Luuuc
Years ago

Gleeson re-signs for 3 Years

I'm very pleased to announce that we have re-signed our four-time championship-winning head coach, Trevor Gleeson, for the next three seasons.

Statement from chairman Dr Jack Bendat AM

We are the best.

Topic #45001 | Report this topic

Hogwash  
Years ago

Fantastic news

Reply #739153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's hope Matt Neilson stays patient, senior coach in his own right now.

Reply #739156 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

I hope so too, but definitely couldn't begrudge him moving elsewhere for a more prominent role.

Reply #739162 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Interesting that the deal was done so quickly, I guess no huge interest in moving OS.
But again its shows how things need to be done. He'll already be working on the squad for next season, whilst Sydney are still dithering.

Reply #739174 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

Reply #739177 | Report this post

Bol  
Years ago

How are Sydney still dithering?

Reply #739178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What will Shane Heal bitch about now?!

Reply #739179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

interesting Jack did announcement with Gleeson didn't see Georgiu?

Reply #739182 | Report this post

Perthworld  
Years ago

Georgiou is just a warm body to fill the CEO chair that's why.

Reply #739189 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marvin > Georgiou

Reply #739226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It appears that Matt Nielsen is no lock to return to the Cats bench, with PerthNow reporting that he is assessing his options.

After re-signing with Perth, Trevor Gleeson said he believes that Nielsen is ready for a head coaching role

http://nbl.com.au/news/article/nielsen-assessing-coaching-options?fbclid=IwAR0xFvYnVKRwOp9J_OSq7Wf89McUnaqtUP2hhG9kAPTyIPO3M7nXxRna848

Reply #739233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can only apologise for the ultimate inaccuracy of my previous posts. I suppose it shows the danger of reporting something before it is written in stone.
Obviously we knew Nielsen was leaving and at the time honestly believed the deal was already in place for him to go to Sydney. Its now painfully clear that any such deal was less than concrete. I have no direct knowledge of what changed, and it's a bit of a sore point at the moment. If anybody knows the full story, they are not sharing.
Given the timing, I think it is fair to say that said deal was with VG. I can only speculate that it went out the window with him.
I feel really bad for Nielsen. I think it is common knowledge that he is ready to take the next step.

On the other side, I believe this was a huge mistake by Sydney.

Reply #739238 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:40 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754