Paulo
Years ago

2019 NBL Champions - Greatest team

After witnessing greatness in Game 3 last night it's hard to argue against the facts. 29 point winners against a side with 3 imports and the owner of the NBL standing behind them. Talk about beating the odds and putting your legacy as a team right up there in the conversation. Win Game 4 and it’s etched in history.
This Perth Wildcats side is something else.

Topic #44968 | Report this topic

skull  
Years ago

Gotta tell ya, that was pretty impressive stuff from the Wildcats. From Top to bottom,from start to finish,those guy's are all on the one page....

Reply #738203 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Call me crazy, but I think in order to be in the running for greatest team ever, a team should probably win a title first.

Reply #738204 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Win the title they probably will, but have to go back to back imo to be great.

Reply #738212 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

I hate Trevor Gleeson but you have to put hate aside, the guy is clearly coach of the year.

Reply #738214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nah he is not even top 3. When it comes to the tactical battle on the court and getting the most out of his players he is such a fail. That is what the NBL awards would suggest anyway.

Reply #738219 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Win the title they probably will, but have to go back to back imo to be great.

Could be but pissed away an opportunity to three peat last season. Such a shame.

Reply #738224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If your criticism of a club is they didn't threepeat, you’re really clutching at straws.

Reply #738227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

his 3 imports obsession turned out to be shite so now it is 3 titles

Reply #738228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He banged on about "another failed season" so much this year that he has to fallback on something to continue the criticism.

Reply #738230 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Too early.

Wait til end of this series, then wait a few months and let's discuss.

I do think these two teams are very high up there in NBL history, because of the level of talent and small number of teams in the NBL right now.

Reply #738282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hardly the greatest ever. No where near it.

Reply #738286 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

My opinion might change on this later today, but right now it feels like United 18 was better than the 19 version

United 18 had better inside scoring. Wesley brought that.

On the flipside, there aren't any areas where United 19 is clearly better than United 18.

Reply #738294 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:19 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754