Kent Brockman
Years ago

Interesting NBL quarter-by-quarter stats

Interesting that the sixers are winning q1 and 4 but on average so far and lose q2 and 3.

Hawks get pumped in q1 and then make it back in q2.

Razorbacks make good starts but can not hold it together losing the next 3q's

Aggregate quarter by quarter scores in season 2006.

First Quarter
+33  Kings
+23  Razorbacks
+ 22  36ers
+17  Wildcats
+12  Bullets
+11  Tigers
+ 4  Taipans
-17  Pirates
-19  Crocodiles
-32  Breakers
-54  Hawks

Second Quarter
+28  Hawks
+17  Tigers
+11  Taipans
+8  Crocodiles
+3  Breakers
0  Kings
-5  Razorbacks
-13  Sixers
-15  Bullets
-16  Wildcats
-18  Pirates

Third Quarter
+44  Crocodiles
+42  Tigers
+20  Taipans
+18  Kings
-4  Pirates
-6  36ers
-9  Wildcats
-14  Bullets
-14  Razorbacks
-26  Hawks
-51  Breakers

Fourth Quarter
+26  Hawks
+22  Taipans
+8  Bullets
+5  36ers
0  Pirates
0  Breakers
-1  Crocodiles
-9  Tigers
-9  Wildcats
-20  Razorbacks
-22 - Kings

Topic #4498 | Report this topic

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

I really dont see the point in these statistics.

Reply #52305 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

I don't really see the point in the above post Bullshit.

Reply #52307 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

This sort of stat hasn't been big in basketball circles but gets huge kudos in the AFL. It is worth a look for coaching staff because your starts/finishes might be all that's holding you back, and then you start thinking about warmups/fitness etc.

Reply #52312 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Thats a bit hypocritical double clutch. At least i made a statement relevant to the post.

Moses i agree with you in some way, but i dont think the coaching staff need exact figures like that to tell them which quarters their team is playing badly (They'd know without them). I dont see what can be changed for the 2nd or 3rd quarter for a team to improve greatly. And if the fitness people/coaches have done their job properly then the players should be able to run out and entire game.

Reply #52325 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Your statement was an idiotic stat-boosting post. Of course there is a point to the stats, to display to whoever is interested the performances of a team quarter by quarter. Just because Oscar knew he shot well last year and the coaches know should we wipe his 48% from the record books? Let performances be reported by word of mouth?

I hope whenever a statistic is posted from now on this forum to see you post "I really don't see the point in these statistics" consistently. Because your same reasoning can be applied to every stat in every sport (even your incredibly followed in 3 states football).

Reply #52332 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:26 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754