bogut factor made a huge difference. I can assure you of that

"I also fail to see how you can call a season where they booked a multi-million dollar operating loss as a "commercial" success"

I'm sure they still lost money but prove it was "multi millions"

"Also may be some interesting facts hidden in those numbers.
They increased ticket sales by 92%, which is an attendance increase of 2,600. For that to be true, means they are giving away over 3,000 seats per night???
(Either that or they can't do basic maths"

Maybe I'm too stupid to work this one out. But prove they are "giving away over 3000 seats per night"

Reply #737965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Mmmm... So who am I more likely to believe?"

Some people believe in the healing properties of magnets and glass beads, so don't feel bad.

"the Bogut factor made a huge difference."

I appreciate that basic numeracy is clearly beyond you, but no, it just didn't.

"Maybe I'm too stupid to work this one out"

Clearly.
My point was that their numbers don't add up.
Most likely they are applying some spurious definition of "ticket sales" to justify their claim of a 92% increase.

Reply #737971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they were giving away a lot of tickets last season but far less this year, then the 92% could easily add up.

Reply #737974 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

"Some people believe in the healing properties of magnets and glass beads, so don't feel bad."

And some people believe in Gods, ufo's and huge conspiracy theories. What's your point?

"the Bogut factor made a huge difference."

"I appreciate that basic numeracy is clearly beyond you, but no, it just didn't"

Really? You talked to a lot of people in Perth did you? I did and I know for a fact that many attended to see Bogut play live

Reply #737975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What BS. It's like a paid ad. I have decided on crowd figures for KIngs games and it's all smoke an mirrors.
To base your worth and increases on a fictitious figure is a con.
Anything that comes after that is clearly a con IMO.
JVG has moved on and I will bet he will never work there. If he does it will be as an underling. By JvG.
BYe Gaze.
Thanks to Lister another 3 seasons very, very badly watsed.

Reply #738123 | Report this post

Aussie  
Years ago

If you have decided on crowd figures then email the author of that article stating your name and the position you have held.

Tell the author they are wrong. Then post his/her reply on this post

Reply #738139 | Report this post

Maybe the author should do some real journalism and find out how the crowd figures are actually arrived at.
Rather than do an Ogden promo for the Kings.

Reply #738175 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:48 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754