Any news or. Rumours

Topic #45013 | Report this topic

Mark  
Years ago

Martin and Wagstaff taking a while to sign on again

Reply #739592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO news cos the FA list isnt out. Clearly your 1st topic ;)

Reply #739599 | Report this post

Lovebroker  
Years ago

Just saw on NBL Overtime Carey announcing that someone (Perth Supporter) told him Shawn Long.

Based on such credible sources....Perth to repeat.

Reply #739603 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Long in, Jervis gone, Brandt bench?

Reply #739615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If wildcats sign Long were does the money come from?
Iam guessing if
Jervis 100,000
Hire 60,000
Brandt salary would have to drop to 120,000 sitting on the bench
Martin
Wagsteff would drop to 30 40 thousand

Cotton on 500,000 and Kay 200,000 700,000

Leave a million dollar soft cap to sign 9 players

so were does the money come from to pay Long

Reply #739618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Overtime Corey Williams suggested kings imports could be NBA bench warmers 15 16 man, with Bogut playing for Golden state there now 15 16 man are Marcus Derrickson PF 6 7 245 Alfonzo McKinnie SF 6 8 218 and next year the GSW have 58th pick who at the moment is a PG

Reply #739621 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Existing Thread:

https://www.hoops.com.au/forum/44984-perth-2019-20/

Reply #739622 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would Brandt drop his salary, it's business and he ain’t giving part of his salary to Long, on the Santa’s mail bag article he thought Long and Wesley plus Ware would be the Melbourne imports.

Reply #739627 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Iam guessing if
Jervis 100,000
Hire 60,000
Brandt salary would have to drop to 120,000 sitting on the bench
Martin
Wagsteff would drop to 30 40 thousand
I can't decide which of these is more hilarious. Jervis earning six figures for anything, Hire earning 60k for nothing, or Wagstaff (and possibly Martin, the phrasing is unclear) being worth less than the league minimum.

Reply #739630 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Wouldn't be stressed about Martin and Wagstaff signing on there is no rush.
They won't leave Perth.

Reply #739649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jervis 100,000 ?? hahahahaha

Reply #739650 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Please try to keep up.

Cotton to naturalize, Shawn Long brought in to replace Greg Hire, and Carmello Anthony in under the Rising Stars program.

Reply #739653 | Report this post

Trev  
Years ago

Wildcats are talking to two men to fill the number 5 spot. Shawn Long and Joshua Boone. Wildcats are also in talks with Nate Jawai to be the backup centre giving 10 to 20 minutes a game.

Reply #744401 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

I don't know exactly how much the bench cap will be for next season, but lets say $500k.
You've got to hope that Martin and Wagstaff took pay cuts and so can fit within the cap. Plus Steindl and Vague.
That leaves them needing one more cheap player (eg "Hire replacement").
Then they could in theory go for an Aussie 6th man, plus a couple of imports.

Losing both Brandt and Jervis presents a challenge. Especially given the dearth of locally available talent.
Sure, they can use that spare import spot to replace Brandt in the starting line up, but you don't then want to use the 6th man spot on a backup centre.

I don't think any of our DPs were ready for elevation, especially as a couple are heading to College, and Dech has signed elsewhere. That makes me think we must be looking to Europe (or elsewhere) to find that Hire replacement?

As for the backup centre, there are a couple of Locals still unsigned.
I wouldn't mind Bairstow as somebody that can play 4 or 5. But the fact he hasn't signed anywhere yet tends to support the idea that he's holding out for a well=paid starting gig.

I'd love to see big Nate back in Red, but that's an expensive option for your backup centre, and a guy who really can only play the 5. Boone & Jawai would make a good pairing, but again that's an expensive option to cover one spot.

Reply #744432 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Wildcats are looking at the following players,

Qi Zhou China
Norvel Pelle 76ers
Mfiondu Kabengele Clippers

Reply #750072 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Norvel Pelle is on a 2way

Reply #750073 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely qi zhou could get big money in china, i don't see perth being able to match anywhere near it

Reply #750076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth Wilburs please stop talking crap.
Thankyou.

Reply #750088 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Qi Zhou 14 pts 22 rebounds. Wildcats will be looking.

Reply #750148 | Report this post

They are looking at Dante Hall and Matt Costello who are with the pistons summer league team . should be looking at Amile Jefferson as well .

Reply #750159 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

Gotta love Costello's bio:
"He majored in interdisciplinary studies in social science with a concentration in human capital and society"

Well that was four years of his life well spent.

Reply #750163 | Report this post

Trev  
Years ago

Interesting point about Mr Zhou. He is good, if he played and did achieve a double double for the Wildcats then you can imagine how much attention this would have for the Wildcats (jersey sales), NBL and Australia.

Reply #750181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's good, and Wildcats will be looking, but no way they can afford him. He'll get big offers back home in china. He could even be a sneaky chance on an NBA roster.

Reply #750187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dazz why do you continually talk shit.
You either ramble or put people down.

Reply #750196 | Report this post

D2.0  
Years ago

So, unless my sums are wrong, it's just the two spots yet to fill?
Gleeson scouting for an Import Centre as we speak. Be interesting to see whether they go for a big bruiser, or a quicker more athletic type. I would love to see someone with legitimate big leap and reach.

Then we have one more local spot to fill

Reply #750269 | Report this post

Banditos Fan  
Years ago

Another player signed. One import to go.

Reply #750337 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:56 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754